Chapter 25: In Full Bloom
159 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We've finally arrived at the final chapter of The Holy Prison
 
You can support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Emi_the_Fairy
Join my Discord for updates: https://discord.com/invite/EnsjDF74vC

“We’re finally here,” Aria announced. She swept her arm forward, revealing the massive tower of Remnisius as the others looked on in awe.

“Sounds like someone is excited to be back,” Saya teased.

“I know I am,” Relia giggled. She looked to Elesa beside her. “Let’s go,” she smiled, Elesa nodding and following her to the bridge. On the other side, the door opened, an elegant maid emerging.

“Welcome back,” Lyn greeted them. “I see you are doing well little miss,” she teased Relia.

“I thought we’ve been over this,” Relia pouted.

“Hmm, you may have said something on the subject,” Lyn gave a pleasant smile. “It is good to see you as well, Lady Elesa,” she gave a comforting warm smile. “It has been too long.”

“It has,” Elesa said, hugging the dracna. “I’ve missed you.”

“I can imagine, given the atrocious company you were tasked with.”

“That’s one way of putting it,” Elesa laughed.

Lyn guided them through Remnisius as she caught up with Elesa, the many girls behind them eyeing her with curiosity. Then, at last they arrived at an elegant purple room filled with books, which sparked nostalgia within Elesa. But it was nothing compared to the familiar face at its center.

The woman gave an uncharacteristic smile, breaking the years of calm demeanor and royal air as she embraced her best friend. “I’ve missed you so much Elesa.”

“Lubella,” Elesa hugged her back. “It’s been so long. You have no idea how lonely I was without you and Relia beside me.”

“I can imagine,” Lubella chuckled sadly. “I had to watch Relia go through the same heartbreak after all.”

“Thank you for staying by her all these years,” Elesa said with a gracious smile. “I have no idea what I would have done if we lost her.”

“Probably the same thing as always,” Lubella chuckled, “some hairbrained scheme to find and save her. Even the underworld wouldn’t be able to keep you two separated.”

“You joke, but you’re probably right,” Relia laughed.

“Is mother really that impulsive?” Saya asked as the others entered the room.

“Oh, incredibly,” Relia gave Elesa a playful smile.

“Unbelievably so,” Lubella teased.

“Hey,” Elesa pouted, “I didn’t come back to be made fun of you know.”

“Oh, we both know you enjoy it,” Lubella smirked, Elesa looking away in denial, her cheeks a light pink. “At any rate, I’m certain there’s much you’d like to talk about. So, let’s get comfortable, shall we?” She gave a snap of her fingers, summoning the furniture around the room to fly about. The furniture settled around a large table to accommodate the large group, inviting them all to sit.

“Hey, Saya,” Aria poked the princess as the others accepted the invitation.

“What is it?” Saya looked to her.

“Regi, Penelope, Nerivi, and I are going to work with Lyn to figure out what to do with Risia and then get changed,” Saya began to pout. “Aww come on,” Aria laughed. “You’ve seen how she’s feeling, and we need to take care of her, besides I don’t want to intrude.”

“Intrude? What are you talking about?”

“Saya,” Aria held her. “I’m happy to be there for all of you, but I think this conversation is for you to have as a family.”

“Yes, I suppose you are right,” Saya smiled. “Thank you, Aria.”

“Of course,” she grinned. “Besides, this way I can be your cool knight that you can cry into all night,” she winked.

“Must you make such teases?” Saya giggled.

“It’s my knightly duty,” Aria boasted as she headed back.

“I see she still have that horrible sense of humor,” Elesa groaned.

“Reminds me of you when we were young,” Relia giggled.

“I would like to think I made some faer jokes in our time,” she teased.

“Oh, goddess, she’s already back at it,” Lubella grimaced as she eased herself beside Honey, who giggled at the exchange. Relia comfortably wrapping herself around Elesa, as the sisters sat across from them, with Iris snuggling up to Elise in the center of the four. Lubella took a deep breath. “If you would rather have this conversation later, I…”

“It’s okay, Lubella,” Elesa shook her head. “I think I would like to do this now,” she said, Relia gently gripping her hand and nodding to her in support. She sighed. “But where do I even start?”

“If I may,” Saya interjected. “I told Lillia and Iris some of what Aria and I were told by Relia, but I think for their sakes, as well as Elise, starting at the beginning might be good. I can tell it if you would prefer though.”

