66. A Night of Sin (Part 1)
178 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sin found herself unable to sleep.

The thoughts of all of the things that Lilly taught her before going to bed were bumping around in her mind and stopped her from getting any rest. Instead of simply letting it be, Sin decided to use her time productively.

It was midnight, and Sin had snuck out of her bedroom into the open plan main room. She wore a comfy onesie that resembled a bunny, with a fluffy pompom on her lower back that resembled the bunny’s tail, to sleep in. She also wore a nightcap that had a cute fluffy bobble on its pointed end. Even though her feet were covered by the sleeping outfit, she wore slippers as well. The penthouse was dark, with only the moonlight seeping in through the blinds to illuminate it.

Quiet.

Sin stood, silent and unmoving at the bottom of the stairs to her room.

Rai’s door was slightly open. He was breathing, quietly. She thought that he must be in a deep sleep. It’s such a relief that he doesn’t snore. Sin covered her mouth as she giggled to herself.

She quietly tiptoed her way to the exit. Sin was quite proud that she was able to do so, considering how difficult it was to tiptoe in slippers.

Sin summoned a small wind vacuum around the handle as she opened it. The door opened silently. The light from the hallway was bright, and it made its way into the penthouse as Sin opened the door.

She stepped out and maintained the vacuum around the handle as she closed the door.

Mr. Guard was nowhere to be seen. Sin gathered that he must’ve been off-duty at this time. She quietly shuffled her way to the lift. The last thing that Sin wanted right now was to wake Rai up. Until she got in the lift and designated a floor to travel to, she would avoid any possible risks. She pushed the button.

The whirring mechanism behind the doors began working. It wasn’t loud, but it wasn’t exactly quiet either. Sin’s jaw was clenched the entire time. She summoned a screen that effectively placed a vacuum around the lift door.

Now it was quiet.

Phew.

Sin waited a moment.

A muffled ding sound came through the screen. The door to the lift opened. Sin made a Sin-shaped hole in the screen for her to walk through. She patched the hole as she stood in the lift. While maintaining the barrier, she talked to herself, “Where should I go? Maybe I should check out the lobby and see if there’s anything fun going on.”

Sin straightened her nightcap, and squeezed the fluffy bobble twice. She pushed the button for the lift to take her to the lobby while maintaining the vacuum screen.

The doors shut, and she heard a ding. The whirring mechanism started its working again. The sensation of moving downwards wasn’t all that unfamiliar to Sin, but it still surprised her whenever it began.

Her connection to the vacuum screen was fading. That’ll just have to do. Hopefully he doesn’t wake up.

Sin released the spell before she was forcefully separated from it.

Not too many thoughts were hopping around her mind. Even though the day that she’d just gone through was more overwhelming than she’d bargained for, Sin was excited about her future. I kissed Rai... She squealed and did a happy little jig in the lift. And that new spell! What did I call it? I don’t remember... But it was so awesome! She did a twirl on one foot. Sin smiled. She was so happy that she could cry.

But still, sleep evaded her so this would be the next best option. She would tire herself out, and then go to bed. Sin looked at her hands, and the little flaps that were part of her onesie. Human hands or bunny paws... what would be best?

Her decision would have to wait.

There was a ding. The lift door opened.

Sin was assaulted by a cacophony of scents. There were multiple sweet scents, while there were also some musky ones. Sin looked into the receptionist area to find it... empty? The Secret was normally operational at this time of night, but as Sin looked around she found almost no one.

Naam looked over at her from the desk, “That’s a cute outfit you got there Princess.”

Sin internally groaned, then walked over to Naam, “Thanks. Where is everyone?”

Naam held her hand up near her face, and looked over her nails, “Secret’s closed for the night because of the clan of Songs. I’m still on duty for an hour though. Just been sat here, alone.”

Sin frowned. Well that throws a wrench in the works. How am I supposed to tire myself out if there’s no one here?

Naam noticed her frown, “Why are you down here this late? Don’t you have school tomorrow?”

Sin nodded, “I couldn’t sleep... too much on my mind.”

Naam chuckled, “What could a girl like you have bearing on her mind so heavily?”

Sin blushed. She didn’t answer.

Naam stared at her, “Really? Already?!”

Sin’s ears reddened as they poked out of the bottom of her nightcap, “We... just kissed, okay?”

Naam reacted in a way that surprised Sin. She smiled warmly, “About time. Now, what do you say we take a walk?”

Sin was amazed. She thought that Naam would make fun of her, or laugh at her. But she just accepted it and moved on. Did I read her wrong? “I’ll come. Where are we going?”

Naam grinned. Her amber eyes shone brightly in the dim lighting, “Down the red light district!”

Sin’s heart rate rose. She hadn’t explored the area around the Secret because her dad would never let her. This... it’s exciting! Sin nodded with a wide smile, “Let’s go!”

