Proof of A Hero Part 3 – Transcendence (END)
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aether, look at Noelle's eyes...!" Paimon shouted.

"Geo sigils...? What does this mean...?"

Aether also saw that the vision holder on Noelle's back bow is blank, but yet she is still able to use geo.

"You're supposed to be dead! It can't be! I am built to be like you, the strongest in Mondstadt, there's no way that attack didn't kill you!" The Noelle impostor ranted.

"That is where you are wrong, imitation! You merely have the body and raw power of Noelle, the daughter of Shirogane, but not her heart and willpower, which I have recognized through battle myself!" Ayaka replied, unsheathing her tachi and pointed it at the impostor.

"I have made my choice, and this is my proof... Proof of an orderless knight... That will carve a path for the Outlandish Traveler's journeys!"

"Noelle..."

"Aether, please get Master Dain to safety. The two of us will handle this impostor, and finish her once and for all."

Several abyss knights suddenly came out of a portal, and readied their huge lances. They stood in front of the impostor, guarding her. As that is happening, Aether and Dain has fled.

"I will handle the knights, you shall finish your shadow."

Noelle nodded, and Ayaka flew gracefully over the knights, slashing each of them with her cryo infused tachi. Their movements became more sluggish then before, as they try to thrust their lances to the flying Heron Princess. Noelle on the other hand, approached her impostor, and pumped her fist forwards, which meets the impostor's fist. An explosion of golden light emanates upon impact, before they stepped backwards.

The impostor tries to deliver a right hook, but Noelle ducked down, and delivers a straight punch to the impostor's cuirass, sending her flying all the way across the crater, hitting a stone rubble.

The impostor knelt, and coughed in pain before looking at her real counterpart. Noelle just looked at her impostor with a stern look. The impostor then shook, as Noelle clasped her hands in front of her cuirass, as a golden crystal formed between them from the energy collected from all the rocks, stones and ores in The Chasm. She then absorbed it into her body, and a bright light shines once again throughout the mines, and when it dissipates there stood Noelle, with a few new differences.

Her roses are now gold in color, and the silver parts of her armor are gold as well while the gold linings became black, her hair grew longer, and a translucent golden cape forms on her back. She raised both of her hands and pumped her fists after looking at them for a moment, before opening an adeptus portal, that summons The Unforged which flies at her at bullet-like speed only to be captured effortlessly. Upon sensing it's wielder, the blade then glowed in a golden light. Noelle raises the Unforged to the air, and on the ceiling of the caverns, an adeptus portal opens, revealing a huge meteorite falling down on the impostor's position. The impostor slashes it in half just in time, only to be met with a storm of geo infused arrows, and thrown glowing rocks. Some of the arrows got stuck on the impostor's body, and the rocks instantly bruised any exposed parts of the impostor upon impact, until she activates her barrier which expels it all out.

"H...How is she this powerful...!? I am her... But not on her level..."

Noelle didn't reply, as she then motioned her hands upwards, causing the ground to shake heavily, as four pillars formed on each point in the crater, in the north, south, east and west respectively, before she then summons a blooming golden rose on the ground. A second later, the pillars sent out tremors that resonated with each other throughout the crater, and the rose as well. The abyss knights at the north side of the crater were unable to keep their footing as they knelt down, and Ayaka dove down from above, making one huge slash of cryo that hits the five out of ten of the knights. The rest of the knights then used their bows to shoot their cryo projectiles at Ayaka, which hits her wings but not destroying them as they were also made out of cryo.

"Thank you for the sudden power up... Kamisato-Ryuu: Shirasagi no Ikari (Heron's Wrath)!"

Her wings then fluttered close, as the cryo the knights shot at her were all transferred to it's tips. The wings shoot out rays of cryo that forms a small ball of ice, which is then absorbed into the Mistsplitter Tachi's electro sigil shaped hilt. The knights quickly folded their bows into shields, and attempt to block Ayaka's attack. And with one graceful slash that formed an 'I' shape, a huge ray of cryo shoots out from an opened rift in time and space, which hits the shields, penetrated them, and a huge cold explosion ensued. Ayaka then flew away, as the explosion still engulfs the trapped knights.

