Chapter 1
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This class is just fine. There are a lot of lovely people that can keep you company and become your friends--" these words were being said by a mature high school boy, whose long blonde hair covered his blue eyes. He was clearly talking to a newly arrived student, who was sitting on the last seat of the class, a place that delinquents and lazy people who didn't do their homework usually crowded.

"--But there's a person you must never talk to. This is very important." The boy continued. He was standing up and looking directly at the student, his hands were on their desk. To anyone who didn't know him, he could even look intimidating as he was tall and muscular, but he was usually just as gentle and caring.

"Marcus Azner. Second row, third column. If you see, he's the only person in this class except you who's sitting alone, with no desk mate. That's because he did a terrible act. One year ago, when we all were first years, he--" The boy began talking about such an event, thinking the other party would be interested.

"Don't worry. I know how to handle myself." Said a girl's voice which was nowhere near what was imagined by all the students who could not look at her but were intently listening. The tone was as clear as water, but laced with a poisonous irony.

"I will speak to him if I want to. Whenever I want to."

"That was just some advice. You're misunderstanding me--"

"No, I don't think I am. If I wanted to know what heinous crime he committed, I'd simply ask him. If he was such a criminal he would not be here, with all of us. He would be in jail, or worse at the first seat." She joked at the end, but it did not make her words any lighter.

"There's no point in talking with you! You'll just attack me for no reason! I just wanted to help." The boy muttered angrily. 

"You can help me. Just tell me your name."

"Isador Azahiel." Said the blonde-haired boy with a quieter voice, trying to calm himself down.

"Well, well. My dear Isidor." She started, but was still invisible for all the students that were more and more curious about the situation. 

"I really don't think this spot fits me, for I'm no criminal or lazy person. Shall I find another place that appeals more to me?"

"Are you even listening? As I told you--"

"I know." She said, then she got up from her desk and stood still. Everyone was now able to see her -- she had white tinted hair, which was  big deal since nobody in this exceptional school would do it. Plus, she had light blue eyes even less dark than those of Isidor, a thin and almost underweight body, a knowing and cruel look, a height that was above average.

"I think I'll go there, in fact."

At that point, the boy who was talking to her had enough. As typical of an impulsive person, the boy had an anger attack after hearing those words, looking intently at the white-haired girl, then threw a punch.

He only stopped after hearing a scream.

"Isidor Azahiel, what are you doing?!" It was a janitor who was yelling. Immediately, Isidor became terrified as he stopped dead in his tracks and his arm was firm in the air. Such a thing would easily guarantee his expulsion from the school. "I hope you have a good reason for all of this. Otherwise, I'll be forced to send you to the headmaster."

While being able to say anything and ruin his life in that moment, the girl was silent at that point. She just looked firmly in the eyes of the janitor with a serious face.

"It was... a joke. Simply." He explained with an insecure and quiet voice, but was heard anyway. Meanwhile, he was watching the girl whose name he didn't even know, the new student in the 2A Class, to understand what her reaction would be.

"Is it true? I'm talking to you, missy. Who even are you? I've never seen such--"

"My name is Sophia Aladora, I'm the new student in this class. You should already know my name and surname, gentleman. But don't worry about Alador, he was just trying to explain what I should do in case someone tries to take advantage of me." She said with a calm tone, still hiding some irony. 

The reaction in the janitor was one of shock. He immediately answered with a face full of reverence and almost bowed down, something that no other student in the class had ever seen or received. Still, nobody really knew who 'Sophia Aladora' was, so they didn't have any reason to act in the same way.

"That's bad manners, if I'm allowed to say it.." The janitor tried to reason, but he just sighed understanding the situation. "Alador, if you're seen doing such things again to other students, I won't be this lenient. We practice a more peaceful behaviour." Finished the janitor. His face was full of remorse, almost insecure. He was bald and muscular, his eyes were usually full of resolve, but he looked defeated now.

"I'll leave." He added "I'll come to clean this room later."

Changing the focus of his eyeview back to behind his shoulders, the boy noticed Sophia smiling like a kid during Christmas.

"Now you owe me a favour." She said, almost whispering so that nobody but them could hear it.

"What do... you mean?" He asked.

"Well, I'd say it's obvious. When you're asked something, then you must do it for me. No exceptions."

"Did you... do all of this for a favour?" He asked, whispering just like the girl now, quite shocked. His mouth was wide open but nobody in the class could guess what was going on.

"Of course. I saw that the class in front of us was already clean, but this one was still dirty. There's trash everywhere, so I thought someone would come to clean it. Then, as the situation occurred I thought it could be nice to get an advantage."

"You... made me almost break your skull for that?"

"I did it when I saw him coming. You were watching me, I was watching the door. But... why am I even explaining these advanced techniques to someone like you. "But not only for that. You made me quite curious, to say the least."

"I think I'll sit with that boy, Marcus. After all, you thought so highly of him."

2