chapter 3: Getting adopted. Maybe?
877 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After leaving the chapel, the soldier led me to a vast, opulent building in the city, where I was to meet Baron Cedric Alfonzo today. If I claimed I wasn't nervous, I'd be lying. To me, every minute felt like an hour. Above all, I want to get this meeting over with as soon as possible.

This building has six storeys, and I'm now on the fifth floor, seated in a vast space that appears to be a conference hall. There are five people in this room, including myself, the one who brought me, and two others who are significant figures in town named Fiora, mayor or something like that.

I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something, but what it is that I don't know. Welp there's no helping it, I'm too lazy to remember it.

I'm curious what my girlfriend's response will be when they realize I disappeared without saying anything. They'll probably cuss me a lot and speak shitt about me at college with everyone, and I couldn't care less. Um, oh, a girl told me she was pregnant, which number she was hmmm, oh right 3rd girlfriend Catherine, well she had it coming, she insisted that I do it raw with her, it's not my fault that she's pregnant, still, I couldn't believe that I'm becoming a father, oops what I'm saying, she will definitely get an abortion, not that I care. I have several relationships, but it does not bother me. Many people chastised me for it, but I didn't take it personally because I know they are envious of me. Maybe?

At that point, I heard noises coming from outside the door.

"Everyone be on your best behavior, sir, is on his way; hey, get that vase over there and put it in the correct spot"

According to how it sounds, I believe Baron Alfonzo has entered the building and is making his way to this floor.

Right. I have nothing to worry about; it will be OK if I make him guilty instead, and if that doesn't work, I have another plan up my sleeve, but I hope it doesn't come to that. Because it will cost my self-respect.

As the murmuring outside grew louder, the four people in the room rose up and bowed towards the door. When I saw them, I did the same.

Creak Creak

The door opened, and a guy in his thirties entered, dressed in Noble clothes this time. He appeared more majestic in it.

When he entered the room, he looked around at everyone and then sat on a chair in the center.

"Hold your heads up." In a deep voice, the baron remarked.

We all raised our heads in response to his command.

"Greetings, Sir  we are glad to have you With us."The two city officials then hold a ten minute conversation with the baron, which is quite dull.

"How are you feeling now, Kid?"

While I was deep in thought, baron Called out to me.

"Oh, it's okay I just feel fatigued right now, but it will go away after I get some rest thanks to Sister Stacy's use of magic and the medicines she gave me."

"I've got a question for you, kid: what were you doing in the jungle?"

I knew it was coming, yet it's still the most important question he can ask me right now; in fact, the answer to this question will determine whether or not I live. Should I tell the truth and declare that a hand snatched me inside my monitor and dropped me in the unknown wilderness? NH, he will not trust me, in retrospect, he will murder me, doubting that I am a spy, it's as if I'm confirming their prior suspicions about me, so that tale is off the table. Let's just claim I have no recollection of anything, okay?

"Hey youngster, answer what, sir Asked," the soldier began, but the baron interrupted him and urged me to take my time.

So here I go.

"To tell you the truth, I tried so hard to recall everything but I can't; all I remember is that when I woke up, I was alone in the forest, and that's all I have to say."

"But why were you lurking in the woods and catching sight of us?" Baron inquired.

"I was afraid and figured you guys were bandits, so I did it to defend myself." I sighed pityingly.

The baron remained silent and gazed at me, as did the people inside the room.

"No, as I already indicated, I have no memories of my past," I explained.

The baron made a 'I see' sound and then asked the soldier to take me outside while they discussed what to do with me.

___________

"What's your name kid, do you at least remember that much?"

"Yes, my name is Daniel, and that's all I remember."

"So Daniel, based on your appearance, I'm guessing you're of Noble lineage. In that case, I'll have to research your identification, and I imagine you don't have a place to stay, so if you don't mind, would you want to come to my house and stay with my family?"

Here we go again, another cliche dialogue and why Is the man blushing? -Eww, man, it doesn't look good on you.

"So what do you think?" I don't understand what's the point of asking me anyways, it's not like your gonna Listen to my words anyway.

"I'll do what you say."

A smile spread across Baron Alfonzo's face as he gleefully exclaimed, "A smart decision ah, I forgot to give you this." He then signaled out a soldier with his hand, and the man soon returned with a basket full of fruits and sweets.

"Please accept this as a sign of apology; I may be a ruler, but I know how to admit my faults; I shouldn't have fired an arrow at you without first ascertaining whether you were a civilian or not. I'm sincerely sorry, and I hope you'll forgive me." The baron stated this while lowering his head to me.

"Wait, what are you doing?" The sight of the baron kneeling to a child, astounded not just me, but everyone else in the room.

'What happened to him, why is he acting like this, he was like a rude man not long ago, it's like his conduct has done a 360° turn,'

Don't do this to me, old guy; you're putting me in a bind, and I don't want your fucking apologies. Please, for the love of God, put an end to it.

"It's fine, I understand; I hold no grudge against you, so you don't have to apologize to me, Mr."

It was true that I had no ill will against the baron; after all, if you see someone peering through the bushes and spying on you, what will you do? Obviously, you will kill him; at the very least, he was nice enough to shoot it on my shoulders.

The Baron straightens his back and clasps my hands, saying, 'Thank you.'

I'm still skeptical of this man's abrupt shift in demeanor.It's not like I can figure it out.

Following that, the Baron instructed me to recover before traveling to his main domain, where his mansion is located.

Aw, I just got adopted. Fuck, I have a family though. (´;︵;`).

22