Chapter 4
200 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the same forest that Astaroth was currently in a figure could be seen running at breakneck speeds. He was wearing a green jacket over a black shirt and grey pants. His face was covered by a large hood so it was difficult to see but one could guess the expressions on it by the current situation. 

 

From the looks of it the hooded figure seemed to be running away from a life threatening problem and because of that its speed kept increasing and increasing but the pursuer was not to be taken lightly. It was an elephant not a normal one but a mana beast, it’s size was easily triple of a normal one, it’s teeth were elongated and sharp enough to pierce through hardened iron and right now it was madly chasing the figure ahead.

 

Using the bow that was tucked on the back of the figure several arrows were shot towards the elephant but they shattered on contact with its skin making him click his tongue in annoyance. Then he chanted something and again fired some arrows which were enhanced with ice magic and upon contact with the elephant's skin they detonated making the beast scream in pain.

 

The figure stopped running and fired another volley of ice magic laced arrows towards the beast making him scream more and only after his supplies of arrows ended did he stop.

 

Breathing heavily he went near the elephant beast and started inspecting to make sure that he was really dead but to his disbelief the beast suddenly stood up from the ground and used one of his pointed teeth to attack the figure. 

 

The attack connected and he was thrown out in air only stopping after coming in contact with a tree, his left shoulder was pierced and there was a hole present there, blood was constantly flowing out of the wound and for him it was the end.

 

The beast who was heavily injured now looked at him like a meal to be devoured and slowly started making his way towards the injured figure who was crying and shouting for help. The figure knew that if no one came to save him he would be dead and all the things would end with him so with the last ounce of his strength and mana he shouted for help.

 

Someone help me!! Please, I don't want to die.”

 

But his cries were unheard as no one came forward to help and it was kind of expected as the forest he was currently in was infested with mana beasts like this elephant and only adventurers who took a task from the guilds or some travellers who didn’t knew about it would venture into it.

 

The beast was now only a 100 metres away from his prey and from his smug expression he was sure that this little prey was not going anywhere on the other hand the figure had lost a considerable amount of blood and his consciousness was hanging by a thread waiting to be snapped by the beast and when the beast was only a few steps away he closed his eyes.

 

Back with Astaroth

 

He was currently watching the fight between Elephant beast and the hooded figure but due to the fact he was using magic to make him invisible none of the fighting figures were able to detect him.

 

“Isn’t this beast a lower version of Mammoth that one had to hunt in lower levels as the hero?”

 

He watched as the figure shot ice magic laced arrows towards the elephant which made it scream in pain. He was not here to play the role of hero and save the figure from death but then again he was not a heartless guy who could watch an innocent getting killed but he decided to help only the case he needed. After looking at the attack of this guy he had to say, 

 

“This guy’s accuracy and proficiency with bow and arrow has already achieved high grade and with an increase of a few levels he would be able to reach A grade. But the quality of his equipment is trash.”

 

Astaroth watched as the beast used his pointed tusk to impale the figure and then hurled him towards a tree making his wound worse.

 

“Well that’s enough I should help him but before that.”

 

“Game you there?”

 

Affirmative

 

“Change appearance.”

 

Affirmative

Change appearance activated

Completed

 

“Good with my changed appearance no one who is lower in strength than me would be able to see through it.”

 

“I always wanted to try out this move in real life, so here goes nothing.”

 

“Fire Spear”

 

A dazzling spear made out of sizzling hot fire came from his hand and attacked the mana beast who was already heavily injured and upon contact with the spear he exploded and died on spot. All this development stunned the one who was on his deathbed, his eyes couldn’t believe all this at all and before he could say anything another figure came from behind.

 

“Hmm the firepower of that attack is deadly gotta use it wisely.” Astaroth who was looking different from his usual appearance came from behind.

 

“Oh so it was you calling for help.” He commented after seeing the condition of the wounded figure on the ground.

 

“Than-thank you…” The wounded guy wanted to thank his saviour but with his remaining strength it was as difficult as climbing mount everest.

 

“You better save your strength or you might die.” Astaroth said and came near him examined his wound and sure enough it was sufficient to make him dead.

 

He began contemplating whether to further help this guy or not. Killing the overgrown elephant was for him to check his strength and magic power but now that he knew it was sufficient he didn’t want to stay in this place anymore but then again this guy looks like one of those adventurers so he might be able to give him information. In the end he decided to save him to gain benefits.

 

The figure after seeing that Astaroth was not helping him anymore tried moving away from the place but he could not move a single foot and it only made his injury worse.

“Don’t move, it only makes things difficult.” With that he went near him and placed his hand on the figure's chest and said, “Heal” a green light shot from his hand and entered the other party’s chest and surprisingly the wound of his body began to heal at high speeds. 

 

Within a minute the wounds on his body were gone and his lifeless eyes were filled with vitality. This again shocked him as healing spells were quite difficult to master and to master attack spells with healing was extremely difficult and required years and years of practice but this guy in front of him was looking the same age as him so how did he do it?

 

“There you are fully patched up and my name is Asta.” He smiled warmly in order to make the other guy lower his guard.

 

“I- I… uh I don’t know what to say anymore. If you had not helped me then it was going to end and my name is Troy.” Troy introduced himself and put forward his hand towards Asta.

 

They shaked hands and then Troy began telling how he took this low class mission from the adventurer guild and was quite confident about completing it but then this beast who was afraid of something came running towards him and made him lose his composure leading in this very situation and the rest is history.

 

“Oh so you are from an adventurer guild?” Asta asked, there were guilds in the game but they were mainly for those who donned Hero’s appearance or from someone in his crew.

 

“Huh? You don’t know about the guild?” Troy looked at him like he was talking bullshit.

 

“I am a traveller and this is my first time coming here so you see my information is quite lacking.” Asta admitted and that made Troy understand that he is just someone from a far away place.

 

“But how are you so strong? You could use element manifestation and even healing magic.” Troy asked with glittering eyes.

 

“Uh by practice? I have always been interested in magic.” He lied.

“It is amazing, do you know that one could become a high grade adventurer just by having that.”

 

“Are you an adventurer?” Asta asked him.

 

“Yeah though it has only been a month but looks like I am not made for it.” He said in a depressed tone.

 

“It could be one of your bad days.” Asta said.

 

“Do you mean it?” Troy asked with big eyes.

 

“Yeah and by the way can you show me the way towards the nearest city?” He had to leave this forest and enter the city to gather more knowledge about this world as compared to the game’s.

 

“Oh it’s the city of Eris, why don’t we go there together. I am from that city and it would be the least I could do for you.” He said.

 

“Then I will trouble you.” Asta replied.

 

“Well let’s go then the sooner we leave the better.” Asta commented but Troy stopped him.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked him.

 

“Aren’t you going to collect the spoils?” Troy asked with a confused expression.

 

“The spoils?” 

 

“You just killed a low level mana beast and you are just going to leave him like that?” Troy couldn’t understand why he was not gathering the leftovers of the beast which could be sold in the market or the guild.

 

“If you are talking about the beast parts then you could have it. I am not interested.” Asta knew what he was talking about but this low level item was trash in his eyes.

 

“For real?” Troy was shocked at this.

 

“Yeah but please be quick about this.”

 

“Don’t worry, I am the best at doing this.” Troy replied and after a few minutes they started going towards the city of Eris.

 

 

 

 

1