65. A Brief Respite (Part 8)
200 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sin thought that she would’ve freaked out. Her heart rate was through the roof before she made the move but right now... she was happy. Rai’s lips were soft against hers. Sin held the sides of his head in both hands as she savoured the moment.

Rai emphatically returned the kiss. He gently cradled Sin’s jaw in his hands as he made it clear. Rai wanted this just as much as Sin did. The scent of roses only made Rai happier than he ever thought he could be in this moment.

Sin softly released Rai’s lips from her own.

An eternity passed by.

They expressed themselves with their softened eyes as they looked into the window of the other’s soul.

It was not lust in either of their eyes. It was the love and care that they had for each other that brought this moment forward. Even though neither Rai nor Sin could identify it as such, they were both sure of one thing.

Rai smiled, “What do we do now?”

Sin smiled back, “I’m not sure.”

Neither of them had any clue about what to do next. This was the one thing that they both had absolute surety about.

They giggled.

Rai grinned, “We should probably sit up first.”

Sin blushed. She knew that she was on top of Rai, but the implication of being in such a position had only just hit her. As much as her experience of love was lacking, she’d heard some of the workers of the Secret talking to each other about whether they liked to be ‘on top or on the bottom’. Sin was sure it had something to do with romance, but that was the extent of her knowledge.

Rai stared at her, “Sin, can you get off of me please?”

Sin was still sat on Rai’s torso. She took a deep breath before readying herself, “Sorry. I forgot that I jumped on you.” She giggled.

Sin stood up, which shouldn’t have been so difficult, but she managed it.

Rai got up as well. He felt a wet patch on his torso through his shirt, right where Sin was sitting.

Sin noticed it as well.

Her initial emotional reaction was panic, but given what had just happened... Rai wouldn’t be so immature to make fun of me for that. I should... just explain it when he asks me. Regardless of what she thought, her face was as red as a tomato.

Rai tilted his head, “Sin, what’s...?”

Sin stared at the floor while shaking her head, she spoke quietly, “It... it... hoo.” Sin took multiple deep breaths, “That... wet-t-tness... it’s something that m-my body p-produces when...” She took another deep breath as she clenched her fist tight. Rai listened patiently, “W-when w-w-we k-kissed... I think I got r-really excited. So it came out of m-my-...” Sin was silent for a moment. Then she sobbed. She cried quiet tears. Sin didn’t want to cry right now, but she felt so embarrassed. Even though she had faith in Rai being mature and understanding, it was too hard for her to talk about this at the moment.

Rai slowly pulled her in and hugged her. Rai noticed that Sin’s body was shaking, and somewhat limp. He whispered, “It means you were happy right? I get that it’s more than that, and that I don’t really understand it or how your body works... but if what you’re saying is that you were happy then you don’t have to explain it right now. You don’t have to hurt yourself to explain anything to me.” Rai knew nothing about the female body. As much as he wanted to know what happened... even moreso he didn’t want Sin to feel like this. He wanted her to be comfortable telling him about anything, and if that required more time then he would wait. Rai would happily wait for Sin to be ready.

Sin nodded into his chest.

Rai rubbed the back of her head, which was incredibly hot, “Remember. I’m here for you, always.”

Sin was so overwhelmed that she didn’t know what to do. Still, there was one thing that kept her comfortable right now, “C-can... we stay like t-this. Just for a l-little bit.”

Rai nodded; the motion of which Sin could feel on the top of her head.

Sin held Rai tight. They’d hugged before, but this was so much warmer than any other embrace the two of them had shared before.

Rai wanted more than anything to be there for the people he loved. He wanted to support them and protect them. Right now, he was learning what it felt like to desire more than just to support and protect the people around you. He was starting to learn just how much Sin really meant to him.

An eternity. Rai and Sin remained in each other’s embrace for an eternity.

After about two minutes, Sin was calmer and ready to let go. Her desires kept telling her to stay. To stay in Rai’s embrace forever. But there was more to her life than that. Sin’s life was not to be dictated by such instinctive desires. But at the same time, Sin was more than happy to be partners with Rai.

Rai felt the same. It wasn’t fair to either one of them if they were to only focus on each other and nothing else. Still, Rai was happy to be partners with Sin.

He sighed softly, “Let’s sit on the couch for a bit. We should probably figure out how to tell the others.”

Sin nodded as she slowly let him go, “That’s a good idea.”

Rai felt sweaty, and didn’t realise just how hot he’d been with Sin’s body heat all over him.

The same applied to Sin. Rai’s body was hot on hers as she held her embrace with him.

Neither of them cared very much. They walked together to the table with the food and treats then sat down on the couch beside one another.

Sin blushed a touch, “I just want to make sure... we’re together now, right? I’m yours and you’re mine?” Sin’s heart skipped a beat. She knew that Rai felt the same way as her, but her anxiety always threw a wrench in the works.

