Chapter 3
119 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own the 'Dragon Ball' anime, manga or video games, and the only thing I own is my 'Oc' along with this alternate/parallel story that I wrote for fun.

Dragon Ball: Legendary RPG

Chapter 3: Put to the Test

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"KameHameHa!" Attacks / Skills / Ki / Technique

Reading / News / Intercoms


You have woken up!

HP completely restored!

"It's so fucking broken I don't even know what to do with it!", I practically thought screaming. If I can heal myself just by sleeping, what will that mean for training, Zenkais and whatever else?

"Get up now, you brats! Breakfast is ready and you've got an hour before training starts! You'd better eat well! Especially you, Fudensō; today is your day." Their father's voice warned them, or practically shouted at them, from the entrance of the room.

I watched as Hōrensō jumped out of bed and said a 'Yes, father!' Curious I turned to Broly and used my 'Observe' ability.

Name: Broly

Title: Legendary Super Saiyan

Race: Anomaly Saiyan

Age: 23 years old

Status: Alive

HP: 33,482,751

Level: ?

Eh. Apparently, I can only see levels up to 10 above mine. Good to know, since, barring exceptional circumstances, it's best to leave well enough alone anyone who has a much higher level than me ... I was forcibly pulled out of my thoughts by my father's voice, though.

"How much do you see me, Fudensō! Get up and go have breakfast!"

I almost fell out of bed at my father's shouted command, but managed to pull myself together anyway.

"Y-Yes, father!"

I jumped out of my bed and joined my twin brother as we walked through the door. When we reached the dining room, we sat in our respective chairs and just as father said; breakfast was already served with my parents already seated waiting for us.

The four of us were eating at a fast pace like a typical Saiyan; until suddenly:

"Are you ready for today, Fudensō?"

I raise my head in surprise and focus my gaze on my mother; who was watching me intently, but with a hint of concern.

"Yes, mother! It makes you proud!", I said out loud, but at the same time I look at my father and twin brother. "I'll make them all proud." I promised with a determined expression as I refocused my eyes on my mother. 

The three of them looked at me with surprise at my words since I was apparently never one for so many words, but they looked at me anyway with proud expressions; especially my mother who smiled at me in a motherly way.

"That's the way to talk, brother!" exclaimed Hōrensō with a bright smile.

After that, the four of us continued to enjoy our breakfast.


One Hour Later

Mother and I were in a secluded spot to begin my test, while my twin brother trained with our father at a safe distance so we wouldn't be disturbed.

"Well, son," Kakaroko called my attention. "We'll start with measuring your power level .... Give me your best grunt." She said with a smile, while at the same time making a demonstration that caused her large bust to jiggle in her Gi.

I had to shake my head a little to ignore what I had seen and couldn't help the blush on my cheeks, but eventually I recovered and began to do as my mother said.

I bent my knees slightly, positioning myself slightly forward, with my arms crossed in front of my face. Mother was watching silently, but with a small smile. I'm going to show her that I'm not weak!

I knew that my Legendary Zenkai could practically make my power skyrocket to 'infinity', but that would also make my body explode from not withstanding such a level of power. And so, I had no choice but to limit myself, for now.

"Grrrrrraaah!" I shouted, throwing my arms to the side. I ignited my aura, it spread around me in a voluminous glowing greenish blue. My power level instantly shot up from a measly 36 units to 8600, even jumping a little past 9000, before dropping again. The ground beneath me and around me cracked, throwing chunks of rocks and dust into the air.

I kept my aura on, as my eyes met my mother's eyes. I could see that she had gaped at me. She could also sense that my twin brother and father had stopped fighting each other.

"I knew it, I knew my baby wasn't a wimp!"

Almost immediately I was tackled by a pair of arms and also my head was 'squashed' between mother's huge tits until I was almost out of oxygen ... Luckily, I was released and could breathe again.

"Wow ... So, you hid your power all this time, over 9000? That's certainly incredible," Kakaroko said with a big smile. "You passed this first test; well done, son." She congratulated very happily.

I smiled back, a little nervous about what had happened just moments before because in my previous life I had never gone through anything like this; but I would have liked to, that's for sure.

"Now let's go to the second test.... All around me are weights. Starting with 50kg, moving up, I need you to lift each one with both hands. When you get to the one you can't lift, we'll move on. Simple, isn't it?" asked Kakaroko with a lot of enthusiasm.

I looked at the weights from lightest to heaviest with attention.

"Yes, mother," I replied, as I moved to the first weight. I let my aura fade, but kept my power at 8600 and started working with the weights. The first four weights were simple and I had to push to lift weights five, six and seven. With the eighth one I could barely move; however, I knew a secret that my family didn't ... or so I thought. As the tutorial taught, feats of strength started with muscle and ended with power.

How else was the Goku of canon smashing his enemies into mountains or smashing craters in the ground with every punch? Your muscles can only get so strong before they simply stop. Your energy, however, with enough, anything is possible. I began pumping my energy through my body, energizing my muscles to a height that even I didn't know existed. The eighth, ninth and tenth weights were just as light as the first four, and I didn't even break a sweat until I really had to push for the fifteenth.

BINGO! You've gained +4 Strength by stressing your muscles!

"Wow... You're amazing, Fudensō!" exclaimed Kakaroko in awe, from where he was looking at me. "I never thought I'd see an untrained kid lift anything more than ten weights, but somehow I knew you'd pull it off! Do you know how to use your energy?" she asked with a very curious expression, while radiating an aura of pure stasis.

I formed a small smile at my mother's happiness; no doubt she always believed in me.

"Yes, a little," I replied; while at the same time scratching the back of my neck with a touch of embarrassment. My energy had dropped to 3600, from using it to lift weights, but it was slowly creeping back up. I would have to calculate the recharge rate sometime in the future.

"Well, with this I realize that the agility test you would pass with utmost ease. By that I mean you passed the second and third test; well done, Fudensō," Kakaroko congratulated with a proud smile.

Again, I returned the smile; on the one hand, relieved that I didn't have to take the agility test, but I swallowed saliva as I remembered the last test.

"Thank you, mother," I replied, as I relaxed a little. I lowered my energy back down to 1200, as it was a bit difficult to keep it at maximum while recharging. Something I imagine will get easier with practice.

BINGO! You've gotten +1 intelligence by thinking about one aspect of the game!

"... That's good." I thought with a thoughtful expression, while at the same time watching my mother call out to Hōrensō and Broly.

Suddenly though, I noticed that mother was looking at me in a very particular way; which for a moment made me shudder. I instinctively used my 'Observe' skill again on Kakaroko, but to my surprise nothing came out. My mother in response, turned her head and smiled broadly at me ... I swallowed saliva at this action of hers.

"Maybe it was her 'favorite'?" I thought with a touch of nervousness, although this was too innocent a question for him.

BINGO! You've gotten +1 intelligence by realizing how much your mother loves you!

"Oh ... So that was it." I thought with a bead of anime-style sweat of complete relief trickling down my forehead, as I watched Broly and Kakaroko talk about their incredible breakthrough.


End of Chapter Three


The chapter has 1500 words.


Uploaded: 14/07/22

Updated (Corrected): 25/07/22

4