The vile lich ch1
86 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 1

In one of the towns of San Fransisco there lived a man named Stuart Wisconsin. In the beginning, for the large chunk of his youth, there was nothing particularly interesting about him. He got up, he ignored the raving homeless, tried not to step on scat while walking to his programming job in his cubicle.

Day in and day out Stuart became more jaded. For his heart wasn`t agreeing with the apathetic stance he was pushed to take towards his surroundings. He was not pleased with himself the slightest.

Stuart got in front of his mirror and looked himself square in the eye. And said: « No! I can`t shut my eyes to all this suffering anymore. I can do something.I BELIEVE I CAN DO SOMETHING!»

He didn`t go the usual route for helping people. The soup stands, the government initiatives, etc. were obviously not working. So he decided to go another route.

At that time U.S.A had a situation with its infrastructure. It was, for lack of a better word, crumbling.

He got on his computer and began programming. A simple program that showed where were the damage regarding roads, hospitals, and schools. A person would take a picture of the damage, where the damage is automatically uploaded to a world map, another person puts a bid on it. The fixer of the damages receives the money depending on the quality and the durability of the fix. This program was able to run on the simplest of smartphones. So if a homeless person was able to get his hands on a smartphone he was able to get a freelancer job as a construction worker, gardener, and various other things.

Stuart programmed this app and put it out there. It was well-received but it wasn`t working as he intended. Mostly small businesses were bidding and fixing. It didn`t reach to homeless folk at all. Stuart didn`t lose hope. He was focused on his goal.

Way later, big businesses were going to lobby that bid they have put on Stuarts app should be deduced from tax because it essentially does what the government already should have done with said tax money.

With his newfound money, Stuart called up some engineers. These engineers developed a cheap electric suit that is recyclable and protected its wearer from elements complete with the cheapest smartphone with the app he created pre-installed. There was also a small waste management wagon issued for 1 in every 7 homeless people these wagons can be emptied and cleaned for free in related cleaning stations. Waste went thru graphene laden pipes and separated from its water and sold to agriculture plants as fertilizer. Water was later re-used for cleaning

Homeless people were officially freelancing nomads instead from that point on.

Nomads would ride town to town, solve problems, assist in aforestation of unused lots to help fight climate change.

Stuart wasn't feeling bad anymore. He saw a problem and did his part. There was nothing more he could ask for.

He married, had three kids. One boy two girls: Steve, Sarah, and Jenna.

Stuart became a beloved figure over the years. It was bound to happen. Former homeless felt they owed him a debt of gratitude. People who were stressed over climate change felt they owed him a debt of gratitude. Big and small businesses that we're able to reduce their tax burdens felt they owed him a debt of gratitude.

In helping his fellow man he found his inner peace.

Years flowed by, Stuart was now old and grey. His son Steve was now in his fifties and had a beer gut. He would rub his son's belly and say:

«Becky! Honey! We are having another grandchild!»

Becky fell for this ruse more times than she should. Each time, with great happy vigor Becky would stop what she was doing and run to the room Stuart was at, only to find Stuart rubbing his mustachioed son's beer belly.

Life was good.

When Stuart felt the inevitable was approaching he called his children to his bedside. Sarah was crying. Her ugly old square face was contorting and convulsing.

« Don`t cry, Sarah! I`m ninety-six years old! A full ninety-six years!» «COUGH» «COUGH»

«Look, I haven`t got long, in my will, I, fairly distributed my wealth amongst all of you. I wouldn`t forgive you if you make each other sad over my money. Do you understand?»

They all shook their head in agreement.

« I love you all,»

His children smiled at him.

«I feel really tired, if you excuse me I want to rest a bit.»

As his loved ones left the room a dove landed in front of his window.

«What a dumb-looking bird,» he muttered.

Stuart died two days later.

 

 

buy a copy: https://www.amazon.in/Vile-Lich-Feyzullah-Yuksel-ebook/dp/B07W6Y1GR5

2