Chapter 0: Prologue
77 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the endless universe filled with countless stars, planets, moons, and other celestial objects.

There was once a legacy of The Maker. The one who made everything and is cause for ages which spanned uncountable years. That was a story of the past, which no one in the current universe could fathom. Yet, individuals of tremendous power knew about its order, history, and meanings.

As for this past, this is nothing for ordinary people. Mortals whose lives were like specks of dust in a vast cosmos and perhaps even less than that.

The ordinariness within the mysteriousness will sooner or later give birth to grief, pain, happiness, betrayal, love, and many more. The danger unbeknown to any living will surface and sweep the cosmos.

4th aged planet of Prime Eldenrius, the famous figure of the 4589th planetary constellation. This planed rotated around the massive sun a few million kilometers away.

There was one particularly impressive city that was surrounded by spikes of mountains. Like a protruding claw of a gargantuan giant, these mountains surround this city.
As if it wanted to clench the humongous city of hundreds of kilometers within it.

This was exactly such a city surrounded by the spikes of mountains, which were even higher than the sky. Eldenbright city was its name. Known as a major capital of schools and sects alike, and a city of many opportunities and riches.

A man was hurrying toward an ordinary cathedral at the edges of this city. He was wearing a light robe with a bright sheen of red scales around his chest and arms. In his arms was an extraordinary-looking scroll with gold around its outlines. Huffing and sweating, he arrived at the back door of the building. Guarding it was 2 pairs of well-built soldiers with spears by their sides. Guards immediately went alert by a sudden intruder.

“What are you doing here? This is private property!” Shouted one of the guards while the rest of the colleagues raised their spears.

Man unbothered by him raised his hand and showed the scroll to the guards.

“Back off if you don't want to die!” He shouted.

“T-t-that's? How do you have this?” Said one of them, while other guards immediately fell to their knees.

“We greet the prime escort of Emblem.” Scared shit-less. The one who spoke first fell to the ground. Clearly confused and scared by this sudden development.

The man who showed up moved past them before entering the hall of the Cathedral.

“He is but an ordinary soldier? How come he has that emblem?” Thought the guard.

“He is sweating quite profusely. I wonder if he has a bad physique or is scared shit-less by someone.” Said the guard quietly, while this rookie stupefied the rest.

“It is your bad luck, newcomer. For not knowing who is beside these doors.” Added one of the guards to the rookie.

Inside the empty building.

There was an old man dressed in black clothing, his face shrouded in a cloak. Before him were many paintings depicting warfare elements. Both beautiful to see and terrifying to experience. He was there to ponder and marvel about this, with only his own reasons, which were known by him. These scenes were quite precious to him.

“What happened for you to be in such a state, captain of a 10th round of Scarlet division Bai Zedong? Why are you even dressed in such attire of lower soldier?” Asked the old man in a shrill voice.

“End is nearing patriarch Jackal.” Answered Bai Zedong.

“Which ending?” Asked patriarch Jackal in an amused fashion.

Bai Zedong, quite surprised by such a question, dropped the scroll to the ground. It fell to the ground before the seated old man. It depicted thousands of swords of all shapes. Almost every inch of the scroll was swords, apart from the middle. There was a bright figure of unknown gender. Like a god of light and swords. This was an emblem depicting the highest order of military power of the city's council. It wasn't just for show, of course. The City of Eldenbright is synonymous with hegemony. Be it within the reaches of this planetary constellation, or outside of it.

“Worst ending, of course. One that I did not want to imagine. I was with the fleet from the second Power. Ordinary check of the perimeter of the constellation border”

“And? What are you getting into? Is it that bad for you to barge into my little place and cause havoc with that screwed piece of the scroll?” Patriarch Jackel asked while getting up from the seat. Grasping the scroll and storing it in his pocket. He faced Bai Zedong and took off his cloak. He was an older gentleman with an aged face, which still radiated an extreme gaze of power. His short hair and beard still left some leftover youth, which made him look younger than usual.

