53. To Kill a Noble (Part 12)
190 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tullian yelled out to their friends, “Hey! We finally found you guys!” He’d broken out into a full-on sprint.

Amy’s spirits blossomed. The joy on her face was almost unbelievable, “Tullian! Come sit here!” She indicated the seat next to her, which she’d conveniently kept free. Lina sat on her other side, while Sin sat on the opposite side of the table.

Tullian jumped onto the seat, causing the table to tilt for a moment before dropping back down onto the floor, “Oops. Sorry about that!” He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

Amy shook her head, “I like that you’re so happy to sit with us all!”

Rai walked over slowly. Sin said nothing.

He sat beside her in the empty seat. She still didn’t say a word. Ah. Ahahaha. She didn’t get over it. Rai held in his laughter.

Tullian tilted his head, “Sindyl! Are you alright?”

Sin squealed. She nodded fervently. “Mhm.”

Rai laughed, “I didn’t think teasing you like that would do this. C’mon, forget about it.” He patted her head, messing with her hair.

Amy and Lina braced themselves. If anyone else were to do such a thing, Sin would’ve flipped. In fact, the twins had seen it happen once before. A noble boy trying to flirt with her attempted to pat her head just like that. They couldn’t quite fathom why he thought a head pat was going to get him in Sin’s good books. By that point, it was clear that Sin was already getting tired of his antics. But when he reached for her head... A demon was released. She kicked him in his private parts. Neither Lina nor Amy knew just how painful that was, but they expected that it must have hurt a hell of a lot.

But now, Sin was accepting Rai’s hand on her head. Just like that.

Amy in particular watched on in awe as Sin’s nervousness melted away as Rai fondled with her hair.

Sin didn’t want it to end. When Rai pulled his hand back, she pouted at him, “Do that more often.”

Rai stared blankly at her, “What are you, a cat?”

Sin’s eyes were pleading. She sarcastically put on the cutest face that she could muster, “Please?”

Even Tullian was blushing now. He’d never seen the Princess act like this with anyone else. The only thing he knew was that she beat up everyone that tried to flirt with her. Tullian wasn’t the smartest tool in the shed, but he felt like this was some kind of flirting. Who knew that the Princess would be the one to make that advance.

Needless to say, he completely misread the situation, just like everyone else at the table.

Rai stared at her, deadpan, “What’s that expression meant to be? You look like a frog.”

Sin burst out in laughter, “You finally learned how to do it, the deadpan! That’s too fucking funny. Wow, I’m impressed.”

Rai continued to stare at her, bewildered, “But I didn’t ev-”

Sin waved his words away, “Don’t worry, you’re just a genius I know.” He blushed a little. It’s working. “Just make sure you give me more headpats like that one earlier, okay?”

Rai gave up, “... Yeah... Sure.”

Victory! Sin turned to face away from Rai and stealthily fist pumped the air. It was so stealthy that everyone saw it.

Rai pointed at his tray, “I’m... I’m gonna eat now.”

Sin smiled at him, “Me too!” Her mood was clearly much brighter. It reminded Rai of when him and Sin were kids.

Tullian watched the two of them throughout the whole thing. The entire time, he had no idea what was happening, “What just-”

Amy prodded his arm. He turned to her. She was pointing at her head, “You do that to me too!”

Tullian was so surprised that he jumped out of his seat. “HUH?!”

Sin stared at him, “What’s gotten into you?”

Tullian pointed at himself, “Me?! Nothing makes sense right now!”

Sin indicated for him to sit back down, “Maybe some food will sort that brain of yours out.”

Tullian sulked. He ignored Amy and listened to the teacher, “Yes ma’am.” After a few spoonfuls of lizard tail soup, his worries washed away.

Amy wasn’t all too happy, but she figured that she’d have another opportunity soon.

Lina was reading a book the entire time. Or she wanted people to think that she was reading a book. The whole time that Rai and Sin were acting silly with each other, she listened on. She wasn’t necessarily jealous of them, but she wanted something like that for herself. The same kind of companionship that Rai and Sin shared. Lina envied that part of their relationship.

A loud voice came from behind her, “Hey, you! Weakling fucker! Robespierre wants to talk to you after lunch. Go after you’ve eaten, ass clown!” Lina, Amy, and Tullian, all turned around to see a boy with piercings all over his face. There were two in his lips, two on one eyebrow, and a nose ring. His ears were also pierced, and his earrings were very spiky. He had wavy brown hair and bright red eyes. Though, his eyes were different to Sin’s. His were far more... feral.

Lina’s heart skipped a beat.

Rai looked up at the source of the voice. Upon seeing its source, he sighed, “Alright, see you later Feris.”

Feris scoffed, “Fuckin’ piss-ants. Make yourselves useful. If you’re gonna walk on my turf, then get stronger!”

Rai didn’t quite care for Feris’s manner, but he was too confused to think about it, “What are you going on about now Feris?”

Feris glared at him, “The Archaeology society, dumbfuck! You’re all gonna join? You’re too weak to even think about entering ruins right now.” He scrunched up his hair, “Gah! It’s pissing me off just being here, I’m leaving.”

Lina stared at him with her mouth agape. Feris noticed. “The fuck you starin’ at? Trynna catch flies?”

