Prologue
61 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My sister fell down with a thud in the wooden floor. She lets out a pained yell with her eyes widened in terror. I looked at her with disdain. I should be laughing at her right now, I should be feeling victorious, I should be happy. But the way she looks at me is making me feel like a monster. Making me feel that I'm different. Making me feel so angry. It's how they make me feel everyday so how is this different? 

"Why... Emeria?" She mumbles, her face twists into pain when she tried to stand but the pain in her ankle seems too much to bear. 

She's always the weakling. Always the victim. Always making me look bad. 

I clenched my hands into fists as I try to calm myself, not giving into the burning anger in my veins. But she's really trying to make me lash out at her, does she want me to? So she can tell our parents how abuse her? Should I just end her now? 

My parents immediately emerges as soon as they heard the loud noise followed by a man with silver hair. My mother rushes to my sister's side while my father's hand collided into my cheek with a resounding sound. The look of anger showing in his face yet it doesn't scare me nor surprised when he slapped me. Though this is the first that he physically hurt me. 

"Take Emery outside along with the guest. I'll discipline Emeria for a few minutes that she can't stand for days." He told my mother, shooing them out to the room. The man looks at me with a serious expression but there's hatred in his blue eyes. 

Hate at first sight huh? Can't say that's new. 

"Emeria," My father calls out to me as soon as they left shutting the door behind. "You've definitely shame our name today as words get out. You've ruined my image as soon as that man step into this room and you've ruined your sister's potential groom. I won't yell at you like I always do since you won't learn so I'll need to take a step further." He walks towards the shelf he always warned us not to touch nor to peek. As they expected of me shouldn't they more careful? I'm a devious child, I get easily tempted to forbidden things, easily seduced to the things that aren't mine especially if that's a person. 

A groom? Hmm. Let's see how long they'll last as long as I'm around. 

My father finally got what he wanted and that's the punishment collar which he always uses when the maids here disobeys, or sometimes mom but not from the same reason tho. They keep me awake at most nights because they're so loud, even though my sister doesn't openly complain I know that she heard them too. Can't they even more shameless? More disgusting? Using them at me while they already used it with some kinky shit they do. 

With a loud clasp, it's finally attached to me. It's a little heavy but it's still enough for me to breathe almost as if there's nothing clasping around my neck. My father's finger snaps into the air and produces something that controls this thing, how did I know? Because my collars glows as soon as he produced that controller thing. 

He sighs fiddling something into the controller, "It's making me sad to see you like this, Em, but this is for your own good too. You know my intentions right? You know why we always need to discipline you right?" 

When he pressed something in that controller I feel an immediate sharp pain on my neck, it's not that painful but it's enough to give me a shock. My father looks at me, and he pressed again but this time it's definitely stronger that I slumped into the ground, curling in pain and gasping for air. 

"It's not because you're different, it's not because of what you are. It's because of who you are, Em. You always bully your sister," He pressed again. "You always make her feel weak," Again. "You made her feel useless," Again. "Nothing." And again. 

My tears starts to swell up around my eyes making my eyesight blurry. I lay slumped on the floor when my father's shoes emerges in front of me. 

"Don't make me do this again. Or you'll suffer more than what you're suffering now."

As soon as he left the room, I forced myself to sit up straight still not letting my tears go. I bit my lip not to make a sound as another sharp pain appears when I tilt my head side to side. 

Just you wait. Just you fucking wait. I'll definitely won't forget what you did to me. I'll do it much much worse. I'll make you feel like you just want to erase your very existence. 

What are you going to do, Emeria? Plot something in your mind but too coward to execute? A voice whispers into my ears. I glance around the place but found no one. Oddly enough, it doesn't scare me. But thinking what it said definitely makes me feel more angrier than before. That's right. Remember that anger, that hatred inside you. Remember all the memories you have with them. Aren't you sad? That there's nothing to look at but pain? Always got yelled, always punished, and you're gonna always be your sister's shadow. When are you finally be seen? Be admired? Or would it better to be feared? 

I opened my mouth to answer but the door opening stops me. The man from earlier came inside with slow strides with his eyes staring at me. Or to be more truthful, glaring at me. 

Don't you feel sad about yourself when someone stares at you with so much hatred when you didn't do anything wrong? The voice appears again. I look around again but still found nothing. My eyes meets the glaring blue pairs and it seems that I'm the only one who can hear it. 

"It disgusts me to see you still alive and unbruised but it feels my heart with satisfaction to see you kneeling infront of me." He says with a monotone voice but there's a slight smirk on his face. 

"W-what did I ever do to you?" I managed to squeak out. 

You're so pitiful. Do you ever love yourself? Have some self-respect? I winced at its angry tone. 

The man laughs silently, then slowly bends down to my level, grabbing my jaw in a tight grip. "I don't like you. I don't like your family. I hate everything that connects with you, except for one. Your sister." 

Ah. Your sister. She's making it all hard you. She's making you a villain and her a damsel in distress. It's all her fault. 

It's all her fault. My mind says as I was convinced by the voice. 

"I can't wait to get her out off this hell and when I do, don't expect to see tomorrow."

Are you gonna let this happen? Are you just gonna let them trample you? Are you gonna fight back or crawl in your doghouse?

I don't want any of this. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I want to live with no one degrading me. I want to see them suffer

That's a good attitude. You're slowly learning, Emeria. Fortunately for you, I can help you but for this to work... We have to become one. 

"What do you say? Is it too easy for you? Too painless? Should I make it hard for you? Make you scream?" His face inches closer to mine, making me see his eyes clearly and there I saw my reflection, my pathetic face. Pitiful. Scared. "Or should I make you useful? You're not bad-looking, though you need some lesson about submission."

Please help me... 

After I think about those words the lights went out, before I know I was thrown back to floor with an invisible force. The man that was gripping my jaw was thrown distance away from me. Our eyes widened in terror when a dark mist is forming on the center. Red eyes met mine. 

"Did I scare you, my dear?" The voice laughs that gave me chills on my back. Slowly the mist disperse and there stand a man with blazing red hair, smirking down at me. He offers his hand to me, urging me to accept. "Don't worry. Becoming one isn't painful or weird like everyone was trying to portray. We only need to physically touch then tadah. You're mine and I shall be yours."

My sister's groom slowly stands, holding his dislocated arm. He looks at me with pure fury, then a bright white light appears on his hand preparing to attack us. "How dare you summon a demon?!"

My attention was taken back from the demon when he simply laughs. Even though he's laughing, I can see the seriousness in his red eyes. "What do you say? Let's kill him first?"

With nothing to think or reconsider, I steeled my courage and block everything that might change my mind and lay my hand on his. 

It was quick. Very quick. The red light quickly engulfs us, then nothing. 

3