Sangonomiya Kokomi
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone who heard the story were astounded. After some time, they parted ways, with both Aether and Noelle returning to the Serenitea Pot.

"Welcome back, Traveller--" Tubby then shook, as she sensed Noelle's aura.

Immediately Tubby bowed, and let the both of them inside the mansion.

"So, is Sumeru next, Aether?"

"Yes, Noelle. But I need to travel more of Inazuma. I feel like there's more to that nation that meets the eye."

"I see. I shall accompany you in the exploration, Aether."

"Thank you Noelle."

"Where are we heading next?"

"Watatsumi Island. You never met Kokomi, haven't you?"

"No, Aether. Isn't she the divine priestess of that island?"

"You've done your homework. We're going to have a visit."

"Yes! Paimon wants to find out if the island is safe or not after this war ended!"

They then teleported away to the coasts of the island where they see a familiar dog eared humanoid talking to two soldiers, Toshihiko and Koutoku.

"Hey Gorou! What're you guys up to?" Paimon greeted.

"Captain! You've returned to Watatsumi Island... Who is this!?" Koutoku became alert, and so he and Toshihiko readied their spears.

Noelle bows in front of the soldiers, and greeted them.

"Good day to you. I am not your enemy."

"She's right, you both. Stand down." Gorou commanded.

Gorou explained to Aether that the Fatui is unusually active around the island, and that they are waiting to ambush them.

Aether and Noelle then headed over to the shallow waters to defeat some roving Fatui agents while Gorou snuck behind their lines to burn their ship in order to prevent their escape.

The Fatui spotted the couple, and Aether yawned before crossing his arms.

"Noelle, 10 seconds."

"Got it! Time to clean up!"

Noelle then activated her shield and charged her claymore, before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

The three agents stopped, before suddenly 10 giant slashes of geo elements struck them, and they ended up tumbling to the waters face first.

Gorou and the two soldiers ran towards the couple, in amazement.

"That young lady is incredible! Just who is she!?" Koutoku asked.

"A future Knight of Favonius."

Noelle looked away, as to hide her blushing face from the soldiers. And Paimon being Paimon, brings up Kokomi inviting them to the victory feast. However she is not at the shrine, and is at Bourou Village because of a disturbance. Gorou then told them to head towards the village, and along the way, check up on the soldiers as a growing unease begins to dwell among them.

A soldier said that there are tensions, another didn't as he enjoyed his peace. However it is until Noelle's ears perked up at the conversation between two soldiers, Tsuneo and Yoshihisa. Paimon greeted them, and they stopped whispering.

"Captain, you're back! ....And who is this young lady?"

"A future  Knight of Favonius."

Tsuneo's face pales even more, and begins whispering to Yoshihisa again, but Noelle then interjected.

"My, are you both feeling unease? I can brew some tea if you'd like it--"

"I-it's nothing, miss knight! I mean Maid, I mean Maid-Knight--" Tsuneo is too flabbergasted to speak, but then Yoshihisa spoke out.

"Nothing to report here! Everything is A-Okay!"

Tsuneo then mentioned that Kokomi is at the village right now and that if Aether wished to, he may visit her. The moment they approached the village they see two resistance soldiers questioning a merchant on the road. Kokomi happened to be there as well, and is asking them what the problem is.

Turns out, the soldiers had the merchant on surveillance and that the merchant is constantly making purchases but no sales, and is suspected to be supplying the Tenryou Commission, despite the fact that the war is over. Kokomi then asked the merchant, Naruse's side of the story. The reason why his inventory is empty is because the Fatui robbed him. The soldiers still doubted that. Naruse then pointed the location of where the Fatui were last seen.

"Traveler-- I mean, Captain of Swordfish Platoon, Section II, would you join me in the investigation?"

"Sure thing! Noelle?" Aether's eyes rolled to the Maid-Knight next to him.

She nodded with a smile.

"Hehe, at ease, soldier! For the time being, at least, we are in peace time. Besides I'm sure you won't be on Watatsumi Island forever. Whatever titles we may have, we're friends first and foremost."