“That would be fine,” Elesa nodded. “Thank you dear.”

“Okay,” Saya nodded. “Things began with Relia, when she lived in Luxur. At the time she was Zerto’s friend, and after awakening as a witch, she fled to Ethnerta at the behest of her father and our late aunt, Princess Veria,” Honey’s eyes lit up in surprise as Relia grimaced in disgust, as if biting into a soured fruit. “From there she came to meet Lubella, who was a princess of the kingdom, her mother Queen Rosaria, and mother. Is that correct so far?”

“Yes, that’s right,” Elesa smiled. “Not long after that I helped teach Relia the basics of magic, and we fell in love. It wasn’t long before we began living together for several years,” she hugged Relia tighter, the two sharing a nostalgic smile. “However, that was when he began attacking Ethnerta,” she frowned.

“Um,” Honey rose her voice. “I never really understood why Zerto attacked Ethnerta, but if what Saya said was true, does that mean it was because of…”

Relia sighed. “Yes, he attacked Ethnerta because of me,” she scowled. “In his misguided attempt to ‘save me’ from being cursed by being a witch. He even had the audacity to accuse Elesa of cursing me,” she shivered.

“I…” Honey looked at her in shock, then dropped her gaze in sadness. “I had no idea,” she looked back to Relia, who quivered nervously, as if to brace for some kind of impact. “It must’ve been really rough for you. Feeling at fault for all of it, yet having no control over his actions,” she looked to Elesa, who tried to hold onto the slumping Relia. “I’m glad that Elesa was able to support you through it, Lubella too,” she sighed. “Thinking back on it now, I suppose that helps explain why you vanished as you did for a while. And then why you and Lubella retreated here of all places. You must’ve felt so hurt and lonely, especially with all of us going our own ways.

Relia looked to Honey in shock. “You’re not upset?”

“At you?” Honey pouted slightly. “Of course not,” she shook her head, her ears bobbing side to side. “If anything, I’m sad to think that you suffered so much because of him. You thought of him as a friend, and he took away everything you cared about for not living up to his imaginings,” she clenched her hands then shook her head again. “I’m glad that you made it out of it all safe in the end.”

“Thank you, Honey,” Relia smiled. “That means a lot to me.”

“What happened after that?” Elise asked.

“Oh, yes,” Elesa nodded. “Well, Zerto wound up hunting for Relia. I saved her once, but then he came for us in Enzera. In the end, our queen and Lubella tried to have me teleport everyone away, but…” She grabbed at her shoulder as if to hold an old wound. “He used a weapon the church gave them. A weapon that can sever the flow of mana that they called a witchbane,” Elise trembled at the name of the weapon, recalling the horrid weapon that Risia brandished against them. “He used it on me at the last critical moment, preventing me from fleeing, but after I had managed to teleport the others.” Relia sank into her, desperately hugging her as tears crossed her cheeks, Elesa hugging her in turn, with a look of sorrow tinging her eyes. She took a breath.

“Is that when he…” Elise frowned, Iris shivering beside her, and Lillia looking at Elesa in shock. Saya sat to their side, a resigned look in her eyes as Elesa reiterated the story to them.

“Yes,” Elesa lips turned in disgust. “He decided that because I sent Relia away that he had to punish me. He said death was too good for me, and took me to be his bride, and had the church bind me to obey his will. All so he could watch me squirm as he slowly broke my will.”

“That is something I still don’t quite understand actually?” Elise frowned. “Why did the church help him? What did they stand to benefit from it?”

Elesa sighed. “Power, control, among other things. Denarius was a friend of Zerto’s, and he was eager to use me for his own promotion through the church. It started out as a simple favor to keep me under Zerto’s thumb, but their binds were insufficient, and I was able to resist them. They’d take me to Avtalia on a regular basis to reinforce my binds. And while I was there, Denarius would exploit me to do difficult tasks throughout the church as well as use me for his own research. I helped with his workload and ‘contributed’ to his research, and he looked better as a result for having found me. My affinity for light magic only made it more convenient for them, since it looked enough like their own spells,” she gripped her hands. “In all honesty, I wonder if he gave me a limited amount of freedom so he could keep me returning and make use of me.”

“Those bastards,” Lubella trembled in anger.