Lina spoke like she was in a daze, “You’re... so cool.”

Huh?

Everyone had the same thought.

Feris was so caught off guard that he blushed, ever so slightly, “Whatever. I’m gone.” He turned around and left.

Lina turned back to the table. Everyone was staring at her. Immediately, she turned red. Her arms flailed around as she tried to swat away the attention. It wasn’t working, but it still made her feel a bit better.

Sin smiled, “You’re growing.”

Lina stopped flailing, “Huh?”

Rai nodded, “Good job!”

Lina tilted her head at them, “Huh?”

Amy patted her on the back, “You got this!”

Lina was more confused now than ever before. “HUH?!”

Tullian had no clue what was going on with his friends, but he sounded worried, “He was strong. Really strong.” The attention shifted towards Tullian. Lina felt relieved.

Rai readied a spoonful of soup, “How can you tell?” He flew the spoon like a bird into his mouth.

Tullian crossed his arms and shook his head, “I don’t know, but his aura is like yours.”

Rai blinked at him with the spoon still in his mouth, “Hmph? Wike miwe? Auwa?”

Sin pinched him, “Don’t talk with your mouth full, bumpkin.”

Tullian nodded, “You all have unique auras. Yours is cold, regal, and electric. Sindyl's is raw and powerful, while also mysterious and sufffocating. Amy's is warm, loving, and caring. Lina's is almost metallic and sweet at the same time. His is more... Feral, wild, and volatile." Tullian’s hawk-like green eyes gave away the apprehension he felt at Feris’s presence.

Sin was surprised. She didn't know that Tullian had that kind of sixth sense. He could tell what someone's powers were just from looking at them and feeling the primal energies that they gave off. She recalled the stories she'd heard about the beastmen, and Tullian very much embodied the traits and powers of the beastmen.

Rai took the spoon out of his mouth, then smiled at Tullian, “I’m stronger.”

Tullian laughed nervously, “Yeah... I can’t tell. You, Sindyl, and him are all at a much higher level, I can’t tell who’s stronger.”

Rai dropped the smile, “I’m telling you, I’m stronger.”

Sin noticed Rai’s presence growing uncomfortable for the others. She smirked, “Me too.”

Tullian gulped. In front of him were two monsters, and they were destined to deal with a third.

Sin pulled a napkin out of her spatial storage. She pulled Rai close and wiped a small piece of lizard tail from the side of his lips. She whispered to him, “Calm down.”

Rai’s eyes widened for a moment. His expression flattened, “Sorry.” He whispered to her in return.

The twins were surprised that Sin pulled Rai in like that. Tullian wasn’t expecting it either.

Sin let Rai go. The air became lighter. Rai giggled at Tullian, “You nearly wet your pants when he was here, didn’t you?”

Sin rolled her eyes.

Tullian’s eyes widened, “Did not! I’d fight him in a heartbeat, just like you!”

They both started laughing at each other.

Amy got ready to start eating, “Who was that guy?”

Rai looked at Sin, who was now focusing on her food. He turned back to Amy and answered, “He’s Feris. Me and Sin saw him earlier today in the headmaster’s classroom, but we don’t really know much about him.”

Amy nodded, “I see, I see.” She nearly choked on her food, “Wait, you two were in the headmaster’s room?”

Sin tilted her head at Amy, “Yeah? He’s our mentor so we had our session earlier with him.”

Everyone was surprised.

Rai stared at Sin, “Didn’t you tell them?”

Sin pondered for a moment, “Oh. Whoops. I forgot.”

Tullian stared at her, “You forgot something like that?”

Sin’s face grew hotter, “I... I’m sorry. I was super busy focusing on my own growth and Rai and the lessons and all of that stuff.”

Tullian grinned, “Haha! Don’t worry about it. I’m just messin’. It's pretty cool!” The others agreed with his sentiment. They chose not to give Sin any more grief over it.

Sin sighed. She recollected herself, then poked Rai, “Don’t forget to see the headmaster after you eat.”

Rai heeded her words, and promptly devoured his lizard tail soup in seconds.

Sin wasn’t surprised, given that she’d seen him eat meat even faster than that before. Still, that wasn’t what she meant, “I said after you eat, dumbass.” Rai smiled at her in response. Amy was in awe. She’d never seen anyone eat a meal so fast before.

Rai belched. Sin waved the lizard smelling air away, “Gross. Get going now.” The others giggled.

Rai giggled alongside the others, then nodded, “I’ll see you at the next lesson! Don’t forget we’ve gotta go to that place after school today, the one you mentioned this morning!”

Sin’s eyes widened, then she smiled at Rai with a little bounce in her seat, “Yep! I can’t wait.”

Rai heard Sin talk to the others about the plans as he was leaving.

I wonder what the headmaster wants now. We spoke not too long ago, so I hope it’s nothing so serious that it couldn’t wait.


Tick. Tick. Tick.

The clock was turning, and the tension was rising. The three figures in the room waited and waited. “Where is he!”

Rodrick tried to calm the aggravated man down, “He’ll be here, please be patient. It’s lunch and the students only just started getting their food.”

The man growled, “I’ll wait as long as I have to.”

Rodrick sighed. I wonder how he’ll deal with this now. To kill a noble, what a dreary fate.

7