Chapter 3: The Person who become the youngest Knight.
86 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ARE YOU READY FOR THE BATTLE”

“YES… NO wait a minute are you going to fight in that dress.” She was wearing a white gown, I wondered how she was even able to run in that dress. And without giving out a second thought to it, she tore apart her dress to something that she could fight with. I was impressed with her wild personality. Naturally, I took off my ill-fitted clothes, but she didn’t fluster after seeing my bare chest.

“FINE NOW”

“Well I didn’t mean that. We do have the facility to change into a proper training dress, after all when I beat you I don’t want a filthy dress to be the reason”

“Alright then where are the uniforms kept?” She asked bashfully, naturally her current dress would still hold her down. Since the trainees can’t enter the palace as they please. Several Utility rooms were built inside the training ground. Wooden Weapons, training clothes an Emergency healthcare facility, and a bathroom. While the bathroom wasn’t luxurious it was still bearable, since only males were there. No need for doors in the changing room seemed necessary. As such changing clothes would be troublesome for her. Although I was angry at her for ruining my face in front of my father I am a Gentleman, not a pervert. So before she could have asked me to I headed out of that location.

“Don’t worry I won’t come to peek at you”

“If you try to I would gauge your eyes out” she sneered at me with an expression akin to a tigress protecting her pride.

Naturally, while I was out there waiting for her, the soldiers caught up to us. And with the strength of a Knight, it’s not that hard to destroy a meagre iron gate. But they seem to be waiting for us to fight. Perhaps my father got interested in my battle with her. Well, there were several location from where the activites in the Training ground could be supervised from , One of those locations being my father’s office. I could sense their presence. By this time, she had changed her clothes, even I had changed my pants, of course, I like to flash my shredded chest. But I am not stupid enough to fight without any armour. Even her claws might harm me, if I am bare chested.

“FINE NOW” she yelled, showing that she was a little annoyed by my request.

“YES” and with that said the battle began. She launched herself at me, as fast as she could have similar to a pincer missile. That was as fast as the standard soldiers I believe, but beneath me. A simple double roundhouse would stop her charge and so I prepared myself for it, bending my rear end slightly backward. I could easily dodge her over haw, but it was more to her attack than just her speed. The wind struck me at faster rate than I had expected causing me to lose my balance. Although my kick didn’t land perfectly on her face. It struck her shoulder and her waist. Even though she was pushed back quite the distance I expected her to fell down, but she was standing right on her feet. Holding her shoulder and rotating it freely.

But that didn’t mean she would stop charging at me or so I thought, this time she kicked the sand on the ground causing me to lose track of her movements. This came off as a surprising movement since I thought of her as a non-scheming, braindead, muscle-headed battle maniac. But she wasn’t stupid. Indeed, an admirable quality, in life to death battle one must be aware of their surroundings and should make its use to the fullest. Such an attack would be considered beneath the nobility and what not, but in a battle where your life depends on it, would you think of honour.

But as for me, honour did matter after all my father was witnessing it. If it was any other day I would have run backward and waited either for her to get out of that region or for the visibility to increase. But this time I have no choice but to use my senses to the fullest. I had to show my father how much of a filial son I am. I could faintly sense the wind, she was coming from my left and her sword would be attacking my right. As for her there was one problem the spear had a longer range than the Sword. And a much higher thrusting ability since slicing isn’t nearly as effective as thrusting. I was at a natural advantage. Obviously, my spear reached her, striking her abdomen.

“Ughh…” The sword momentarily fell off her hand and she was stunned as she let out a sigh of pain. She held her stomach. It might have hurt a fresh wound otherwise there was no chance that she would be in this much pain with such a simple attack. Even so that was to my advantage. She should have analysed her situation before fighting with me.

“With this, you have been defeated princess,” I said as I pointed my spear at her neck, naturally all of my attention was at my father.

“I have not lost, NOT YET”, saying that she charged at me catching me off-guard, she head-butted me in the chest causing me to fall off the ground. I rolled down quite the distance by now all of my body was covered with mud and filth even my instructors couldn’t do such a thing now, in fact such a shameless incident hasn’t happened to me in years. Although I wanted to get angry at her for throwing me in such a dirty manner I couldn’t help but be impressed by her, she made me realise there was still room for growth in me even without reaching the stage of Knight. She gave it her all even when faced with a stronger opponent.  