“And that’s why you started getting a reputation for being the Great Priestess?” Lillia asked, her mother nodding, confirming her horror. “I knew their teachings had to be a lie, but… to learn that so much of what I was taught was because of this is just…” she began to cry into her palms. “It’s horrible.”

“I’m still confused though,” Elise spoke. “You were being bound when I was a child, and I assume you were still being watched. So, how were you still able to guide me with my magic training back then. And… why did they take me away?”

“For that matter,” Lillia rested her head in her palm, “thinking about it, what caused father to start binding everyone else. He knew about Relia, so certainly he knew we all had the potential to be witches, correct?”

“That would make sense,” Iris nodded. “And yet…”

“It was because we were a mistake,” Saya said coldly, shocking the others. “That is what Denarius said. That we were that man’s mistakes. Was he right, mother?”

Elesa sighed. “Yes,” she grimaced. “He wasn’t lying. It’s one of the more bitter things about back then for me. It was something that perplexed me since the beginning. He hated me for accepting Relia for being a witch. That’s what I believed. But I was wrong. Or rather, I didn’t understand what was truly going on,” the group looked to her in confusion. She took a deep breath. “There’s a more complicated history to it than you all realize.

“Luxur and Ethnerta were once the same kingdom, until the church caused Luxur’s royalty to renounce the ways of Lady Lumina, causing those who accepted witches to flee and found Ethnerta,” Elesa explained. “However, the roots of Luxur persisted through the lineage of queens and princesses, until Zerto’s youth.

“When I arrived though, the previous princess, your aunt Veria, had already lost a substantial amount of her power over the country thanks to her brother. Thanks to Zerto,” she clutched her chest in frustration. “Apparently, when Relia fled the country, Zerto had no idea what happened or why, just that she had vanished, and he eventually discovered that your aunt knew. That intensified his animosity towards her, eventually leading him to break into her private records, where he discovered Relia’s fate, and prompting his personal desire for conquest.”

“So, that’s how he found out?” Relia asked.

“It is,” Elesa confirmed. “However, he didn’t learn about how she awakened because of those records, nor how witches awaken in general. He only learned that she had become a woman, and that she was a witch.”

“But wait, wouldn’t her records detail that?” Lubella asked. “I was under the understanding that Luxur’s Queens kept through details about witches and details about how important it is for us, and the need for our own acceptance.”

“Well, yes, they did detail that, but,” Elesa grumbled. “The damn bastard didn’t bother reading them,” she huffed. “He read that Relia had awakened and lingered upon her new form without any further consideration as to the why.”

“Wait, you mean to say that he didn’t look into it to begin with?” Honey asked, Elesa nodding irritably in response.

“Not only did he not bother reading the documents, he also refused to listen to his sister when she tried to explain the situation to him,” she said angrily. “Veria tried so hard to head him off, but she was too late. He lost any sense of respect he had for her and decided she was lying to him to save herself. And of course he never considered listening to me either.”

“But then, if he didn’t know about how witches awakened, why did he seal Xenia and I,” Iris asked. “Actually, now that I think about it, why was Elise’s situation so strange too?”

“Wait a moment, then…” Elise blinked. “Oh…” she uttered sadly. “I think I know.”

“Elise…” Saya looked to the lavender haired woman slump sadly in place, a tearful look in her eyes. “Denarius said something about father coming to him in a panic because of you, but he did not say why.”

“Back when Elise was beginning to awaken, Zerto still didn’t know about any of how we develop,” Elesa resumed. “At the time, I had encouraged her to hide herself, hoping that Zerto would simply make an oversight and allow her awakening to progress in peace until she was at least able to defend herself. However, that monster Goren wound up enlightening him.”

“Goren!?” Lubella’s eyes flickered with anger. “That bastard is working with him now!?”

“Wait, what does he have to do with anything?” Lillia looked to the equally confused Elise and Iris.

“Apparently,” Saya commented, “Goren worked with Ethnerta, and then betrayed them with information about Relia’s whereabouts.”

“That’s correct,” Elesa crossed her arms angrily. “He’s the reason Zerto eventually formed a usable strategy in the first place. He may pass himself off as a lazy lout, but in reality he actually orchestrates much of Zerto’s intelligence network now. The laziness is just to hide his true role. And unfortunately, he noticed Elise drinking mana one morning, and informed Zerto to her situation. I was hopeful at the time since Zerto didn’t seem to believe him at first, but Goren went out of his way to put Elise in a compromising position which led to her using magic in front of her father. That was when he reached out to Denarius to help seal all of you,” she lamented, dropping her shoulders regrettably. “It was also when he agreed to Denarius’s demands to have me become a more regular fixture of the cathedral.”