“I am sorry, patriarch. I am simply scared of what is coming” Bai Zedong shuddered and fell to his knees.

“Is it that scary to fear death? Knowing the orders of Scarlet. You should be more brave towards it.” Jackal said with a hint of seriousness, as if he knew what Bai Zedong felt.

“I-i-I have served dozens of m-m-millennia p-patriarch Jackal.” Cried Bai Zedong with a mixture of tears and sweat on his face.

“Report it. Report what you were tasked with. How could you just come here without telling me that? That's quite rude.” Said Jackal with a mocking smile.

He wasn't mocking the bravery of Bai Zedong, but his lack of it. In service of the military of such a scale. It was, after all, very easy to die. Patriarch Jackal wondered what happened to him to be such a scared mouse.

Bai Zedong knew the truth, but he wasn't willing to die, although he knew that he was already a dead man. He clenched his last fibers of bravery in a reminder of his career.

“I-i-I have seen the Dark Death”

“Where?”

“Perimeter of Prime Eldenrius territory. It will be here soon”

“Have you seen it by yourself?”

“Yes”

“Anything else?”

Bai Zedong started mumbling. “I have met him. That one? Like Prime Eldenrius, a man of tremendous power. ‟He‟ is no longer human and, for some reason, asked about his status. I did not know the answer. Prime Eldenrius is getting old. No longer a threat for some, and more people are willing to risk their lives.” Bai Zedong stopped speaking. His whole body convulsed as he was on his knees. Sweat and tears were no longer on his face.

Instead, the steam and heat started to spread from him in rapid fashion in a shuddering shaking of his body.

“Everyone will die, p-patriarch.” Bai Zedong slowly added in his last moments.

As everything was happening, patriarch Jackal watched with a calm expression. “So he wants him? I don't even know where he went. It has been millennia. Very well. Rest in peace Bai Zedong”

BOOM!

Bai Zedong'd body exploded within. Energy compacted to the maximum. Aimed toward the person before him. The whole cathedral collapsed. The fate of the guards outside was unknown. Moments later.

Standing there amidst the ruin. Patriarch Jackal, still with his frowning, yet indifferent expression stayed in the same spot.

Unhurt.

Behind him. The wall with all these war paintings is still intact, and it did not escape the eyes of this old man. He sighed, before disappearing into the bright, colorful light from this half-destroyed place.

In another part of the city. Vast and majestic headquarters of the Alliance of Schools and Sects. In a place like this surrounded by defenses and powerful individuals.

Old man Jackal appeared in one of the halls, in one particularly impressive building. Teleporting her caused the scare of personnel attending to guests and people within.

“W-w-what are you doing here all of a sudden, old man? Where do you think you are?” Said one of the female personnel attending to rich-looking guests.

This was one of the main halls of the trading and business center. Many important people were present at any point in time. The rules of trade strictly prohibited here are teleportation, flying, and fighting.

Old man Jackal slowly took out the rolled scroll, but only halfway. The female attendant glanced at him and saw the knot by the side of the scroll. Even the knob was filled with sword symbols of quite an art. The attendant froze for a moment. She immediately understood that she was before someone important.

“Please be on your way, sir.” Spoke to the attendant politely with an apologetic bow.

Old man Jackal quickly went to the floors above, unlike his previous old demeanor. Entering one of the rooms by the side. There were multiple people who were wearing luxurious robes and had auras of power of many kinds. They sat around the table enjoying some herbal tea and talking among themselves. Laughing, frowning, joking, it was clear friendship. They look very familiar to each other.

After they spotted the approaching figure. They quickly saw the scroll in the person's hands. All of them were stunned and speechless.

Old man Jackal approached them and tossed the scroll at the table and said.

“Order of Maximum. All powers of the Alliance are to attend within 5 minutes or their standing will suffer 2 degrees. No differences”

One of the Elders, with a thick long beard and bald head, quickly remembered Maximum and also the old man before him.