Naam and Sin left the mostly empty Secret. The guards at the door were hushed silent by Naam. If there was to be any trouble, Naam could handle it.

Sin’s fluffy foot paws were snug in her slippers as she prodded her way down the Secret’s stairs alongside Naam. She straightened her nightcap again, and squeezed the fluffy bobble twice.

Naam watched this happen. She found herself adoring Sin’s cuteness.

Sin placed her hands on her hips triumphantly, “Where do we go first?!”

Naam stared at her with a blank face, “Relax Princess, we’re not going to go fight anyone. Let’s explore for a bit, then I’ll bring you back so you can sleep.”

Sin didn’t fully realise it, but she was itching for some action. She followed Naam with high energy and high spirits. Even if they didn’t do anything physically tiring, she’d end up exhausted from just maintaining this level of energy output.

Naam pointed out the lights on the side of each building, “Each of these places does something similar, but different. Is there anything that interests you?”

Sin looked around. All of the surrounding buildings had bright lights that were shaped to look like something unique. One of the buildings had a lit up man who looked ready to fight on the side of it. Another building had the image of two women kissing, with a love heart above them. The building opposite had a similar image, but with two men instead. She poked Naam, “What do you do in these buildings? Dad always told me that the Secret was made to outshine all of these other places, but he never told me what any of these places actually offered.”

Naam stared at the Princess. She’s so sheltered... should I be the one to burst her bubble? Ah, she’ll learn about it at some point so why not tell her now. “Sex. The main thing that these places sell is sex.”

Sin’s face became a lot hotter, “H-how... sell s-s-sex?”

Naam nodded, “You know what sex is?”

Sin nodded profusely.

Naam sighed, “Then you’ll probably be surprised to know that people offer sex with themselves for money. It’s often done through an agent or organisation like one of these ones though.”

Sin stared at Naam, “I thought... sex is for t-the p-person you l-love.” Lilly made it abundantly clear to Sin that she should only have sex with the person that she loved. Since Sin didn’t even know what love in this context was, she didn’t think that sex was something on the nearby horizon for her.

Naam laughed, she knew that Sin would be innocent, but it was still funny, “Sure! It can be. That’s how most people treat it. But sometimes, there are people who... see it differently. They might see sex like a fun activity to just enjoy with someone who they think looks good. Sex is far more meaningful if it’s with someone you love, but neither person is wrong to see it how they see it.” She smiled at Sin, “And the people working at these places are there because they want to be.”

Sin nodded. This was a lot for her to take in. She looked around some more. A bit further past the buildings next to them was one that had a whip and chain in neon imagery. Sin pointed to it, “What ab-bout that one t-there?”

Naam grinned, “That’s for people who like it... kinkier than others.”

Sin tilted her head at Naam, “Kinky? What’s that?” Lilly never explained that.

Naam stared at her. She’s way more innocent than I thought she’d be... “Sometimes sex isn’t enough to get people excited. Or they just like variety in how they have sex. So they’ll introduce... adult toys that make it more fun for both of the people doing it.”

Sin nodded, “I see. I think I understand now.” She looked at the man who stood at the entrance to the kinky place, trying to entice people to come in. He looks... strangely familiar. Sin racked her brain as she tried to remember the face...

The guild... in Acies? FROM BACK THEN?!

Sin shook her head. She decided to change track. There was another building just nearby that had what looked like the image of a beastman woman, with animal ears and a collar on, “That one looks weird... there’s a beastman woman on it, what’s that about?”

Naam laughed, “That’s for some of the freakier people. They like acting like animals, so they meet like-minded people there. It’s not about the beastman tribe. Think of it more like a person being another person’s pet, and them getting off on that.”

Sin stared at Naam. What the fuck? A person becoming a pet?! She shook her head again, even more wildly. Sin wanted to stop talking about sex and change the topic entirely, “What about this place?” She pointed to the building with the man who looked ready to fight.

Naam put on a devious grin, “That’s the Ring. It’s a place where you can go and fight for money, and people bet on who wins and loses each fight. They hold competitions and stuff, but I don’t spend much time in that place.”

Sin looked interested, “Do they let you use magic?”

Naam nodded, “Most of the fights allow the use of magic.” She turned to Sin, “Wait... you’re not really...”

Sin grinned slightly, “Can we go there?”

Naam facepalmed, “Princess, we really shouldn’t.”

Sin took a step forward. She looked at all of the muscly men and women talking to each other outside the entrance. They brandished huge weapons that were embedded with magical gems. Sin’s grin became scary, “I want to go there. Take me.”

Naam gave up, “Fine. But only for a little bit, okay?”

Sin didn’t react.

Naam sighed. I’m probably going to get a lot of hell for this.

Hi all! If you're enjoying the story and want to support me then feel free to do so on Patreon!

Patreon is 10 chapters ahead of what's releasing here so if you also want to read ahead then you can do so over there!

https://www.patreon.com/Vertrixx

5