“So, it’s my fault that our family…” Elise began to tear up. Before she knew it, Elesa had risen from her seat and walked to her, swiftly pulling her daughter’s head to her chest.

“Don’t say things like that,” Elesa lightly scolded the girl. “It was never your fault. You were just a vulnerable teenage girl, growing up and trying to live your life. You were so close too. It is not your fault that monster chose to out you. None of this was ever your fault.”

“Mom,” Elise began to cry, the other girls making room for their mom on the sofa.

“It’s alright now, though. You’re finally free,” she held her weeping girl.

“I imagine that’s when he finally learned everything,” Lubella noted. “I take it that you realized he was ignorant and chose not to tell him, while Goren simply assumed he knew.”

“Yes,” Elesa confirmed. “But once he realized the extent of Zerto’s ignorance, Goren proceeded to tell him much of everything about witches. Or at least as much as he knew. I fear I may have given him more insight under Denarius’s curses, but a lot of those times are hazy. At any rate, after he outed Elise, Zerto moved to suppress her awakening, Denarius keeping her under his watch to… observe and experiment upon her,” she said bitterly, “and then had the others sealed, to prevent them from awakening as well.”

“Except for me, right?” Saya asked.

“He didn’t?” Lubella cocked her eyebrow curiously. “I had assumed Phordata had something to do with that.”

“No,” Honey shook her head. “We believe that Zerto left her unsealed to attract Phory out of hiding,” she said. Then she stopped and blinked, as the others also began to realize the discrepancy. “Wait, but it sounds like he was trying to suppress all of their awakenings at the same time? Why even bait out Phory in the first place? Why risk it all like that?”

“You certainly arrived at an interesting conclusion,” Elesa chuckled. “Although, I suppose I cannot blame you. That man did plan to use Saya to get to Phora, yes, but her awakening was not his decision.”

“What do you mean, mom?” Lillia asked. Relia and Saya looked to each other with a look of realization. “Saya?”

“Mom’s blessing,” Saya muttered, Elesa nodding.

“Like I said, Goren realized that Elise was awakening when she was still young. Zerto contacted the church shortly after to take care of all of you and your siblings. However, at the time, I was pregnant with you Saya,” she smiled at her youngest daughter. “I came into an idea, to use what little magic I still had to tie your infantile mana to a book.”

“A book?” Saya looked to her curiously.

“Yes. It was a precious book to me. One I managed to keep with me through my abduction. A small book of fairytales with a cluster of fairies on its cover,” Saya’s eyes began to grow as Elesa explained, the other adult witches sharing a gentle and nostalgic smile.

“I remember that book,” Lillia chuckled. “Saya always kept it in her room.”

“I loved that book growing up,” Saya smiled sheepishly. “The stories were all so cute and tender. I always imagined you reading them to me, mom. I always wanted that as a kid.”

“I’m not surprised,” Elesa giggled. “The spell I used was meant to draw you to that book. From there, the book would act as a natural medium for my magic to protect you.”

“I see, you tied her mana to it in order to have its connection burrow through any seals,” Lubella smirked. “You always were the creative one my friend.”

“Yes, well, I learned from some very good teachers,” Elesa smirked.

“So, Zerto did not intend to use me as bait?” Saya asked. “Does that mean he truly believed Aunt Phora was behind my awakening?”

“Not quite,” Elesa sighed. “Zerto did realize the truth at some point. He made certain to have his closest men watch over each of you, so perhaps one of them noticed. He also may have noticed some of your personality and feminine traits bleed through, but he did realize that the seal on you was failing. From there, you are correct. He did intend to use you as bait to draw out my sister,” she grimaced.

“Something that backfired,” Iris commented with a smug tone.

“Yes, and I’m grateful for that,” Elesa smiled. “Saya, you were my last hope. All I ever wanted was for all of you to have happy lives, and that book was the best chance for me to give one of you that opportunity. I never expected you to come through and save your siblings, much less me, and I’m so proud and happy that you did. I was so excited when I realized that my baby girl was finally waking up, and I’m so happy you managed to come through.”