Rai smiled at her, “I’m yours. You’re mine. We’re officially partners now.”

Sin’s heart rate spiked at Rai’s words. He’s so beautiful. And now... he’s all mine... Oh this is going to be so much fun! Thoughts of putting a bunch of makeup on Rai’s face swirled around Sin’s mind.

Rai felt a shiver down his spine. He turned to see a mischievous grin form on Sin’s face.

Sin put aside her desire to put makeup on Rai, and her desire to braid his hair, and her desire to dress him up, and... all of the other desires, “How do we tell the others?”

Rai leaned back on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. There wasn’t anything particularly interesting up there, but he found himself doing this sometimes whenever he actually thought about stuff. “Hmm.” He looked at Sin, “I think... Wow.” Rai, for the first time probably ever, actually looked at Sin like a woman. He blushed. She wore a loose white blouse that was a little crinkled, and short black tights that stopped near the top of her thighs. The twin suns’ light on the horizon shone off the thin layer of sweat that was all over her. She’s... so beautiful. Sin wasn’t as well-endowed as Amy or Lisa, but she wasn’t exactly lacking in any areas. And her frame was lean and athletic. Rai had never really thought about what attracted him in a woman, but Sin was perfect.

Sin tilted her head, “You alright? You just stopped in the middle of speaking.”

Rai smiled at her, “You’re just so beautiful.”

Sin stared back at him, deadpan, “Yeah, I know that... So are you but that’s not the point. We’ll have time to admire each other later, but we have to figure out how we’re gonna tell the others.”

She was right. Rai had to focus now.

Rai put a finger on his jaw thoughtfully, “Maybe we don’t have to?”

Sin shook her head, “I really don’t want to leave them out of the loop with this. Especially if we’re going to go on expeditions with the archaeology society and me and you are going to share tents together.”

Rai blushed. We’re going to share tents? Does that mean we’re going to sleep in the same bed now as well?

Sin could practically read his mind, “I’m... not ready for that yet. The tents is just because... it’s temporary, right? So it’ll...”

Rai laughed, “Don’t worry, you don’t have to explain. If it’s about your comfort then I won’t question it.” He grinned, “What would happen if the nobles found out?”

Sin’s eyes widened, “I... I don’t want to keep it a secret. Fuck the nobles. Most of them can rot in a hole for all I care.”

Rai giggled, “You really hate them don’t you?”

Sin’s eyebrows furrowed, “I don’t hate all of them... just most of them. The ones that are bad are a cancer to our world. You don’t know what it was like, having to watch all of these old men and women discuss how cheap they bought their latest slaves for. Or how much money they spent on kicking people out of their homes to make a ‘holiday home’ for themselves...”

Rai listened as Sin vented her frustrations.

“... I hated those Underworld Balls because all of those noble families would send their snot-nosed bratty sons to try and court me for their own political gain. I’m not some tool to be handed around and used for a stupid noble family’s benefit! I fucking hate the nobility and all they stand for. They don’t do anything to help average people, and it shows in how out of touch with the world they are. Fucking shit!” Sin panted. She didn’t realise that she’d gone off on a tangent, but letting out her frustrations was relieving. “But my dad... he did the best that he could. I went to those things because I didn’t want him to be alone after mum died. He must’ve hated me for it, because I cried whenever we went home after one of them. He did so much to try and help, but it didn’t change much. I’ll always say it, I fucking hate the nobility.” Sin took in a massively deep breath. Then she exhaled heavily.

Rai was holding her hand. She didn’t realise it while she spoke, but he was patiently listening to her, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go off on one like that, but I’m passionate about it.”

Rai shook his head, “Don’t apologise. I like seeing your fiery side like this.” He winked.

Sin giggled, then leaned back on the couch and sighed, “What were we talking about?”

Rai did the same alongside her, “How to tell our friends that we’re together now.”

Sin snapped back to reality, “Hmm. Maybe we just kiss in front of them?”

Rai blushed, “That’s a little evil, no? I’m pretty sure Amy’s into Tullian and that wouldn’t be very kind to her.”

Sin turned her head on its side to face Rai, who was already looking at her, “Really? Are you sure? I didn’t notice... What about Lina?”

Rai nodded softly. He shuffled his body so he could lean against the back of the couch while also comfortably looking at Sin. She copied him, “I think so at least. She looks at him with... hungry eyes...”

Rai and Sin shivered. The all-too-fresh memory of the Songstress stung their minds.

Rai continued, “... As for Lina, I’m not sure. I think she’s interested in Feris, but that guy is such a ball of flames that she could’ve also been scared of him.”

Sin chuckled, “He’s so weird, but he’s also pretty funny.”

Rai nodded, “Okay. So come on, let’s come up with an actual plan.”

Sin put on a cheeky grin, “Maybe... we should help them. Amy and Tullian... let’s get them alone together, and then they’ll kiss like we did and it’ll all work out!”

