Chapter 2
272 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After she sanitized her wound using antiseptic spray, she calmed herself down and started to think what to do next.

"AHHHH"

It was then she heard a gut wrenching scream almost similar to that of a woman's voice.

'I thought I had rescued every hostage from this building?'

"Eve, who is it?", Scarlet questioned from the channel.

'I acn use this use this chance to stay here a bit longer to investigate this place'

"I don't know who it was but I shouldn't leave it alone, i should rescue the hostage"

Scarlet was getting anxious with every second Evangeline is roaming in that place.

She remembered the conversation she had with the general Dustin.

"Watch over Evangeline and make sure to report to me everything no matter how trivial it is"

'That bitch isn't even worth enough for Dustin sir to watch her movements closely'

But he reprimanded her as if he heard her thoughts.

"Do not make mistakes or try to not defy my orders"

"But she isn't worth i...."

"SILENCE"

Her body flinched in surprise at his sudden shout.

"This is the last time I warn you of this, do not understimate her so easily"

"Just because a tiger is senile and weak doesn't mean you should lower your guard, in end it is still a tiger"

She didn't understand what he said back then and she still doesn't even now.

But there was a reason why Eve was feared by everyone. She was someone who knew how to form connections even with those that are known to be untoucable.

She was also intelligent, strategic and manipulative during the battle between the government and rebels that she earned the nickname 'Cunning witch' when she was just 19.

"Eve, I checked the  reports from NASTY and it shows that there are no lifeforms in this building"

'You think this could stop me'

"Then that either means this sound was produced by inanimate objects but i don't think i was able to find any sort of electromagnets in this building from the scans except for some ceiling fans."

"But still it is dangerous for you to investigate alone, you can get to the base to get your wound healed while our backup team goes in to check"

'This bitch should stop giving me headaches and just scurry off to the base'

Evangeline thought that there might be anti-scan bunkers present here since this is base of rebel organization.

"It might be from the anti-scan resistant bunker present somewhere in the building"

"Should I check it, Scarlett?"

'This bitch is taunting me on purpose isn't she?'

"No, you shouldn't since you have suffered way too much damage to your health"

'Trying to stop me with all you but sadly you cannot do so'

"Return to the base and report your mission and get treated for your injuries"

Scarlet was getting anxious with each passing moment because of Evangeline's persistentance.

"......"

'Why isn't this witch replying?'

"Eve, I repeat return to the base and report your mission and get treated for injuries", she repeated again.

"Eve, Eve, EVE...." 

But nothing was heard in the other side of the channel except for footsteps that was getting fainter.

'She shouts like a Godzilla in heat, i thought my ears were gonna pop off'

Investigating an unknown place always requires some defensive and offensive weapons in hand to be battle ready since you cannot predict when problems may arise.

So, She went back to her car and took a Desert Eagle, Benelli M49, and a belt of grenades.

'I felt like Rambo for a second there'

Evangeline was born in the year 2025, and it was the year when WW3 started with US and China battling each to be the leader of the world order.

At first, it was just a war of damaging each other's economic growth, but it soon escalated to cyber war, and then an fully fledged bio war.

This was going on for 10 years until Nuclear war started abruptly with no other reason whatsoever.

5