“Mom, you mean I…” Saya whimpered, her eyes beginning to burn with tears, Elesa giving her a warm smile and a gentle nod.

“I’m so proud of you, sweetie,” Elesa smiled.

“I remember that book,” Honey smiled. “It was something your mother loved reading to us. I believe it was originally written for similar reasons to help another group of lost children,” she giggled.

“El was really always poetic like that,” Relia giggled.

“But how did you make sure it got to her?” Lillia asked.

“Well, it wasn’t just Goren and I who knew about witches in the castle,” Elesa smiled. “Some of the maids did too, those closest to Veria. They helped tend to me, and helped support me with tasks like that until the church tried their more severe methods.”

“They knew too?” Iris asked.

“Some,” Elesa nodded. “In fact, much of my knowledge about what occurred after Relia left was because they spoke to me about it. One in particular acted as my confidant while the others tried to maintain Veria’s secrets. She also tended to some of you and took care of the book until Saya found it.”

“She took care of us?” Saya asked.

“Yes, Lady Ciri,” she smiled.

“I had no idea,” Saya gawked.

“About Princess Veria,” Relia spoke up. “Did I hear you right? That she…” she gulped, “that she’s no longer alive?”

The room went silent, the sisters all frowning as they quietly recalled the story to themselves. “She…” Saya finally spoke up. “She died on a trip, when Elise and Iris were both still very young. She was apparently attacked by rebels from Ethnerta who were angry over the loss of their kingdom,” she explained, Relia looking to her, eyes full of pain and sorrow, brimming with tears.

“That’s how the tale goes anyway,” Elesa sighed, the room again looking to her in confusion. “Heh, it’s kind of weird having you all gawk at me like that,” she admitted.

“What do you mean ‘how the tale goes?’ Is it not true?” Lubella asked.

“I don’t know the specifics,” Elesa admitted. “I was still rather preoccupied at the time, and she was already kept under continual surveillance, and forced to avoid me, but from what Ciri told me, her death was staged. She was becoming too troublesome for Zerto to keep around, and he saw it as some perverse kindness to instead make it appear she was killed, then sending her into exile somewhere. Ciri knows more of the situation, but she didn’t want to trouble me too much with the information.”

“I see,” Relia sighed in relief. “I’m glad she’s apparently still alive at least.”

“Mhmm,” Lillia nodded. “Maybe we can…” she began to yawn, “reunite with her too,” she rubbed her eyes. “I’m sorry,” she shook her head. “I think I’m getting a little tired.”

“Me too,” Saya agreed, Iris making a small yawn beside her.

“I suppose we should stop here for the night then,” Lubella chuckled. “All of you, I’m glad you’ve all made it here, now be sure to get some rest,” she looked to Saya. “Saya would you mind showing them to the bedrooms.”

“I would be happy to,” Saya smiled, as she rose from her seat, the others following her. The group chattered and giggled as their reunion finally began to sink in.

“There you are,” Aria greeted them. “Feel free to have your pick,” she waved to the doors behind her, the group nodding, Saya ran to Aria’s side as Lillia and Iris grouped up to find a room. “Oh, Penelope is in that room,” Aria pointed across the hall, Elise nodding.

“Elesa,” Relia looked to the blonde beauty. “Would you mind if…”

“I’d love to,” Elesa smiling as she began to follow. As she passed Elise, she looked into her pair of pining amethyst eyes. She stopped, Relia looking behind and following her love’s gaze to the eldest daughter. Elesa gave a warm smile. “Why don’t you go get Penelope and we can talk in our room, she smiled at Relia’s eager nod. Elise nodding happily. “Good night girls,” she waved to the others. The girls all saying goodnight until it came to Saya.

“Goodnight, mom,” she smiled to Elesa, then turned toward Relia. “Goodnight, mama”. Relia blushed as the other looked to Saya with brief shock. Elesa giggled a bit as the others smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Goodnight, mama,” Lillia and Iris echoed Saya, intensifying Relia’s giddy blush before running off.

* * *

The group of four split into two groups, Penelope and Relia giggling in the small pool in the corner as Elise sat quietly on the other side, looking on at the pair of giggling girls. A shiver went down her back as a sudden cold chilled her neck. She looked up embarrassedly as her mother hung a glass of ice water before her. The woman smiled upon her, filling Elise with a nostalgic warmth.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” Elesa asked.