Rai stared blankly at her, “Are you me? That sounds like the dumbest plan ever. It also doesn’t solve the problem.”

Sin frowned, “Well, I don’t see you coming up with any ideas.”

Rai smiled, “Why don’t we just tell them?”

Sin stared at him, “Huh? No no no, it cannot be that easy.”

Rai shrugged, “We might be making a much bigger deal out of this than it needs to be.”

Sin thought about it for a moment, “You’re probably right... but we can still do the matching thing right? It would be so satisfying to see them kiss.”

Rai facepalmed. She’s really just like me. He smiled sarcastically at her, “You’re funny. We’re doing it my way this time.”

Sin nodded in defeat, “Yes sir.”

Rai stretched, then moaned in relief after he finished his stretch, “Oh! Did you learn telekinesis?”

Sin giddily nodded, but when she thought back to the aftermath of her display... she cringed. “I did... but I made a mess.” She smiled, “I’ll show you tomorrow. I’m really tired now, so I want to sleep.” Sin was exhausted. So much had happened today that she just wanted her bed right now.

Rai concurred, “I feel the exact same way. Today was so tiring. Still...” He smiled at her, “I’m yours.” Rai leaned in.

Sin’s heart felt... warm? She couldn’t handle any more emotional overwhelming for the day, but this was more comfortable than what she’d expected. Sin leaned in.

They kissed.

Rai smiled at her, “I’ll see you tomorrow. Sleep well.”

Sin stared at him as he walked away. He’s so fucking hot. Rai wore his loose black hakama that exposed the side of his torso and his arms. He didn’t have a really muscly build like Tullian, but his body was lean and athletic. ‘Hngh’. Sin moaned by accident.

Rai turned around, “Did you say something?” He called out from the kitchen.

Sin wildly shook her head, “... Just saying goodnight!”

Rai smiled at her, “Goodnight!”

Sin waited for Rai to enter his room.

Click.

The door shut.

Sin let out a relieving sigh. She stood up, when she felt a moistness in her shorts. Oh no. Why again! Fuck...

Sin quietly whispered, “Lilly.”

Lilly appeared beside Sin with a wisp of black mana. “M’lady. How may I be of service?”

Sin shook her head. She stared at the ground, then pointed to the couch behind her, “Is it...”

Lilly nodded, “It is.”

Sin shed a tear, “Can you clean it please? I...”

Lilly smiled softly, “You’re growing up, aren’t you m’lady.”

Sin didn’t reply.

Lilly held both of Sin’s shoulders, “Sindyl. You’re a growing lady. This is normal... Especially if it’s because of that boy, I would be surprised if this wasn’t how your body reacted.” She snapped her fingers, “The stain is gone.”

Sin timidly held onto Lilly’s uniform as tears rolled down her face, “How are you not embarrassed?”

Lilly smiled at her, “Because, my dear, sexual attraction isn’t something to be embarrassed about.”

Sin sniffled, “What’s... Can you... teach me?”

Lilly raised an eyebrow, “About what exactly?”

Sin wiped her tears with her arm, “Sex. I know from my tutors about how the male and female body react to stimuli... but I’ve never learned about sex.”

Lilly knew that this day would come. Without her mother here to teach her, someone would have had to tell Sin about sex and healthy ways to implement it into her life.

Lilly didn’t physically react, “Very well. I’ll begin by explaining what mastu-”

Sin shook her head and raised her hand, gesturing for Lilly to stop, “Not here. In my room please. I don’t want Rai to overhear us.”

Lilly nodded, “Understood.” Lilly could never replace Sin’s mother, but she adopted a mother-like position in Sin’s life. She tried to support Sin in everything she did. Whether she approved of it or not, it wasn’t Lilly’s place to dictate Sin’s decisions.

The two of them went to Sin’s room, and Sin went through sexual education.

Rai’s first day back at school was over, and the second was to follow. Somehow, he’d managed to survive. He jumped onto his bed, and rolled onto his back to look at the ceiling. Rai smiled the widest smile he could muster. He grabbed a pillow and squeezed it as he squealed to himself while rolling sideways constantly.

I kissed Sin! It felt so natural, like we’d both been wanting to be more... intimate with each other. She’s so beautiful too... Rai thought back to the practically see-through silk dresses worn by the women in the Songstress’s envoy. What if Sin...

Rai began to feel something building up in his lower body. It was a feeling that he’d never felt before. Given that it was something that he didn’t understand, he figured that the best option was to research it. Just like a magical concept that he couldn’t figure out. The feeling alleviated itself as Rai’s thoughts drifted into nothingness.

As he fell asleep, Rai hoped that his second day back would be calmer than the first.

Hi all! If you're enjoying the story and want to support me then feel free to do so on Patreon!

Patreon is 10 chapters ahead of what's releasing here so if you also want to read ahead then you can do so over there!

https://www.patreon.com/Vertrixx

6