Enemies of Eternity Part 3 – The Gold Knight
103 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bright, golden light blinds the entire Tenshukaku, so bright that it was visible from outside the massive fortress-like castle as the ground shook.

Back at the Knights of Favonius' HQ, Jean awakened from her slumber as she felt the tremors coming from across the continent. The entire city of Mondstadt begins to wake up slowly, trying to process what just happened... The same happened to Liyue, where Zhongli and the other Adepti, as well as the entirety of Liyue felt the light tremor.

"So she finally did it." Zhongli smirked, as he took a sip of his tea.

"Such power... This is exceeding even Rex Lapis' powers... Just, what is this power, and where is it coming from!?" Xiao said, as the tremor caused the Wangshu Inn to panic a little as well.

Back in Inazuma, the light fades, revealing Noelle, the center of her eyes is still glittering gold but the rest of her appearance is altered a bit. A golden aura surrounds Noelle, as well as a translucent golden cape hanging from her back, coating her roses.

Raiden begins to give a look of concern, as Noelle's powers continue to rise up while Signora looked in disbelief. A shockwave of golden light then resonated from within Noelle, which spans to the entire Inazuma archipelago. The soldiers in Watatsumi, whom had their life force being taken away by the delusions given by the Fatui slowly rose up and checked their bodies in disbelief.

"W...What just happened!?" A miko asked, as Kokomi looked in concern.

Meanwhile, the main army of the Resistance also witnessed the shockwave, and stopped curiously to comprehend what had just happened. Gorou could tell that the gold is indeed Geo, but it is more powerful than he could even imagine. This caused the army to march faster, as Gorou feared for what is ahead.

"Lady Paimon, please get Aether out of Tenshukaku, and to a safer place." Back in Tenshukaku, Noelle said to Paimon, in a demanding tone.

Paimon is still frozen in surprise, her eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"...This is the last time I am going to advise you, now GO!"

Paimon nodded fearfully, and dragged Aether's body away as Signora landed back on the floor, about to use her catalyst to attack Paimon, only for the attack to be redirected by a geo barrier that suddenly appeared in front of her.

In a second, Noelle appears in front of Signora's vision, holding her wrist tightly like a vice using only her right hand.

"No more...!"

Signora tried to yank her wrist off, but then a cracking sound is heard before Signora then gave out a grunt of pain.

"Your people has put a lot of innocent people in peril... And now, Aether!"

"Heh... People die, that's alright by--"

Noelle then twisted her wrist forcefully, inviting a scream of agony from the older woman in front of her, before releasing her hold.

"Grrg... You'll pay!" Signora shoots a ray of cryo at Noelle in point blank range, which she dodged by simply tilting her head.

"Missed me."

"H...How!? That was point blank! There's no way...!"

Signora's legs begin to shake heavily, as she then realized who is in front of her.

"H-How can you still have that kind of power!? D-Don't tell me you've... No! IT CAN'T BE... IT IS TRUE, ISN'T IT!?"

"You can goad entire populations to their deaths, but you can't even destroy a single maid, huh?"

"W...What... Who are you!?"

"Don't you know!? I am the Inazuman Maid-Knight who came from Mondstadt to defeat you! I am the light to the darkness! The hope of Teyvat, lived to protector of the innocents!"

 Noelle's vision blinked, before Noelle gave out a shout.

"I AM THE GOLD KNIGHT, NOELLE!" Another shockwave is caused, this time it caused Aether's wounds to heal completely as Paimon is still dragging him away from Tenshukaku.

The shockwave caused even Raiden to flinch, as Kujou Sara then slowly opened her eyes to see the golden caped maid-knight standing before the Fatui Harbinger.

"She truly became one... Huh?"

Signora shook her head violently in refusal, before shooting out shards of cryo only to be deflected by Noelle's aura.

And with a single slap to the cheek, Signora is sent flying to the center of Tenshukaku where she quickly conjured a cocoon of cryo surrounding her.

"Are you going to hide? This is over, Lady Signora!"

"As if! If it's that how you're going at it... I will unleash my true power! You can't beat me, brace yourself!"

The cocoon begins to crack open by pyro, as pyro moths surrounded it, and when it opened, it revealed Signora's true form which towers over Noelle even more.

