Prologue
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 25th, 24XX

Today is tuesday. One day before the launch of the game that I pre-ordered months ago. After preparing for some time, I decided to quit my job and enjoy the rest of my life playing a Virtual MMORPG. Why? Let's just say, it's my reward. My name is Lena Straff and ever since I was a child, I've worked so hard and excelled in both studies and work. I managed to find a nice job as an employee on a company until I became one of the most important stockholders of that company at a young age of 25. I managed to give my little sister enough support for her education and helped my parents on their own business. But all of these success came with a price. I never experienced being a normal kid who just plays around and enjoy their young life.

That is why, I've decided to quit my job, sold everything and use some of my wealth to buy myself a new VRMMORPG game along with the equipment needed to play it. I am sure that I can still survive as a 29-year-old adult because of the money that I saved for myself. So, unless you have a back up, don't follow my footstep.

Now, about the game that I pre-ordered.

Legrandia is a brand new VRMMORPG that is set on a medieval fantasy world where players can explore its world and do adventures with others. The players will start as a Novice and then they can change their classes when they meet specific requirements. These classes may vary and will have to be unlocked by meeting specific requirements. What those requirements are are up to the players to discover. Or they can just go to the game's official forums and follow the guides of the beta testers to gain the five basic classes. As a newbie, I decided to check their forums every now and then to know various kind of stuff. You can also choose some subclass, like baker, blacksmith, jeweler etc. Unlike the classes, subclasses are easier to unlock and you can have extra benefits from it.

I've been lurking in the forums for weeks now and I've decided to be a Mage when the game goes online. For now, I just have to set up my PC, VR equipments and install the game that I pre-ordered because tomorrow will be a long day for me.

March 26th, 24XX

Today, at 10 in the morning will be Legrandia's grand launch. It's already 9:50 am so I decided to turn on my VR equipment and wait for the game's service to go online. At first, everything was white, after a few loading icons, a small box appeared from the whiteness of the background. I see the game Legrandia so I chose it. It opened a menu that shows the game's brief description and a countdown timer. I can also open a browser where I can surf the internet while waiting. There were tons of hyped players just waiting for the game to open. And then, the countdown was at

3
2
1
PLAY

Everything that I saw changed into Legrandia's starting screen. The scenery of a kingdom in grassy plain was beautiful, and the background music was very relaxing. I was immediately absorbed by this Virtual Reality that I almost forgot to enter the game.

I was now on the Character Creation screen where I can see an avatar with randomized feature. After a few moments of modification, my preferred avatar is now done. A red short-haired girl paired with silver eyes. Everything was perfect except for... the height. My height was based on the height I used when I set up my VR equipment. There was no in-game option for me to change my height at all. Here I thought I could experience a life not looking up to people younger than me. I sighed and just continued on to give a name to my character.

"Welcome to Legrandia, Tyr!"

1