He took the scroll and, while leaving the room, said. “Maximum…. You must be elder Jackal of old? I assume? I will do as you wish. Rest of you inform minor alliances and attend towards the Maxim to the best of your abilities”.

In the space far above the commotion. Edges of the Eldenrius territory.

This was a blank region, where there was essentially nothing of value. No life, materials, planets, or stars. But there was something new and uncommon for such an area of empty space.

Enormous floating ship of massive size. Full deep dark color. It made one feel endless darkness. Approximately 15 km in length. It was shaped like a tip of a military bow-head and a gem with a hexagonal shape. Surrounding it were massive chunks of debris and rocks scattered across vast areas.

Within the ship.

In a hall of almost 40 meters tall and hundreds of meters far and wide. There sat a man in the middle of everything.

Surrounded by an army of thousands of armored soldiers in scaled armor. He wasn't afraid of them, of course. He was their leader and owner. Their existence was for him and only. Current master and owner of Dark Death. The ship which was fed the souls and energy of hundreds of planets during its existence.

Dark Lunatic Kong Heian.

He was a man of twisted convictions. One of many greedy and twisted people of the current era. They are mostly called by their dark arts and techniques. The lack of fundamentals of respect and order caused them to be known as evil. Chaos is their surname and are often depicted as fanatical maniacs. That is at the very extreme side of the coin.

Wearing loose black robes. His equally dark long hair scattered across his back outlined his sharp look. He wasn't handsome per se but had a sinister atmosphere around him. On his lap was a long curved great-sword of almost 3 meters. How could a man of fewer than 2 meters wield that great sword was questionable, to say the least.

Closest to him was 10 bloody figures in scaled armor with dark red and tattered cloaks. Some of them have different body types than others. Some were as tall as a normal mortal, while the biggest was 4 meters tall. The majority had ornaments that depicted skulls and beast materials such as bones.

One of them stomped forward. Kneeling in front of his master and commander, Kong Heian. A big and sturdy-looking man in a shrouded cloak spoke in his powerful, zealous voice.

“It has been nearly 20 hours since your message left. All ships, according to your orders, were cared for or taken in. What must be the next steps?”

“Forward and reach the city of Eldenbright within the next 2 hours. That is all for now” Kong Reian answered while getting up to leave for a better waiting experience.

One of the bloody figures followed behind him. This one was of the smallest stature. With lean legs and a clear slender body within the crimson appearance. It was apparently a woman with masked features.

“Master!?” She called when they left the hall. Both questionably and with a hint of anticipation.

“Don't bother me for now.” Kong Heian barked at her with a cold smile on his face.

“This will be worth the celebration. After all, this will be the 9th one, won't it be?” Kong Heian asked in a good mood.

“9th? It will be worth everything, of course. Do you have anything in mind?” She giggled and shared her master's good mood as they walked toward the big room. Massive windows which opened the cosmic scenery were in this place. One of the better rooms with the utmost sight of the scenes outside.

“I hope everything will be fine. You know the effects of the 9th orb.”

“Why should it not be? I will make it all happen. Once it is over. You know what that means. Prepare the ritual as you know. With your contract, it will be as you wanted.” Kong Heian added.

He tossed a thin-looking book at her, and immediately she started to exhale and laugh. After a while, she put her cloak on her shoulders and took halfway off her mask. Her pale skin, crimson eyes, and sharp teeth made it clear that she was not a human. There was even a hint of scales on her cheek and neck.

“I will gladly do it according to your wishes.” She replied with a small dose of disappointment and left the room. She wanted something more “lucrative“, but this will do.

Kong Heian glanced outside. He watched in silence as the Dark Death cleaved through the space through his senses of the ship. He did not need to be in immediate charge of anything, since his man was capable of moving this ship.

It disappeared from the rubble of the surrounding rocks, which changed to dust.

4th planet of Prime Eldenrius, city of Eldenbright.

Old man Jackal was sitting by the window before him at a long table with 100 seats.

Seated there were 100 figures of the biggest standing and power within the Alliance. Schools and Sects alike were also here with corresponding power and standing. 100 Elders with tremendous power.

