Volume 1—Exiled to the East—Ch02
76 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The loud chirping of birds, the soft brush of the cool breeze against his skin, and the aroma of the dusty air were what Zin woke up to the next day.

He was even more clear that he was not dreaming, to think he'd be happy about this.

First things first, he stood and stretched his achy body, a place more comfortable to sleep.

He made his way down from the cliff to the flat ground.

Getting a closer look, the dirt of this land was coarse, as if it hadn't rained in forever,

There were only a few trees in the distance, and they were very much dead. 

If he wished to sleep decently, he'll have to use magic and the dead trees to build a small house for himself.

Sounds easy enough.

Thanks to the Goddess's manual on how to use magic, Zin managed to use a low-level wind blade to cut down a few trees with ease.

It was easier than he thought it would be.

Now to cut the trees and make a small lodge.

He stood proudly before the small log cabin he created in less than five minutes.

Magic is amazing!

With the excess wood, he made furnishings: a wooden bed with leaves as a mattress, a wooden chair, and a wooden table.

It should do, for now, maybe later on he'll find a way to make a more comfortable mattress.

Now that's done, he's beginning to feel hungry.

Zin rubs his growling stomach and stepped out of the lodge.

Upon doing so, he was met by a hoard of fairly large boars.

They all looked at him with red-eyed glares.

"What's this?" He asked staring at the boars with a hungry gaze.

The boars could feel a dangerous aura coming from the human, "to think the food would come to me first." Zin says with a spark in his eyes and a bit of drool running down his chin.

Without a moment of hesitation, Zin took out the boars using a low-level fire spell called "Burn Inferno". It's quite a useful spell for something that will become his food.

At least six roasted boars piled up before him.

"This should do it, now what should I do with the rest?" He wondered out loud.

He then looked over at the pile of at least 20 boars, which he killed using ice magic.

Since they're frozen, should he make a storage building to keep them cold?

He clapped his hands together, it sounded like a great idea!

First, let's eat these six boars here and then build that storage building! 

An hour later, Zin lay on the ground with a full belly, "did I eat too much?" He asked himself.

He sat up and burped loudly. It wasn't very satisfying but he was now happily full.

Standing to his feet, he began to cut down more trees to start on that storage building.

Once done, he used ice magic to coat the inside of the storage, this way meat and other items would stay cold.

Thanks to his high magic rank, the ice will not melt easily.

"That should do it, hm...what should I do next? Should I explore more of this land?" He rubbed his chin while thinking.

He didn't have a sword, but it should be fine thanks to his A rank combat skill, right?

There are plenty of monsters on this land, and he will be running into them while surveying more of his land.

Wasn't this a chance to get rid of them?

He shrugged and made his way towards the north where the ocean should be.

His second monster encounter turned out to be a pack of Nurak Hellhounds.

They were almost bigger than the Boars he roasted and ate earlier.

Without the appraisal skill, he'll have a tough time judging one's strength.

He'll have to try to obtain this skill somehow.

Zin raised his fist with a small malicious grin, well the lack of knowledge makes things even more fun!

The Nurak Hellhounds sensed a very strong and dangerous aura from the human before them.

A powerful blue aura seeped from the human's soul and envelops his body.

The hellhounds shrink back a bit, they are likely to die fighting this human.

A loud howl from the leader of the Nurak hellhounds pierced the sky.

The other hellhounds that heard this battle cry felt their pride return.

To think they almost cowered before a human, they must attack!

The Nurak Hellhounds doubled in size before Zin's very eyes.

This alone made Zin want to fight them even more.

"Let's go, damn mutts!" He hollers while running towards the closest hellhound.

He instantly took it out with a single punch enhanced with his magic.

How could a rank F healer take out a Nurak Hellhound so easily?

Well, that's because Zin was no ordinary healer, he was a healer blessed by a Goddess!

Taking down an E Rank hellhound should be no problem for such a person.

Of course, if there were any higher-ranked monsters here, Zin would be defeated.

Good thing that the only monsters invading his new territory were monsters F Ranked or E Ranked.

That means he was able to get to the other side without any problems, he not only took out the remaining monsters that swarmed him, he completely cleared his territory!

While he was still at Rank F, he has reached level eight now.

Zin stood before the ocean line and felt relief to finally make it to his destination.

Looking into the water he was amazed at the appearance looking back at him.

It was nothing like his ordinary appearance on Earth.

At that time he was a plain man with black hair and brown eyes.

Even his features were considered normal and disinteresting.

But that's no longer the case, this time he was tall, with long blonde hair; though it needs a wash, and handsome features.

If he worked out a bit, he could probably be considered even more handsome than he already is.

Enough about his features, since he made it to the ocean, how about a little bit of fishing?

He found a stick that he managed to turn into a pike, then began to fish.

It was not surprising that he found this relaxing, perhaps because he also wanted to take up fishing in his old world?