With a bright smile I stood up and dusted off my clothes. “Indeed Princess you have not lost yet” Although she let such a heavy blow on me, she was breathing heavily perhaps the spear did strike her heavily. But as I said she haven’t lost yet, while I was armless, she had grabbed onto her sword. But her sword was slightly sluggish than before.

“Princess if you want we can call it a draw” I noticed that this was solely the result of the advantage a spear holds over a sword in a one on one combat or perhaps because of the fresh wound that opened up. If not for that she might even have been victorious. Even if I want to court to her there are other ways. Perhaps the conventional ways weren’t bad. But one thing was for sure. I want her to be mine even more so than before.

“DO NOT PITY ME” Suddenly she roared, reaching a level even faster than what she exhibited before. I was impressed she was almost as nimble as me. Sadly I don’t want her to be hurt anymore. I realised that I have been enough childish for today. I can do better than this. If father asks me I would just tell him that I fell for her. So I just started avoiding her. Although she was faster than before she was making much more excessive movements than before. It was as if she was madly charging like a beast.

“Did that punch hurt your brain. Why are you running?”

“…” Naturally there was no use explaining all this to her.

“Don’t think you can tire me like this!”

“You are doing nothing but tiring yourself out like this. Observe yourself, you weren’t even able to reach my shadow. Stop making excessive movements. It won’t help you while dealing with a faster opponent.”

And with that said I noticed an immediate change in her attitude. She was slightly slower but much more precise. And I liked that, she was able to take constructive criticism and not act bratty. I want her even more.

“Thanks…” Although I wasn’t able to hear properly since her voice was too dim, but I think what she said lied along those lines since I could trace her lips. But she shocked me with her next strategy. 

“You Coward can’t even face a woman” She was trying to provoke me. Clearly she realised that I was acting egoistic a while back, since I am not doing such a thing now, that must mean I am compromising but for how long will I compromise. She was testing me. Brilliant. Just Brilliant. If it wasn’t for her being so furious I would have hugged her in the middle of the battle.

“Why did you get out of your Mother’s Womb Just to hide”

“Perhaps you weren’t born off a father but rather two mothers.”

Her constant provokes were almost working on me.

“Come on Do you not want to entertain your father? What would he think of you? Running from a little girl” So she noticed that we are being watched. And surprisingly this time her provocation was right on the mark.  

Although she noticed that I was slowing down, what she didn’t notice was that I was heading towards my spear. She launched an Oberhaw at me, which I managed to avoid while simultaneously grabbing my spear. Although what surprised me more was the impact of her Oberhaw, the cobblestone on the floor have broken into two. And she managed to do that with a wooden sword. What can I do but spring praises of her strength? Now she also had the benefit of higher ground at this moment, she launched a barrage of constant Oberhaw couple with Underhaw inclined at an angle of almost 45 degrees. This somehow prevented me from standing up. Obviously, I could roll, but the moment she changed her attack pattern I would be struck by her sword. Now I have three positions in my mind. One I can thrust the spear in her gut and that would certainly hurt her. But I don’t want to. Another choice I have is that of hitting her knee from the side, in that case she would most likely fall on me which was the best outcome. Although I have a lethal attack planned in my head hitting her knee would definitely make her lose. But that wouldn’t be a favourable outcome, she would be greatly hurt. And I don’t want that.

But when I noticed she held a devilish smile on her face.

“Shit she is about to change the pattern” Immediately I executed the attack, since it was in a bit of haste, it was executed poorly but the results were better than expected. She fell down on me. Not just that my head was very close to hers. We were almost in each other’s embrace.

Her hair smelled nice. But her skin wasn’t soft at all. Naturally, I don’t want to lose, but it was too late her grappling strength was more than mine. Even though the difference was less, I realised she was slightly stronger in terms of physical strength.

“What happened Can’t get out of my grip?” She said with a grin. And her slight distraction caused her the grapple. I flipped our positions, now it was me who was on the top.