Kokomi, Aether and Noelle then set out to the location Naruse pointed.

"So, is she the one, Traveler?"

"Hmm?"

"The one who helped in abolish the Sakoku decree? That huge tremor that even I felt all the way here?"

"She is."

Kokomi then looked at Noelle, who is focused on the duty as they walked towards where the Fatui camp is. They scout the area from the top of a cliff, and they find the camp heavily guarded.

"We can't simply attack with brute force. Strategically, we have the upper hand." Said Kokomi, before she then came up with 4 approaches.

The first one involves having to take out the Fatui Pyro Agent who is the leader of the camp, the second is to blow up the pyro barrels nearby to cause instant destabilization to the Fatui morale, the third one is to use the environment given that they were close to the sea. As for the fourth one, Kokomi then glances at Noelle, before Aether followed her gaze.

Noelle perked up, and asked, "Why are you staring at me?"

"You're the key component for the fourth approach." Kokomi replied.

In an instant, Aether then spoke out. "Fourth approach it is, then."

The Fatui leader strolls around, before a huge shadow looms over him, he looks up to see a huge blade imbued with Geo energy plunging down towards him.

"Ah that just sucks." Were his last words before he gets slashed, and fell to the ground unconscious.

The other agents then noticed the fall of their leader, and began looking all over the place completely flabbergasted as they are now sitting ducks without any leadership.

"Noelle, 5 seconds!"

In a flash, Noelle disappears, and 5 giant slashes hit the remaining agents before they can even make a move themselves, before they collapse. She then reappeared, once she piles up the unconscious bodies of the agents to one spot.

The group then investigated the camp, and sure enough there are food and supplies for post-war recovery. Due to a temporary decree, Naruse is still guilty for hoarding them, and he had to face the consequences once Kokomi and co. confronted them.

That night was the victory feast. However right before Gorou can volunteer, Noelle walked up and said, "May I have the honor of serving the feast?" which leads a surprised "Eh!?" from the dog eared general.

In the end, Noelle cooked the food for the feast which everyone enjoyed.

"Well, this food looks fast but a feast is a feast as long as it tastes good..." Gorou then took a bite off one of the Steaks Noelle cooked.

He widened his eyes, and he averted his gaze away from the food.

"As usual from Noelle, it's lovely!" Aether exclaimed.

"It's even better than General Gorou's cooking!" A soldier shouted, as an invisible hand punches Gorou in the face.

"It has more punch to it!" Another soldier shouted, as another unseen punch hits Gorou.

"She's really the best!" Paimon complimented, and this time Gorou falls unconscious.

The next day, is the peace talks with the Tenryou Commission where Aether and Noelle has to participate as "Extra security", as there are signs of tensions from both the Commission and the Resistance. It did almost happen with soldiers from both sides trying to attack, however before Sara and Kokomi can act, Noelle simply activated her powers, her eyes having a glow in the center.

The aura from her is enough to make everyone stand down, and the peace talks went on peacefully despite Paimon's worries as she flips through the pages of the book that Kokomi gave her. In the end, the soldiers that tried to thwart the talks were confronted by Kokomi. If it weren't for Noelle's intervention at that time, the war might have been re-ignited.

Kokomi told Aether, Paimon and Noelle to meet her somewhere in private, where Kokomi finally reveals that she is not really used to crowded events. She offers Aether to stay for a time in Watatsumi Island, to which he agrees. Noelle gave them a smile, but not before Kokomi turned her gaze towards the Maid-Knight.

"And you, you're free to stay as well if you'd like. You're an unexpected variable during the talks, and I can't thank you enough for that."

"It's nothing big, Lady Kokomi. I am merely there to make sure both you and the Honorary--- Aether, safe and sound."

"You have a good heart, Noelle. And I'm sure Aether does credit you for that as well."

Aether scratches his head nervously.

In the end they stayed the night at the island as per Kokomi's request.

1