Chapter 1
399 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Evangeline, but everyone calls me Eve.

And now I am gonna die soon because of these rebel bastards, but I at least managed to save some hostages.

"Eve, are you there??....

"Fucking answer me?"

Her eyebrows twitched in annoyance but she didn't reply to her.

'Ah, at least let me die peacefully'

Even though Eve knew she isn't close to death, she didn't ask for this miserable life of hers.

Every day she had to kill rebels and rescue hostages again and again like a robot.

'I even volunteered to finish off the head of rebels and close this dilemma once and for all.'

She was fully capable of doing that but the superiors and government officials just refused to answer her,

'These idiots need the rebels to stir trouble so that people flock over to the government and give them their money in return for protection.'

'Fucking idiots, I wish I could kill them.'

"Eve, I got reports from NASTY that you're vital levels are falling dangerously, please return to the base"

And that was why she came here hoping she could get any clues that the rebels and the government are colluding in any way possible. But this AI leaked out her conditions to the watchdog that got planted near her to monitor her.

'It was my fault in thinking that this AI will not leak things, it was only a matter of time before reports went to Scarlett'

This AI's name is NASTY and it was used as a battle assistant and communications specialist in the army before, and now it got replaced by another superior AI in the army.

Anyway, then NASTY was kicked out of the army, not totally out of the army but got assigned to my unit within the army.

"Juufyfcdtsrdtfi"

'Huh, it seems like Scarlett is still speaking on the channel'

"Hey, Scarlett" 

'Where was that Antiseptic spray, I swear it was just in my pant pocket a while ago.'

"Hey, what do you mean 'HEY', do you think I need a greeting right now, get back to the base right now, blah, blah..."

'Ah, shit'

'This bitch is trying to send me back to the base even before I can find some evidence.'

'Perhaps did she catch on to what I was doing or else...'

'Is she worried that I will find out something?'

7