“Not everyone is here.” Jackal thought.

He looked at the first 10 people seated at the very front of the table.

“As the orders of Maximum states. Each one of you will bring forward all their representative powers. Put away the differences and rise for the same side.”

“We will abdicate by the orders of Maximum, of course. As for your reasoning Patriarch Jackal. No one will complain.” Said the middle-aged man with a short beard and brown hair at the very front.

“What about Emperor Prime Eldenrius? For such a commotion to happen without his presence. It will cause a disaster.” Asked another elder after him.

“Dark Death is approaching.”

100 figures looked at Jackal. Unsure if they heard it right.

“I guess that is about right. What else would it be for the Maximum to be starting? Some of the Elders are not present. Do you wish to act as fast as we can?” Added a middle-aged man.

“I just wanted to scare some of you. I assume there are some who already had their source of information. Prepare for some unexpected situations and raise defenses to the greatest level. Prime Eldenrius is not someone I could reach at the moment. I hope some of you have some access to him, somehow.”

“I may have a way. His son is hiding within my Endless Sky Hall sect. ” Answered one of the female elders in the back.

“I wish to know the status of his father as fast as you can.” Ordered Jackal.

“There are few plans to make if it's that lunatic Reian. The chance to try to escape or reach out to greater powers within the Center of the universe is long gone.”

“T-this? How could he reach us with great powers, restricting his movements?“ Asked one of the front Elders. Wrinkled face did no one bit cause his voice to sound old. No, he was very powerful as well.

Commotion instantly erupted, as their fate was leaving their lives. They knew what was against them. Fear and hopelessness filled their heart. They paid not much attention to the words of Jackal. Fear stroked the minds of what were the immortals in the mortal's eyes. It was as if it scared them. Like a chicken, encountering a predator.

“At least try dying with an honor.” Old man Jackal barked at them without hesitation.

The silence was what remained.

“Patriarch Chen of Grand Elden Sect. You will be behind the construction of the defense line. Scarlet Hall and Trade Hall will hold support. Use everything in your arsenal and reserves.” Old man Jackal ordered the front middle-aged man from earlier.

Old man Jackal tried his best to solve this situation but lacked the means.

“It is always a power which can solve these problems.” He sighed.

A few hours later.

4th planet which was surrounding the brightness of a massive sun far away. A huge tip of the Dark Death penetrated the space. Energy undulating from it shook the surroundings. The interplanetary travel it performed, was not so gentle. The whole ship came forth from the layers of energy undulation and warped space. Like a black bear in a snowy plane. It was quite catchy to the eyes of many below. It was very close to the grounded cities.

“What is that?”

“What a huge ship.”

“Mom? Can I have a ship like that when I am older?”

“Is some famous Elder back from the Central region?”

Exclamation, shock, and curiosity filled every citizen. They looked up with questions. No one has seen a scene like this in their lives. At least not this terrific. They made no information public about the upcoming attack. It would cause panic.

Beams of light, dozens of kilometers wide, shoot up into the sky. Hundreds of them.

Above.

Dark Lunatic, Kong Reian stepped from the ship. He didn't need its protection. He wouldn't let his ship ruin the cause of his goal. Shadows and dark matter started to dance around him. Enveloping the full ship and its surroundings. It was the so-called aura of the powerful. But any living from the below could lie if they've seen someone less sinister and bigger sight than this.

A little by little around him, 8 globe-like objects appeared from the aure and body alike. The scene changed as if the ruler of space pulled his gaze to an insignificant planet below.

Shadows subsided, only dark energy went beyond the limits. It reached the planet below, but it was stopped by walls of brightness. Colorful barriers stopped the attack as the hundreds of pillars emerged beneath. They stood there with the power, and energy of hundreds, if not thousands of experts

Globes within Kong Reian's reach were emitting energy. Dark, purple, grey, and white. They enveloped his body and reached corners of long distances from him.

“15 minutes.” Kong Heian said out loud.

