A New Task
358 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door to the grandmaster's office is opened slowly, and a pink haired maid walked in.

"Is something the matter, Grandmaster Jean? You summoned me." Noelle, the Maid-Knight in question bowed.

"As a matter of fact, there is. After giving some thought, I decided to assign you as the bodyguard of The Honorary Knight."

Noelle twitched a bit when she heard that.

"Ah, is... Is it really?"

"Yes. He is in Liyue by now, but I'm sure you can find him if you're careful enough."

"Alright!"

"And, before you go, take this. Bring this to him, and good luck."

"Alright, Grandmaster. I shall take my leave."

Noelle turned around, and left the office before heading over to her quarters to pack up her belongings.

"...Where are you going?" A cheery voice asked.

Noelle turned around to see Amber, the Outrider Knight, cuddling her baron bunny.

"Ah, Lady Amber! I was... I was given a new task by the Grandmaster herself."

"What is it, may I ask?"

"To accompany the Honorary Knight in his journeys."

A look of worry then filled Amber's face, and she asked Noelle, "Are you sure you're up to this?"

"As long as it can get me to become a knight, I will do whatever it takes, Lady Amber." Noelle finished packing, and stood up.

"The others are going to miss you, y'know?"

"Mm. And I'll miss you all as well, Lady Amber. I'll make sure to send letters back home."

"You better be!" Amber then pumped her fist, and brought it towards Noelle.

Noelle, confused at what Amber is doing, tilted her head, but then instinctively bumped her fist with Amber's.

"Boom~" Amber shook her fingers as soon as the fists hit.

"Wa la la la~" Noelle returned.

Amber sweatdropped, and said "Good luck, alright?"

"I'll make sure, Lady Amber."

Noelle then left. She walked out of the city gates, and beyond the long stone bridge that leads outside Mondstadt, and after walking towards the Temple of The Falcon, she took one last glance to the city she called home, and smiled at the view, before turning around to continue her journey.

The roads to Liyue is far, but Noelle has been there once. She recalled getting all the way there just to compare prices, and took too long to make Jean worried. But now since Jean sends her there, and that Aether would be responsible for her, Noelle continued to walk towards Liyue with no worries.

After a couple of hours of walking with no rest, which is normal for Noelle, her daily training paid off, Noelle reached the borders of Mondstadt to Liyue, The Stone Gate to take a small rest before continuing to venture forward, never minding the people staring at her attire.

Surely, being a maid but dressed as a knight is considered odd by many, but Aether is different as he does not mind it. She blushed at the thought, but then focused on the road ahead, while avoiding hilichurls and treasure hoarders roaming the area. It was until the next day when she finally reached the city.

It is bustling, and it's streets are as busy as always. But then she heard chatter from the civilians talking about the death of Rex Lapis and such, and that they saw a blonde haired man who has the same description as Aether walking to the Golden House with a small white floating thingy.

Noelle immediately has a bad feeling, and dashed over to the Golden House, her claymore at the ready.

"Hang on, Honorary Knight, I'm coming...!"

 

 

9