“I can kiss you whenever I want princess!!! But I won’t … I would earn it”

“You won’t be able to earn it like this” Saying this she tried to punch me in the face. And I used the momentum of her punch against her. Rotating myself slightly and launching her in the air. While in the air, she positioned her hands differently and prepared to land, just like a tigress she landed on her four feet, getting slightly dragged. But that view was breath taking, in my case heart taking. Though it didn’t stop me from launching my attack.

I constantly thrusted my spear at her (pun unintended), although she was trying to avoid the strikes, I was still getting the better of her, even so most of those strikes were non-lethal.

“YOU … YOU … HOW DARE YOU STILL UNDERESTIMATE ME” she roared loudly. But she can’t understand it is not that I don’t respect her, it’s just that I don’t want to hurt her, those are two different things. But with that said, I was no longer in any position to hold back now. The Slight difference our speeds has been destroyed by her. She held my spear catching me off guard push-kicked me in the face. It was hard to believe someone could push kick in the face. But she did that.

Naturally I stumbled a bit, but if that wasn’t enough her Mittlehaw really damaged my waist. Although we have been fighting for quite some time, this was the first time I really took any damage. As expected she is amazing.

“Tch-” I heard a loud click of tongue, I recognised that this voice belonged to my father. May be I got some points reduced Although I could do a thing against it. She was learning while fighting another admirable quality, the only problem was … was that this B*tch dared to hit me like this in front of my father.

“ENOUGH” After shouting I punched her across the face, causing her lips to bleed a little. But the next moment she caught my wrist and used my own momentum to flung me in the air.

“Shouting won’t help you win. Who were you lecturing about rationality earlier Huh” She sure knows how to throw your own dialogue at you. What she didn’t knew that I would no longer be holding back against her. 

“Oh you don’t know” As I landed on the ground I created a cloud of dust. Something similar to her case. Except the result was different. My punch contacted her face. Sending down again Causing her to collide with the concrete wall of the training ground.  

“Ha Finally you aren’t holding back” Saying this she threw the several weapons she fell nearby to, naturally dodging each one of them was difficult and what was worse was the fact that she caught a shield, shield against a fist warrior was like the ultimate weapon. There was no way I could destroy that thing with my fist.

But well it was only her torso that was protected not her whole body. I immediately swiped her leg, a simple swipe caused her to fell of the ground. But at the last moment somehow she managed to hurt me with the edge of the shield. Instinctively I took a step back, which allowed her to regain her lost momentum. Since she was faced by me and the wall on the other side, she took this chance to escape. But all of it was for naught, it was nothing but a double side kick that I had to launch at her. A double side kick one pointed at her waist and the other pointed at her neck, the one at the waist was successful but, she somehow managed to catch the one pointed at her face. Naturally I would lose my balance if such a thing were to happen. But she didn’t stop there, she kicked the sensitive area behind my knee, and she was going to continue that if not for me launching a kick at her head with my other leg. Naturally both of us fell down, with her head between my thighs, at this point she have lost. All I have to do is to choke her head with my thighs.

But that will power of hers, it allowed her to stand again, it allowed her to react before me, while she tried to slide backward, I kicked her in the face, once twice thrice, as many times as I could have, without taking a break. I could see her nose was clearly bleeding, although what I didn’t expected was to finally catch my kicks, she held it tightly and bit it.

“Arghh..” In pain I grieved ! with my other leg I somehow was able to get rid of her. But the imprints of her teeth’s would still be at my leg. Hell I feel that she might have even bit off a chunk of my feet. And I was right, that b*tch did bite off a chunk off my feet. I looked at it, nearby a spear was present, I used it as bat and rammed it against her head. I struck her twice, more fiercely than the previous time, but this time she caught it. And slowly stood up. Well it wasn’t like I was going to let her do what she pleases. I kicked her again, this time at the top of her head. And I must admit she is hard headed. That kick didn’t leave even the slightest impact on her. And she pulled the Spear successfully catching me off guard. And then she held the back of my head only for her Knee came into contact with my nose.  

And it was an insane amount of pain. My Nose started to bleed immediately. But I can’t let a little pain cost me the whole of the battle. So while she was holding on to my head I clawed at her neck. Somehow I found the collar of her dress, holding that I was finally able to lift her up in the air. And then I dropped her down, with her back coming into contact with my knee. She left out a load moan.

“Aah …” All this time, this was the first time she left out such a loud moan. Then I lifted her in the air, with her ears.