“I’m not really sure,” Elise admitted. “I… I just feel so…” she sighed. “I still feel all broken,” she trembled. “When I was a kid, magic came so naturally to me. But when we were in the Restricted Sanctum, it was like… I just couldn’t. I know the Devil’s Despair was in there, and it caused me problems, and Risia had that witchbane, but I…”

“You feel like you should be stronger, and better than you do now?” Elesa asked, her daughter nodding in answer.

“I remember, back when I was little, I was so proud that I could make those tiny ice sculptors, even though water isn’t one of my affinities. And I could use all sorts of different magic. But now, I can’t even seem to conjure a gentle breeze anymore,” Elise frowned. “Am I… will I ever get my magic back?”

“Elise, our magic is dependent on our emotions,” Elesa explained with a tender voice. “It’s why I want to watch over Risia. When our hearts are in agony, our control over our magic becomes stressed, even unusable.”

“You mean…”

“Elise, sweetie, you’ve been hurt in a way I don’t truly understand. Unlike your sisters, you knew the whole time who you really were and had your awakening denied to you. That pain isn’t just going to go away,” she lamented. “It will take time to heal, and plenty of will to move past it,” she explained, her daughter’s face becoming even glummer. “But you’re not alone. I’m still hurting too. Zerto hurt me in ways I’m still trying to grasp, and I may be struggling with that pain for a long time.”

“Don’t you feel like it’s too much?” Elise asked. “All of that pain. I mean, dad, he… he took away thirty years of your life. Took you away from the person you loved, and forced you to hurt people… to hurt us. And I… I was forced to see myself in the mirror all that time, knowing the person I knew I was supposed to be wasn’t who I was allowed to be. All while watching you suffer from the sidelines. I wasn’t even able to help you even though we were so close,” tears trickled down her cheeks. “How am I supposed to accept this? I’m not strong enough to…” she whimpered.

“You don’t have to be strong,” her mother held her. “You don’t have to shoulder it all alone and be a strong soldier carrying on through the pain. You have me, your sisters, Relia, Reginald, and…” she looked towards the pool.

“Penelope…” Elise eyed the sweet girl in the pool. “She was the first person to see who I really am,” she whispered. “She helped me enjoy myself, and helped support me, even when I felt hopeless. She treated me in a way that made me blush and giggle and…” she hesitated.

“It’s okay, sweetie. She cares for you, and you care for her,” Elesa smiled. “She’ll help you. All of us will. You’re not alone anymore Elise.”

“But do I deserve it? She tried to reach out, and I just threw it all back in her face,” she cried into her mother’s chest. “She wanted to help me and I hurt her.”

“We all do things like that, Elise,” her mother pet her lavender hair. “I once pushed away Lubella because I was afraid for Relia. I even sent Relia away, watching her reaching out for me, crying and begging to stay with me,” she wiped away her own tears. “We sometimes make mistakes when we try to protect the ones we love, but it’s important to embrace your chances to heal,” Elise looked up to her mother’s warm smile. “Trust me, being apart from those you care about can take quite the toll, I would know,” she smiled bitterly. “But it’ll be okay now that they’re with you.”

“Mom,” Elise looked to her, her eyes heavy with fears and doubt.

“Even if you feel broken and hopeless, it’ll be okay,” Elise felt her mother’s tender lips kiss her forehead, a calm finally casting over her. “We’re here for you,” she smiled. “I’m here for you.”

“Yeah,” Elise finally began to smile as she nuzzled her mother’s chest, sinking into her warmth. “I’m not alone anymore. I’m finally with people who care for me and accept me.”

“Exactly,” Elesa pecked her cheek.

In the distance, Penelope smiled kindly at the mother and daughter quietly embracing, Relia joining her with a tender look. “Penelope,” Relia looked to the girl. “I want to thank you.”

“Thank me?” Penelope repeated.

“Yes, I can tell that you care a lot for Elise. And that matters a lot to me,” Relia nodded. “Those children… perhaps it is a little presumptive of me to say this, but I see them as my own.”

“I could hear them calling you mama, ma’am,” Penelope laughed, Relia blushing from embarrassment.

“Yes, well,” Relia cleared her throat. “I’m glad that she has someone like you in her life, who was willing to walk a path you ended up despising for her sake. As well as prioritizing her over a mission you once felt so faithful for.”

