63. A Brief Respite (Part 6)
159 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Songstress was beautiful. Kallad already knew that having seen her before. But clearly his workers were losing themselves in her beauty. How can they keep losing? We already ban the use of mana in the casino, so did they just become idiots as soon as they looked at her? Kallad looked at her. She’s not even dressed as erotically as the other members of her envoy so what in the fuck!

He was growing more frustrated by the second.

The Songstress’s voice could sooth any raging beast to do her bidding. She sounded silky smooth as she spoke, “Come now, you just have to draw the right card and you’ll win. Surely you can do that much as a man with that much... meat on you.”

Kallad facepalmed. They’re getting played. She’s literally using the same tactics that we’d use, as well as seducing them. I can’t believe this.

Kallad placed his hand on her shoulder. She jumped, breaking out of her concentration on the game and employee in front of her. Kallad sighed, “I believe we have a meeting scheduled, ma’am.”

The Songstress stared at him, then her eyes widened. She checked a device on her wrist, then returned to stare at him. “Oops. The time must’ve passed me by.” She chuckled nervously.

Kallad shook his head, “It’s fine. Come, let’s get started.” He aided her up from her seat.

The Songstress covered her mouth in the same way a shocked person would, “Oh my! Such a gentleman.”

Kallad’s eyebrow twitched. He could tell that he was being mocked by her, but with all these people around he couldn’t exactly do anything he normally would about it.

Kallad turned to the crowd, “Clear out.”

Some people didn’t know what he meant, but they followed the rest of the crowd when they dispersed.

The Songstress dropped the act once the room was emptied, “My dear, you couldn’t allow me the fleeting satisfaction of teasing you in front of all of them?”

Kallad put on an act to cover his torrid day, “I’d prefer you had me all to yourself, Salacia.”

Salacia grinned, “Very well. Take me. Let’s get this meeting underway, then we can have some... more enjoyable fun.”

Finally. Kallad smiled, then held out his hand to escort the lady, “Please, follow me.”

Salacia took Kallad’s hand and accepted his guidance.

Kallad and Salacia walked through the pathway laid out for them by his agents. A living wall separated them from the riff-raff, and they were able to walk through to the VIP reception area without any difficulties.

Upon reaching the room, the Songstress greeted her envoy. They’d travelled separately, but they would stay on the same floor together once all of the paperwork was sorted. The envoy, for the most part, bowed for their Aspect. They didn’t seem to be nobles or anything of the sort, but the confidants and bed-warmers that the Songstress hand-picked herself. She personally met, held, and kissed every one of them.

Kallad couldn’t understand it. I get that it’s their culture, but this is just too much. She sleeps with all of these people? Every single one? How does she have the energy? Kallad watched the Songstress’s aquamarine hair flow like water in the air as she moved from person to person. Her iridescent eyes captivated every single person from within her envoy. In a way, he was impressed.

Even Naam couldn’t stand it. She went into the back room after the fourth person and stopped herself from puking. Naam hadn’t seduced anyone in year at least, and she found herself preferring this lifestyle. To see just how involved the Songstress was with her people was... disturbing to her.

After a few minutes, Salacia returned to Kallad, “I’ve met my people. Please, guide me.”

Kallad smiled through the mask that he put on, “Of course, my dear.”

Kallad led her into the waiting door of the lift, then pushed the top button. The doors closed.

Salacia turned to Kallad, “This meeting better be short. I’m all worked up.”

Kallad saw beads of sweat on the Songstress’s forehead. He could tell that her heartrate was high from her shorter breaths, “For someone who sleeps with so many, it seems your endurance needs some work.”

Salacia dropped her act completely, “Kallad. I want to fuck. Please can we fuck.”

Kallad stared at her with a blank expression. What the fuck? No foreplay? Just this forward, straight up? He sighed.

She looked flustered, “Do you not want me? After so many years, I thought you’d be re-”

Kallad gestured with his hand for her to stop, “I very much do want you. But we are Aspects. This isn’t just a casual meeting between bed-warmers. We have work to do first, then we can have fun once we’re done.” As much as Kallad wanted to go straight into enjoying himself, the meeting he had scheduled wasn’t a joke.

