Chapter 2.5( Interlude) A short Conversation
257 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Shino POV>

“Even now you’re still annoying,” I said, as I looking at Allan.

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” he retorted with a slight grin on his face.

“But wow Shino to think you had such talented students, children their age are just learning beginner and intermediate magical spells but here they can use magical arts, I came here to see how the boy was doing but to think you had another with such promise.”

“Yes, they are quite talented,” I said.

“I find it strange though,” florin answered.

“Why not enlist both of them? They clearly fuel each other’s growth. It’s pretty clear in that previous fight why separate them?” florin said.

I let out a breath “It’s a complicated matter, honestly I wished she had no mana aptitude in the first place but that girl, she is blessed, well that would be the case in a higher race but for her, it’s the exact opposite.”

“Hmm, who is she?” He said with a puzzled look on his face.

“Her name is Atsumi Hoshiko,”

“Hmm, Hoshiko?”

“Yes. She is the daughter of Mina Hoshiko and Mirion Altair. I’ve long since told her about her parents, not really truthfully, as Mirion doesn’t know she is alive,” I said, my hand clenched.

“I see, but for what reason you keep it a secret?”

“For many reasons, one being Mirion having a bad habit of attracting the wrong crowd,” I said.

“I am also scared of how she would react when she discovers the circumstances of her birth.Together with her own issues, it’s a recipe for disaster.”

“And in honor of my best friend, I wanted her to live her best life away from the countless fighting.”

I looked at my sweaty palms, considering if I should tell him, but in order to receive his help, I had to fell him the truth.

“It is known that one’s Qi quality, as well as their tolerance for mana, is determined by how they train their body,”

“Correct,”

“And the purity or quality of their mana is determined by their soul.” I stated.

“That is correct.” Florin nodded.

I moved closer and looked straight into his eyes. As one of the few people I still trusted, I needed him to understand.

“From what I am to say you can’t tell this to another person no matter what as it may bring too much attention to us and if we attract the wrong kind, I’m afraid not even you and I together will be able to do anything about it. I only say this because I need your help and it was also the other reason I asked you to come personally.”

Florin watches me intently, confusion and concern clear on his face.

“The seal I put on her is wearing off. I’m not good with runes in the first place, so that’s why I need you,” I said, pointing at him.

He looked at me, even more confused.

Keeping my voice low, I told him the issue that plagued her, and why I kept her away from the world since her birth. At first he didn’t believe me and laughed it off as a joke, but after seeing my face, he could barely utter his next sentence.

“You- you can’t be serious.”

10