The Noelle impostor struggles to keep her balance as the tremors grew to be unbearable to tank, causing her to burst out a huge blast out of abyssal light. She panted heavily, as she then summons her blood tainted sword, and rushed at the real Noelle. Noelle didn't move an inch as the impostor then swings down her huge sword, only for it to stop inches before it hits her body, as her body suddenly sprouts out flags bearing the Parma Cordis insignia.

"W-What!?"

Noelle then counters with a slash using The Unforged, ending in a pose where she lifts her claymore up with her right hand, resting it against her shoulder while she casts her left hand forward, akin to Itto's move. Rocks begin to form on the claymore, making it blunt. Noelle then struck the imposter multiple times, who tried to resist the attacks with yet another barrier, which then shatters as Noelle did a jumping overhead strike, the force of the shattering barrier sending her a few feet backwards, before she charges The Unforged which has lost it's rocks and now returned into being a bladed weapon with geo, which resonates and made the blade longer and bigger.

"Time to clean up."

With four slashes, Noelle manages to send the impostor flying again all the way across the crater as the light from the blade pushes her even further after the fourth hit. The impostor then used her bare hands to break the blade's light off, and took several heavy breaths.

"Please witness, my final message." Noelle said, her soft voice echoing in the air.

She spins The Unforged in a circular motion, a golden light follows it making the shape of a full moon before she raised the claymore upwards, which absorbs the light.

The impostor quickly got up, and charged her claymore with abyssal light, and swings it down at Noelle, all the way from the east end of the crater to the west end where Noelle is. Noelle swings The Unforged down slowly, making an 'I' shape which rips open a rift from time and space, which then shoots out a huge stream of geo light. The light instantly consumed the abyss blade, causing the impostor to give a look of fear, as the light then engulfs her very being.

"I...Impossible...! I am perfect---"

The impostor screams in agony, as she witnessed her body, starting from her shoes and fingers are starting to crack away and fade into dust. The light consumes the entirety of her being until there is nothing left but the artificial human's core, which then erupts in a big explosion as the stream of light dissipates.

Ayaka lands down and stood next to Noelle, whose body glowed in a white light and when dissipated, she finds herself back in her normal self. Ayaka's wings shatter, as she returns to normal as well. The both of them looked at each other, and gave each other a high five, as Noelle teleports the both of them to the entrance to the vale that leads to The Chasm.

"Noelle... Did you finally..." Aether doesn't finish his question, as he sees that Noelle's eyes still has the geo sigils in her pupils.

"We both have finished the cleanup duty." Noelle said, giving Aether a warm smile as she closed her eyes.

"No, Noelle. Your eyes... I can still feel that power even though your form returned to your usual self... Don't tell me that you... You really achieved divinity?"

"Pardon me Aether, but that is the only way to finally clean up the mess that my impostor has made. I was caught in a dilemma, on whether to live a normal life back in Mondstadt and not becoming an official knight for the rest of my life... Or, I became like this, like fate has told me. Now, I am no longer Noelle, Maid of The Knights of Favonius but instead... I am the Transcended Maid-Knight that blooms like a rose. Now I am unable to return to the Knights back in Mondstadt like Lady Vennessa with this now ageless body that will never wither in time... But now I shall accompany you in your travels. From today... Until Forever... My master, companion, and love."

Noelle was struggling to hold back tears in her words, but she is never happier than before. Now she gets to be together with Aether without having him outlive her. Aether then ran towards her, and hugged her, which Noelle returned. Ayaka soon joined in the hug, while Paimon just sat on one of the rocks eating a chicken mushroom skewer next to a smirking Dain.

"Before we continue our journey... Can we do one last thing?" Noelle asked.

The bells from the Cathedral of Favonius rang in the night, obviously by Rosaria considering how late it is. Aether had actually given her his request to ring it. Under the moonlight, Aether, Noelle and Ayaka stood in the plaza where the huge statue is.

"The knights are going to investigate the bells' tolls, be quick!" Paimon whispered.

"Read it, Paimon." Aether said bluntly.

"Grr... Alright, the brides may kiss the groom!" Paimon whispered after an annoyed sigh.

At first, Aether kissed Ayaka, which lasted for a few seconds, and after he pulled away, he turned his gaze to Noelle, who slowly pulled him in and enclosed the distance of her face towards his. The both of them then pressed their lips against each other, as Aether returned the hug that Noelle gave him. Her once Olive Green, turned golden eyes closed in bliss as she enjoyed every second of it.

-The End

1