Salacia looked like she wanted to cry, but she understood that their duty came first. She took a few breaths, “I see. I’m sorry for being disrespectful about your time. Let’s get through this meeting, then fuck like there’s no tomorrow.”

Kallad grinned, “That’s the spirit.”

After a moment, the door opened. Kallad led Salacia through the hall, and into the only door there.

Salacia looked around in awe, “This is beautiful.” She turned around to Kallad, “Is this your home here?”

Kallad nodded, “This is my penthouse. I’m currently renting it out to a couple, but they’re not here today so I figured it would make for a great meeting spot.” They won’t be back home early right? Right?

Salacia covered her mouth again, “How naughty!” Her eyes found their way to the table with food and treats... and a bottle of vintage diamond wine with two empty wine glasses beside it. “Kallad! Is that...?”

Kallad smiled, “It is. Allow me.” He walked over to the table and carefully poured the wine into the glasses. Kallad placed the bottle down, then brought both glasses to the Songstress. He handed her one, then raised his own towards her, “Glory to the clan of Songs.” He smiled.

Salacia smiled in return. She raised her glass up to his, “Glory to the clan of Deception.”

Clink.

They both drank.

Salacia finished her glass first, “Pwaahh! That was incredible!”

Kallad finished his soon after, “Indeed. I suppose this is your favourite beverage?”

Salacia smiled and nodded, causing her... assets to bounce, “Diamond wine is hard to come by on the Isle of Chimes. To find such a rare variant too... If you don’t mind me asking, how much did this cost you?”

Kallad grinned, “A man never tells his secrets.”

Salacia pouted, “Kallaaaaaddd... I’ll buy this off you.”

His eyes widened, “Oh? How much would the lady be willing to part with?”

Salacia pondered for a moment. She put her index finger up towards Kallad.

Kallad eyed it quizzically, “One?”

Salacia announced triumphantly, “One hundred platinum pieces!”

Kallad’s mental jaw dropped to the mental floor. It’s worth that much?! “I see.” He placed his finger on his chin in a thoughtful manner. There’s no way it’s worth that much. I found this in an auction and got it for ten, but she said it’s a rare variant? Maybe the auction runners didn’t know about that...

Salacia waited impatiently. Does he want more? I’ll happily give him more. I’d even give him my body for this, but I’m already going to do that so I can’t exactly offer it again.

Kallad whispered under his breath just enough for her to hear, “It’s a hard bargain...”

Salacia blurted out, “One hundred and fifty platinum pieces!”

Kallad was internally screaming. “Deal.”

Salacia felt only relief. Bottles like this would often sell for multiple hundreds of platinum pieces, but Kallad must have given her a discount because they were fellow Aspects. I really should repay him properly; he must’ve made a loss on this. Salacia thought of ways that she could feasibly pay Kallad back. This was a huge addition to her collection. At the very least, she’d never forget this favour.

Kallad internally fist pumped. Score! Here I thought I’d lost ten platinum pieces, but to get this much back from it is just incredible! I should really pay her back properly for this. She must’ve overpaid for some reason or another.

Kallad cleared his throat, “We can sort out the details later, for now I’ll keep the wine in my personal storage. Is that alright?”

Salacia nodded, “Fine with me!”

Kallad snapped his fingers, wisping the bottle of wine away into nothingness. He stored it in his spatial storage trinket. He gestured towards the table with food on it, “Shall we begin our meeting?”

Salacia grinned, “Yes, let us get through it as fast as we can.”

Kallad could feel the hunger drifting off of Salacia’s mostly exposed body. This is going to be a loooong night.

He looked forward to it.

Hi all! If you're enjoying the story and want to support me then feel free to do so on Patreon!

Patreon is 10 chapters ahead of what's releasing here so if you also want to read ahead then you can do so over there!

https://www.patreon.com/Vertrixx

5