CHAPTER 12: BOMB
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am Bekura Weger. It's a pleasure to meet the demon prince from Flink. I also thank you for your help towards our people."

 

The lady with the red hair said while putting her left hand to her chest and then bowed slightly at Zeliker. She was not scared of Zeliker.

 

Zeliker felt that Bekura had an aura almost on paired with Silvert but her brother wasn't. This was probably because she was a mature female demon that had seen a lot more than them. He nodded to her and Dian.

 

"Lead us to Riseptos," Xcerox ordered them.

 

"Yes, Your Highness!"

 

Dian had to follow her sister inside again. He shuddered when he looked at his colleagues who eyed him like an experiment rat. They still have a lot to use on him. However, they couldn't capture him in front of their royals.

 

Such sadness and pity were shown in their eyes. Dian growled angrily at them and they scattered away in laughter.

 

‘I'm not your subject to use... Every. Single. Damn. Day!’

 

Zeliker and his groups look at him amusedly. So, Dian was supposedly used as his sister's subject. That information was new to Zeliker and Silvert. They never thought demons would help in building the technologies.

 

They arrive at a hall with a thick glass room in front of them. The room was one of the experiment chambers. Inside, they saw an unconscious Riseptos, lying on a steel bed with some people touching and putting some tools on the collar.

 

Zeliker and his group watch from outside the glass. Stiria put her hand on the glass. Her eyes show worry because she can see the collar was complicated. This was the first time she saw that type of collar.

 

Bekura and Dian's expressions already turned grim.

 

"The collar on him is too hard to break. Even our strongest diamond knife couldn't scratch it. I guess those enemies have used an unknown material to build it, your highness." Bekura explained.

 

Zeliker and Silvert eyes widened. They never heard of a material stronger than diamond. These things were too powerful. If it were made into a weapon, the world would be in jeopardy.

 

"It might be made from the meteorite that was found twenty years ago..." Stiria said slowly.

 

Their eyes turn to her.

 

"It might not be it either but I can only think of such material."

 

Bekura nodded. "I agree. That meteorite was the hardest material we ever found. And until today, it can never be damaged or melted. Just like... Eleise."

 

Zeliker and Silvert eyes narrowed. Nekruis have Eleise but where did it come from was unknown. Now that they thought about it, could Nekruis also hold this material?

 

It was not impossible since Nekruis was the most powerful demon ever lived. It was just that he was not interested in claiming more lands. That puts humans at ease... A bit.

 

"Miss Bekura, we still haven't found the line to depart it. Could it be some kind of magic tool or something?" A man walks out of the experiment room from the door on the left side of the glass.

 

"Magic tool?!"

 

Zeliker and his group were shocked.

 

"It might be. Why didn't I think of it?"

 

Bekura slapped her forehead before she walked in. She put her hand on the collar and felt it with her senses. A moment later, she nodded at them.

 

"It's a magic tool." She mouthed to them because the experiment room also was soundproof.

 

"You mean the same as Eleise then?" Xcerox's eyes widened.

 

Bekura came out again. "No, Eleise is too magical than this low creation."

 

Low creation? Don't you mean tough creation?

 

Everyone stared at her speechless. How did she measure this?

 

"Well, this one has too many other materials that would be hard to dissolve. But it wasn't possible. We just need a powerful demon to help us disintegrate it..." Her eyes went to Zeliker and Silvert.

 

Everyone turns their eyes on them too.

 

"I'll do it." Silvert volunteered.

 

He can't have his prince do this. No one knows if it was dangerous or not. He went in and got closer to Riseptos.

 

"I'll be rude to you a bit, Sir Riseptos." He said in his heart while putting his hand on the collar.

 

Since he has the dimensional ability, he might be able to slowly grind this material with it. He was shocked when he found out that the collar wasn't changing a bit. It was like the collar repelled his power.

 

This was the first time such a thing has happened to him. He turns towards Zeliker who looks at him in confusion.

 

"Something's wrong..." Zeliker voices out. "I need to help him." He told Bekura and the others.

 

"Please..." Everyone looks at him with hope.

 

They can't let Riseptos stay comatose like that. No one knows if the collar sucking his power or more terrible his life force. Zeliker went inside.

 

Silvert told him what he found out after using his power. Zeliker was silent for a moment. It seems he could only use force.

 

His black eyes snapped red and his aura was released. Silvert, who guessed what Zeliker wants to do, released his too. His eyes changed to a rainbow colour.

 

Everyone outside gasped when they felt the ominous aura.

 

"Move away!" Xcerox warned them not to get close to the room.

 

The staff, some already ran out and some stayed behind Xcerox and the others.

 

"Stiria, you need to leave. Dian, bring her out!" Ordered Xcerox because he worried that Zeliker and Silvert auras might hurt her.

 

"No, I'm staying!"