Some of the 10 Bloody figures from before, emerged. Hidden behind their leader and thick foggy energy of the Dark Death. They flew towards and stopped 100 meters before their master.

“Make a way. The time is up. Afterward, everything is up to luck.” The biggest being pushed himself forward. Bumping to others on his way to the front. He was a general of the 10.

“What about Prime Eldenrius? Will he arrive? Is he here?” Asked the smallest-looking figure.

“How could he come here? It is already late for him.” Added a giant figure. “Begin!” Barked Kong Heian.

The battle started shortly above the planet. 500 soldiers, each led by one of the figures, charged at different sections of the planet. Some were more powerful than others. Small battalions of skilled soldiers made significant changes.

Chaos ensued. People of lesser standing came to realize what was happening by the attack and sight of the area. There were always rumors about situations and gossip. Information was sometimes key to victory. Rumors of Dark Lunatic Kong Reian were a known threat and a lot of people recognized that. Although, without full knowledge of the Dark Death, what was not known as much.

Down, armies of almighty figures went toward the sky. By themselves, in charge of ships or riding beasts. Skyes filled with their shadows showed no end to them. This was a war for survival.

A bloodbath was the only word that could describe the following 10 minutes. As armies raised and fell.

The City of Eldenbright, Headquarters of the Alliance.

Old man Jackal watched as if it wasn't his concern, but his fists were clenching his robes.

“Individual power in his army is way too powerful. The planet won't suffer his attacks, but sooner or later, the energy will run out. The plan for interrupting their descent was a mistake. It only led to meaningless deaths.”

He couldn't help but sigh. “It is time for the last chance.”

The rest of the 100 Elders with great personal power, but without sect or school behind their names. They decided to be openly led by old man Jackal for their final assault. Walking from their headquarters, they saw the sight above them. Kong Reian, was the main attacker of the barriers, even though he didn't lay a finger on it. His energy and orbs of power were all he needed.

Old man Jackal and the rest appeared high above before entering the barrier. Bathed in lights of an unknown source. It was as if they appeared from the thin air. Around him appeared 5 bright blue globes emitting green and sharp energy. Some of the other Elders did the same, but the number did not exceed 3, and some did not even reach 1. Aura of dozens of individuals made a sigh which pushed the part of the sky clean.

Kong Reian frowned. Suppressing the desire to attack personally. He guided the massive vortexes of energy around him to attack this sudden assault. He kept his otherwise godly powers suppressed for sudden situations such as this.

A clash ensued as every Elder was swept away by this enormous wave. They couldn't resist.

“Not even a chance to strike him? How imposing technique.” Jackal thought in helplessness.

“Hmph!” Kong Reian snorted.

“5 globes. Old man. You are not that bad yourself. Not that far from old-fart Eldenrius. But the power is still poor. Xua, Suppress and imprison him”

A slender figure emerged behind him. That, of the smallest figure among the 10. She appeared from his behind without a need to fight down below. She would rather watch the back of a man who was her master.

Xua pounced on the group without hesitation. Releasing her dark crimson aura in the process.

“NOW or never!” Jackal shouted at the group. He brought forward his energy akin to a massive sword of hundreds of meters. With both palms facing each other, the world sword cleaved towards the crimson figure.

Xua raised her hand, energy expanding in the shape of a crimson claw. She catches the edge of the sword, shattering it as she pounced at Jackal. Fists clenched. He changed the shape of the blade to two horizontal slashes as he pounced at him at a close distance. Overcoming the tense sense of energy overflow, he struck at the same time as her attack.

Bang!

Jackal shook at the impact. His chest nearly fell apart, as this was not a light attack at all. Xua did not expect this sudden retaliation as her body cleaved in half as she reached Jackal. Although her claw reached the target, her mask was shattered in the attack. Her face was shocked, yet with a pleasing sight on her otherwise clean face. Residual force affected the rest of the Elders, which were sent flying away once again.