"Thank you for waiting, now you witness my True Power!"

"There is no more time, Lady Signora. Now let's finish this!"

"You don't know when to die. Fine! I will destroy your heart, just like I did that outlander!"

"Outlander...!? You mean, Aether...?"

Noelle then gritted her teeth in rage, as her vision then blared brightly.

"YOU MEAN AETHER...!!!!???"

Noelle vanished, and reappears in front of Signora, delivering a flurry of slashes using her claymore, which Signora tried to parry, only for her to be put open after she made a wrong move.

Noelle then attempted to thrust the claymore into Signora's heart, only for Signora to duck down, and with a pyro infused fist, punched Noelle, sending her a few feet backwards.

The battle then went on, as both Noelle and Signora traded blows, and even their elemental attacks from their bodies and weapons, until They stopped after 5 minutes. Noelle turned around towards the exit, before gazing back to Signora, as she returned to normal, her golden eyes and cape disappearing.

"I postpone this duel."

"W-What!? What do you mean, you're postponing!?"

"Using your original vision, combined with the fatigue of using your delusion which consumed your entire life force, your power is rapidly dropping. I simply see no reason for us to continue this duel."

Signora's body trembled as Noelle then continued her "Taunt"

"I am satisfied now, Lady Signora. You have realized that you are defeated. You thought that there would be no one in Teyvat that will surpass you, and then somebody showed up, who did! And what's worse, she's just a maid, and not officially a knight."

Noelle gives a small smile of reassurance, as she continued again, "It would be meaningless to defeat you, now that fear has consumed your entire being. You can carry this shame with you for the rest of your lonely, miserable life."

Lonely

That word sparked a fire in Signora's heart. She felt being lonely after losing her loved one. And now this maid had the audacity to mention that word?

"Don't you mess with me! I WILL NOT BE BEATEN!" Signora shouted, tornadoes of fire surrounding her, and blocking the exit to Inazuma.

"I have expected this outcome, even after I've given you a final chance to leave to fight another day."

The tornadoes stopped, as Signora pulls out a whip of pyro and cracked it at Noelle, who simply caught it, and pulled her in with her raw strength, and delivered a single punch to Signora's gut as she transformed back into her ascended state.

The world suddenly slowed down in Signora's vision, as she then painfully knelt down from the gut punch. She stood back up slowly, and cracked the whip again, only for Noelle to summon an odd claymore that is covered in black rocks, and has a golden blade which she used to sever the whip, and landed a slash onto Signora's body, leaving behind a small cut on her chest. However, one of the tornadoes still lingered around, and is heading right towards her own body.

"LOOK OUT!"

"Hu--Ugh!"

The Tornado cleaved through Signora's body, causing it to be smelted in half, leaving the top with only her head, torso, and left arm.

She fell down to the floor, her form returning to the original.

"My... My own attack..."

"This duel is settled, then. You are free to leave--" Raiden sighed, just before she got interrupted.

"P...Please... Don't let me die l-like this!"

Noelle looked at her, a sign of sadness is evident in her eyes despite the fact that Signora is the enemy.

Using her vision's power, a shockwave of geo light then spans across the room, that reattached Signora's body back.

"E...Eh!?"

"I've healed you, and given some of my energy as well. Now face your fate with the Raiden Shogun."

"Where do you think you are going?!"

"To see Aether again... Farewell, Lady Signora. I wish your fate would be a painless one."

Noelle slowly walked to the exit, as Signora continued to rant.

"I... I am a Fatui Harbinger, One of the Strongest in Teyvat! I am Mighty, and you are not! Now... Now you must... You MUST be killed by ME!"

Tapping back into her Crimson form, Signora then fires a blast of pyro at Noelle, which she noticed, and shouted back, "YOU FOOL!"

Noelle struck back with a golden wave of light from her odd claymore, which eats away the fire that Signora shot out, causing her eyes to widen in fear as she screamed for her life. The light hits her, and turns her into ashes within a second.

Raiden looked at Noelle with only a little bit of satisfaction, as Noelle's hand trembled upon noticing what she just did to a living human that she tried to spare.

Without hesitating further, Noelle leaves Tenshukaku via the main door.

2