6.5. Aspect of Deception, Kallad Raven (Part 2.5)
386 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Hunters’ guild in Acies handed out assignments to hunters who came to the city, and bought any salvaged goods from them for a decent price. One could make a good living from the Hunters’ guild.

Weekdays were always slow, the clerk at the guild was told this when he started the job during the week prior. He was told that hunters would be in the middle of expeditions during the week, so he shouldn’t expect many people to come in to rent out the training or sparring grounds. Though there was the odd hunter or group here or there that would come in to sell their goods, he could feel the day slowly pass by him like a snail trying to climb a tree.

“The sparring grounds here seem big enough. Let’s go and ask if they’re free.”

The clerk heard a voice coming through the entrance door to the guild. Customers? He readied himself to talk to the customers, these were some of the first he’d work with as part of the weekday shift.

Then the air grew cold and heavy. The door opened, and the hallmark red hair and red eyes of the Deceiver came through the door. Frozen, the clerk stared at him with wide eyes.

“What the... Why’s he like an icicle?” The red haired man spoke.

“It’s because you’re the Deceiver, idiot.” A black haired ponytailed man with a scar on his right eye responded to him.

“Oh... Oh right. I’ll just tone it down then.”

Relief. As if he could only just breathe now, the clerk took heavy breaths. He pointed toward the sparring grounds and gave a thumbs up as he heaved and gulped down large chunks of air.

The red haired man left some gold coins on the desk, “We’ll be on our way there then, thanks!”

The black haired man stared at the red haired man, “You’re overpaying.”

The red haired man shrugged, “Thought I’d tip him since he nearly died.”

The black haired man rolled his eyes, “How generous.”

Following behind the two men were two children who seemed like polar opposites. One held herself outwardly high and proud, while the other seemed focused on himself without regard for the world around him.

This might be the strangest day I’ve ever had. The clerk pocketed the excess gold and wiped the sweat from his forehead. Hope they don’t destroy the place.

He threw away his worries since there was literally nothing he could do to stop them.

14