He took a break when he didn't catch anything, probably because he lacked the bait to catch anything.

He plopped down onto the sand and gazed into the distance.

The ocean here in the wasteland was more beautiful than he expected.

A few minutes go by when he spotted something that caught his eye.

He squinted to try and make out the shape in the water.

"Huh? What's that? A ship, maybe?" He asked aloud.

No, the way it was floating like that. A drifter?

He won't find out by just sitting here, he'll take a closer look.

Time for a swim!

Zin dived into the water and swam towards the floating object.

The closer he got, the bigger the object became.

It was a piece of wood from a ship that must have gone down.

If only that was the only thing he discovered.

He stared at the bodies lying on the large driftwood, he should prepare himself for the worst.

Without hesitation, Zin went to the other side of the driftwood and used magic to push it to the shore.

He needed to get there faster, this was on the account of possible survivors.

He should take them to his cabin and then go search for drinkable water.

Over the next few days Zin took care of the five humans he brought back to his cabin.

They didn't seem to be breathing, since he's not a doctor he wasn't certain.

Thankfully, he found a river on his land, it was pure luck that the river wasn't dried out.

It even turned out to be fresh and drinkable water!

For now, he'll use his holy magic, luck is the only way to judge this.

He'll have to find a way to restore the river to its former glory, but for now, he managed to gather enough water that he kept in his storage.

To keep the water from freezing in the storage, he was able to cast a non-freeze spell on all the food.

When those guys wake up they should thank him for letting them have such a precious and limited resource.

Zin wiped his forehead after working in the heat, "done!" He says proudly standing before another log cabin.

Ever since those guests of his took over his room he could not sleep, so he decided to build another cabin.

This cabin had an additional feature, a working kitchen!

He felt proud of his handiwork, it came to mind since he'll need to be able to cook the food he gathered.

He even took the time to add a room that would be his bedroom!

He even crafted the furnishings and finally took a break.

It's been three days since he arrived, and since he brought those people to his cabin.

Even now they have not awakened, despite him using his healing magic.

Should he try a different method?

Standing, Zin stepped out of his cabin and was greeted by two nicely built men that stood shirtless before him.

Aren't these two guys a part of the group he saved? When did they come to?

One man was big and burly, with a tanned skin tone and lavender-colored eyes. What set him apart from the other guy was his obvious age.

A man with a growing beard and wrinkled and stern features.

The other guy was a bit smaller in size, but one could not miss his muscled form.

He was also tall, with jet black hair and grey-colored eyes.

One could tell he was much younger but older than Zin in age. He was also quite a handsome young man.

"Are you the one who rescued us?" The older man asked looking down at him with a heavy aura coming off him in waves.

Zin may not be an appraiser but the man's overwhelming aura was enough for him to understand that the old geezer was not a pushover.

The same goes for the younger guy.

"That's right, so please tone done the massive wave of killing intent," Zin says holding up a hand.

The old man looked shocked but did what was asked of him. 

It's no surprise that a low ranker could feel his strong aura, but for him to be still standing and looking uninfected.

Was this a skill or perhaps the doing of an item?

Not the case, it was because Zin did all he could to keep calm.

What an interesting young fella, he was at least fifteen or sixteen in age.

The old man suppressed his aura, "I do apologize, it's an old habit of mine." He says with a slightly nervous laugh.

"Of course. As for what you asked earlier, I am the one that rescued you." Zin stated.

The younger guy nods, "thank you, if it is not any trouble we would like to repay you." he says.

"Not needed, have the others awakened yet?" Zin asked.

The two looked at each other before turning their attention back to Zin, "please come have a look."

Inside the cabin, the bodies lying on the beds were stone cold, it looks like only the two men were lucky enough to survive.

So, not even his holy magic could save the others.

What kind of injury was it that not even his SS Rank Holy Magic could cure?

Unless they were long gone before he brought them to the cabin.

So does this mean these two were already alive?

He looked over at the two men.

That explains a lot, looks like he needs to gain medical skills or at least hire an S-ranked doctor.

His holy magic may be highly ranked, but his healing magic was a different matter.

Obtaining an actual Healing skill would be sufficient for him.

Upon the two men's request, Zin took the bodies out and burned them for a proper burial.

He never expected to see dead bodies so soon, the reality sure is hard to believe.

Later on, he learned that the two men that survived were knights protecting a princess.

Unfortunately, she was among the bodies that were burned.

He also learned their names; the old geezer went by the name of Yudian and the other guy was known as Rosha.

The two decided to stay and become his knights, it was a burden he wasn't sure he wanted.

But they had decided upon this after learning about his situation.

"Since our princess no longer lives it's only right to protect the person who saved us," Yudian says.

"Agreed, please accept us, Lord Zin!" Rosha asked.

Both fell to their knees before him.

Looks like things will be a bit more lively around here.

3