“Have you lost” I whisphered

“I said have you lost yet”

I could notice movements from father’s office’s balcony. Apparently her Knights are thinking whether they should step in or not. And that would indeed be the best result. I would be able to save face and she won’t be injured either. But she had to ruin everything.

“NO” Propelling both of her leg towards my chest, she kicked me with both of her legs. Causing both of us to fell down. Why can’t she just give up now. But when I think about it, isn’t that the quality I like the most about her, her strong will power.

“Indeed you won’t give up like that” With that I stood up in a rather flashy manner, that was without me touching the ground. While I was standing up, she was still lying on the ground, I lunged at her aiming to kick her waist like a football. Kicking her head would be too much, so waist would be fine I believe.

At the same time at which I kicked her waist, she swung down the sword that laid nearby her. The sword broke into blisters piercing my leg. While she was thrown back quite the distance. Although my leg has started to bleed. I could still fight. But as for her this couldn’t be said.

“Enough!” My Father roared as he stood up.

“The Princess has already lost the fight no need to attack her.” The Knight named Marcus said rather loudly , there was anger in his voice. Hearing that I displayed a little smile, I no longer had to beat her.

“No … NO I HAVEN’T … I HAVEN’T LOST YET” Saying that she stood up, her legs were faltering, her clothes were almost torn apart, her hair were dishevelled, lips bleeding, nose broken. But her eyes, her eyes were shining. She wasn’t the kind of girl who would lower herself for anyone. She was strong, stronger than me in this regard. But even so I couldn’t afford to lose to her.

Within a matter of seconds, I closed the gap between the two of us. And held her in my arms. She seemed she was about to fall off.

“Be a good princess and give yourself a little rest. I really don’t want to hurt you anymore.” Honestly I want to give up. I know that I have won. They know that I have won. It is meaningless to fight any longer than this.

Right at that moment, she heads butted me. “DON’T PITY ME” I was stunned for a while. Her hands were moving slowly her gaze was hazy yet she was standing fighting me. I almost want to concede and then I looked back, everyone’s watching me. I can’t …

“I can’t lose to you” Saying that I slapped her with both of my hands simultaneously each one of it staking right at the sweet spot below the ear. The noise of the impact echoed loudly. And then I head-butted again, aimed right at her broken nose. And then I punched her in the gut, probably at her injury. Causing her to cough mouthful of blood at my face.

She could no longer exhibit any strength, devoid of any strength she fell down on her knee. But I knew she wouldn’t stop here. So I held her hairs and dragged her all the way to a nearby wall. 

“I ask you again. Have you lost yet?”

“…. N-” ** Smack** I smacked her head against the wall.

Once, twice and then thrice.

“I SAID HAVE YOU LOST YET” she could no longer speak, if she would open her mouth only blood would come out of it. Realising her condition and the fact that it was me who did this to her my voice softened.

“I said have you lost yet” I said as I gently caressed her check. And all she could do was nod to a no.

And *BAM* then I smacked her head again and again, And AGAIN. Till she fainted.

Her whole body was injured, her beautiful face was muddled with injuries, her pale skin was covered with blood. But for some reason I could feel a faint glow surrounding her. I feel sad for doing this to her. I held her in my arms, gently not wanting to harm her anymore. The Knights were rushing in and so were the doctors. Father was also coming. I might get scolded, I might get praised I don’t know, but one thing I know is that I won, finally.

“If only you had admitted your loss earlier.” I said very softly. Just then she woke up, with fire blazing in her eyes.

“Haaa” She kicked me, gathering all what was left in her she kicked me in the groin. The pain couldn’t be described. It is the greatest physical pain, man knows of.

“That B*tch”

That b*tch how dare she hit me there. My anger soared its limit. I smacked her head as hard as I could have into the ground … and slowly my vision also turned hazy as so I fainted on top of her.”

 

In the next chapter , more of Main Character's hidden personality is revealed.
  • Should i stick to the current personality , He is caring , but arrogant and seeks attention. Votes: 1 25.0%
  • He also comes off as a creep. (This will be temporary and he will change eventually.) Votes: 3 75.0%
Total voters: 4 · This poll was closed on Jul 12, 2022 07:55 AM.
5