 

Stiria can't leave. She felt it inside. At least not now. Her instinct told her to stay.

 

Damn it!

 

Xcerox hides her behind him. She only allowed her to peek. Gizelis, Nish, Bekura and Dian already move in front of them to protect them if necessary.

 

They watch Zeliker lift both his hands towards the collar, same as Silvert who had moved to the other side of the bed. Their aura pierces the collar but an unknown barrier appears surrounding the collar. This was what Silvert saw before. This shield didn't allow his ability to grind it.

 

"Push your ability to the max. I will help you." Zeliker telepathy Silvert.

 

"Yes, my liege!"

 

Silvert summoned his ability. An unknown void appears to surround the collar. He must be careful because it might sever Riseptos' neck. And that was not their intention.

 

"Don't worry about his neck. I have put my shield on his body." Zeliker knew what he was thinking about so he told him.

 

"Yes!"

 

Slowly, Silvert's void chipped the collar little by little. The pressure they released together was on par with the collar's barrier. Focusing was already tough enough, more so when Zeliker had to use his barrier to protect Riseptos neck from being crushed by Silvert dimension force.

 

He can feel his body sweating profusely. Suddenly, he heard a ticking sound, not from the chipping.

 

‘Bad! This thing has a hidden bomb as we thought!’

 

Silvert almost wavered in using his ability because he heard it too. But he manages to strengthen it again. Both look at each other with worry.

 

"Xcerox, tell everyone to leave! This thing has a hidden bomb in it!"

 

Xcerox was shocked by Zeliker's yell into his mind.

 

"Everyone, get out now!" He ordered.

 

Without objection, all leave the building in a rush. Stiria wanted to stay but she was forced to leave with everyone. She could only pray they would be saved.

 

Once she was outside, she closed her eyes while hugging Xcerox's side. Xcerox hugs her back and looks nervous towards the building. He didn't notice that Stiria's eyes have changed colour from aurora green to light silver.

 

"Do not panic, Silvert! Focus!" Zeliker barked at Silvert.

 

If Silvert failed to uphold his ability, they both might die there with Riseptos.

 

"Continue!"

 

"Yes!"

 

‘It's fine... Everything is going to be fine.’

 

Zeliker told himself that. He dislikes such a dying method anyway. So, he put another barrier around him and Silvert. Silvert was unable to do that because his energy was used to hold on to his ability.

 

Zeliker stared at the collar that was disintegrating slowly. The hidden bomb was put somewhere in the collar so Silvert was careful with his chipping.

 

"You know... Other demons would have detonated the bomb by now... Just so they can save the misery of doing this." Zeliker felt the need to say that.

 

Silvert eyes twitched. Does he have to make a joke right now?

 

"Have you ever thought we would do this to help humans?"

 

Silvert smirked. "Hasn't Your Highness already done that too many times?"

 

"True... I'm so kind? Why can't I be like other royal demons? Am I the only defective one?"

 

"You're not! You shouldn't say that, my liege. You are a gift to this world!"

 

"A gift... Heh! If only I could believe it, Silvert."

 

"You should, Your Highness..." Silvert felt sad hearing it.

 

They went back to see where the bomb was located in the collar. Zeliker used his eye's ability to search the collar. Unfortunately, it was no use. Inside the collar have so many complicated wires and chips.

 

He felt frustrated. They can't stop or move on like this. They need someone who could tell them which was which. But, no one here can take the pressure from them.

 

"I'll help." Zeliker almost stopped his power when he heard the feminine voice.

 

"You?!"

 

Both Zeliker and Silvert eyes widened at a ghostly person next to them.

 

"Princess Stiria?!" Silvert gawked in disbelief.

 

They don't notice her presence at all. Since when did she stand there?

 

"Tell no one you see me like this, okay? No one else knows about it. Don't ask how either." She shushed them.

 

Both of them nodded in understanding. They shouldn't ask more because they were out of time. Stiria got close to the collar and was amazed by the void.

 

"He has dimensional abilities. So awesome!" She thought quietly.

 

Then she touched the collar. Silvert inhales a deep breath when her hand just passes through his dimensions.

 

What kind of ability is this?! Her power seems to be one of a kind too.

 

Zeliker narrowed his eyes on her. He was thinking the same thing. They stared at her, who slowly caressed Riseptos' collar.

 

"Oh, it seems to be here," Stiria told them.

 

She touched a small chip and pulled it out. Her action makes Zeliker and Silvert almost shout at her to be careful but then, they were stunned. The chip didn't detonate as they speculated and was easily pulled out by her small hand.

 

Why this bomb suddenly becomes obedient?! Is she more powerful than you?!

 

"Alright, Imma take this and experiment on it later. Don't tell anyone, okay?" She smiled at them sweetly and disappeared.

 

Zeliker and Silvert eyes didn't leave her until she was gone. They both slowly look at each other.

 

What the heck?!

0