“Huff huff. What an attack,” Jackal grunted. Inhaling and exhaling in the restoration of his internal energy. He forced his hand to finish the enemy, but he could tell she was still alive.

Before he even had a chance to do something, something shook him to a core. A huge, scaled claw clenched around his torso. He could not escape and heard the sinister laugh of a girl.

“Too bad for you. This defeat can be your pride.” Xua smiled at him from half her body, before it formed to her former appearance by crimson energy. Her top flew to her bottom with the surge of power and a small dose of blood. She glanced at the rest of the Elders. Forming a wide range of crimson needles with residual blood from her wound, she ended them all to their very deaths. None survived.

Xua turned around, glancing at the Kong Reian. “Wanna ask about Eldenbright? He may know something?” Kong Reian was still indifferently watching the play. “Is he willing?”

Xue clenched her claw. Blood floated from Jackal into a cosmos. He recalled with great difficulty a few hours ago. As he saw the Patriarch of the Endless Sky Hall's helpless expression. “His son used an interplanetary scroll of movement before my eyes. He could have brought cities' worth of people with him. But he just glanced at me and said that Prime Eldenrius won't come in time. Then he disappeared.”

“H-he won't come here, you lunatics.” Replied Jackal.

“That is fortunate.” Xua raised her head. Uncovering her tattered cloak, which revealed a pair of straight, slender horns. Not looking like someone from a Draconian race or anything similar. It was a strange, demonic figure.

“The ABOVE won't allow your wicked convictions, Reian!” Jackal muttered in agitation at the hands of Xua before falling unconscious. The increasing grip of Xua almost destroyed his very core. He aimed his words toward Kong Raian before his strength was gone.

“Let them.” Kong Reian muttered.

“15 Minutes are up.” Xua grabbed a crystal and shattered it.

Within 20 seconds, every remaining soldier with their leaders flew above the barriers. Hovering around the Dark Death.

Kong Reian looked down. Retracting globes into his body once again. Every shimmer of energy merged with him as well. Compressing the enormous amount of strength into one special technique. It needed some time to unleash its full potential, so time was an important factor.

Within a couple of moments, a massive pillar in the shape of a dark spear appeared from the vast amount of energy. It launched towards the direction of the headquarters of the Alliance. The barriers led the people of the planet to travel as they wished from the barriers. But nothing from outside would come back unless you held a token of ownership by the Alliance. The protected planet that held the layers of barriers was able to hold on, until now.

The humongous spear-like pillar was stopped by the barrier for a few moments. Its tip was divided into 5 parts as it penetrated the barriers. Shaped like a wide massive claw, thousands of kilometers wide. It extended its fingers and the barrier was slowly crumbling apart within a few minutes. The claw flexed its grip against the barrier in a hope of the shattering. Soon enough after this, another force penetrated right to the decreasing barrier. A whole planet shuddered as the attack went through. The spear penetrated the barrier, which led to the massive claw striking the bare earth. Another spear accompanied the hand as being the one destroying the barrier.

The 3rd spear shot up shortly upon the vast destruction down below. Kong Reinan simply glanced down, with a smirk on his face as countless people were gone at this moment. With protection gone, it traveled in a moment and reached the crater created by the claw. It went deeper and reached further depths as crevices traveled around the planet. Spanning the whole globe, life was disapearing with the destruction. It could not be stopped, as the planet itself went through the motion of destruction itself. From a once-known hegemony of trade and business, would soon be a destroyed globe of lifeless rocks.

Inside the unknown distance within the planet, the spear hit another obstacle. The massive throbbing sound penetrated the entire world as earthquakes reached every corner. Some crevices with bigger cities even crumbled. The tectonic plates of the planet reached the atmosphere, where it continued to crumble down.

An unknown time later, as the destruction reached every cranny of the planet.

Magma was tearing apart the rest, as it traveled from the core. There was no explosion, amidst this end of a planet. Even though the third spear reached the core successfully.