“I see,” Penelope smiled. “It wasn’t that hard a choice to make though. Once I saw the smiling face the church desecrated, any faith I had was obliterated. After all, what kind of force that preaches love and kindness would take that away, and think it to be a good thing,” she looked to Elise’s gentle look and began to blush. “I’m just glad that she’s finally free from them.”

“As am I,” Relia agreed, as she gazed at her beloved. The gentle and kind ways her fingers danced through her daughter’s hair stirred a nostalgic passion within her, memories of Elesa’s kindness and warmth entering her mind. She had perhaps changed over these many years, as had Relia herself, but she recognized that pure benevolence in a heartbeat, and she reveled in seeing it again.

Before long, Elise and Penelope left, smiling and thanking the two. “Goodnight mom, mama,” Elise grinning as she mimicked her sisters as they left. Relia was absolutely pink when she finally turned to look at Elesa, who simply laughed. The two headed to a small door leading outside to a quiet balcony.

“I guess it won’t be as hard to tell them as I thought,” Elesa giggled.

“They’re so accepting. I swear, those girls never stop surprising me,” Relia giggled back. “But I guess that’s not that surprising considering they’re yours.”

Ours,” Elesa said with a smug look. Relia smiled.

“Ours,” she affirmed, leaning into Elesa. The two took a deep breath as they watched over the peaceful forest below them.

They gazed up at the moon together for a time before finally turning to the other. Their lips met each other, locked together as they hoped their fates would be for so long, once again fully entangled.

* * *

Saya giggled as she donned her nightgown. She gave a swift spin before adoringly watching the gentle pink color flutter to her sides before it took to clinging and caressing to her curves. She watched her body naturally sway in the mirror before she began washing her face, a sense of euphoria washing over her like the gentle water into the sink. She felt a sudden force grip her, a firm yet loving force holding her from behind. She looked up, her extravagant emeralds eying seductively spectacular sapphires.

“Gosh, someone is excited,” Saya laughed.

“It’s difficult not to be when you dance around like that,” Aria moved to Saya’s neck, giving her a loving kiss.

“You say that as if you’re not just as alluring when you undress,” Saya smirked.

“I suppose it’s time to lay some lovely ladies down, then,” Aria tempted, elegantly escorting Saya towards the bed.

“It has been a long day,” Saya admitted as they moved under the sheets.

“But a good one,” Aria noted as they came to lay beside each other. “I’m so glad you’re all finally together again,” she gently pulled Saya closer to cuddle her.

“In no small part thanks to you,” Saya leaned into Aria’s chest. “I’m so glad I have you with me. I do not know what I would do without you.”

“Nor I without you,” Aria sighed happily. “If it weren’t for you awakening, and being interested in me, or Phora’s directness, I don’t know if I would have ever really let myself love someone like this.”

“You said it was difficult before, with the Lumina Knights. You felt alone, right?” Saya asked.

“Yeah. I’ve always loved women, but I always believed that I was alone in that, and that it was improper,” her voice sank.

“Because of what your father told you?” Saya asked.

“Yeah,” Aria laid her head into her pillow, gazing lovingly into Saya’s eyes. “Just like I believed what he told me about you. I’m so glad you helped me realize he was wrong,” she smiled.

“As am I,” Saya smiled. “Now we get to be together.”

“With your sisters, your brother, your aunts, their lovers, and…” Aria grinned, “your moms.”

Saya blushed. “Goddess, it feels nice hearing that,” she giggled. “When all this started, I only really had Xenia, Mable, and you. Now we’re all together. Or well we will be soon. And mom… she was so distant back then. Now we have her and Elise back. And,” she giggled, “I even have Relia now too.”

Saya thought of her family, imagining that Iris and Lillia must be having a similar conversation. She thought of Lillia’s glee, and Iris’s happy tears streaming down her excitable smile. She imagined Honey excitedly preparing a message for Phordata of their victories. Then she thought of Penelope and Elise finally getting the chance to embrace, and her moms doing much the same. It all made her feel so warm and happy. “I feel like the luckiest girl to have so many people with me.”

“Not quite,” Aria shook her head, surprising Saya. “That would be me,” she kissed Saya, whose protests were silenced by the passionate night.

The two slept well that night, as if sleeping in a lovely field of flowers which had finally begun to blossom after a long, long time.

13