Kong Reian appeared within the deep core. His hand reached towards the middle of the planet. After dealing with the last obstacle with his own hands. Without using more strength than necessary a gem-like globe appeared from the very core of a planet. It flew to his hands while radiating brightness and life.

Following this, the former 4th planet of a Prime Eldenrius crumbled apart. It remains drifting to the unknown. But it would only continue to shatter over the long years. It could lead to the birth of a new planet in the vast cosmos for millions or even longer years. Such was the fate of the death of planets.

“That was kind of anticlimactic.” Joked Xua as she saw her master approaching the ship, after getting what he wanted.

“All is worth it.” He smiled.

“What is next? Oh, wait, I know that already.”

“Ship is remaining here. I will go into seclusion for 5 months. The ritual will come after. I hope you are prepared! Xua!”

“Here? Some forces will definitely want revenge. That's not that dangerous in itself, but could be bothersome.” She added.

Kong Reian boarded the ship while not paying much more attention to Xua who kept following him. Returning to a quiet room and as he was closing the door said.

“Deal with it.”

“Asshole.” She grunted. Putting on her masked figure once again, before humming a song of happiness and carelessness.

“I hope he will keep his promise, at least.”

10 months later.

Small-sized ship in the shape of a butterfly reached the space. The former location of the 4th planet of the Prime Eldenrius constellation used to be here.

Group of men and women. Surrounded by gloving light. Stepped outside their ship. Burly man of nearly 3 meters. Glanced at the scenery of destroyed fleets. This was once a majestic place of Prime Eldenrius. Planet of wealth who was famous in surrounding constellations.

Then they saw it. Floating among the debris.

A floating river of blood surrounded the bisected body of man. A cluster of bright green skin was still visible behind the clear yellow-gold robe.

“P-p-Prime Elderius??” The burly man exclaimed. Shocked at his core. The rest of them equally showed their twisted expressions.

To their knowledge. Prime Eldenrius secretly went to buy vast amounts of materials and treasures. He was a well-known figure in the Central region, but one knew what he planned. To their utmost shock, he died while fighting the one who damaged his reputation and something... more special.

Who knew he would die taking revenge for some meaningless pride?

No one knew the true reason behind the rage of this figure. Small fries were oblivious to a bigger picture of hegemons who reached the level of creating their own constellations of planets.

And that was perhaps better for them, as ignorance is bliss.

Far away. On a distant dark lonely planet couple of constellations away.

Dark Death was already docked here for a few months. Soldiers were celebrating their return and successful battles.

Kong Reian was seated around a triangular formation. Surrounded by 9 globes rotating him, outside on this lifeless moon. He was sweating profusely even on this dark, cold planet. Blood flowing from his body to the ground from all his pores. This was not injury or intentionally done as well. All this blood had already stayed in the formation for a couple of days. The moon was keen on staying indifferent and unchanged. This moon looked, all the same, all the time.

His shivered body slowly fell. Energy manifested in that formation. 9 globes rotating around him shattered and the mysterious liquid fell down.

Watching it happen on some hill away from the formation. Xua was hugging her knees. Biting her nails under her mask in nervousness and mumbling.

“I swear to myself… What a true madman… Will he make it? He should… Promises...”

Years passed by, as the dust within this moon planet was indifferent to everything. Specks of new dust within the receding body of Kong Reian's continued to shiver, change, and fell from his body.

The first year moved on.

The second year was even stranger. The hardened blood from before shimmered around the strange patterns on the floor. Right around the sitting Kong Reian.

In the 4th year of this madness. The shivering body of Kong Heian stood up and walked toward the middle of the formation. Blank eyes with no life in them.

He stared into the nothingness of the space.

Formless pressure disintegrated his body into tiny particles. From his hands, legs, and all the way to his very core. These particles all fell down to the formation.

Sudden rumbling could be heard as 18 small objects of different colors, shapes, and auras. Manifesting above the formation in a matter of a few hours, from everything that went through these 4 years.

Hovering there. They instantaneously disappeared into the cosmos. Seeking unknown.
Xua slowly got up upon watching every moment that went with Kong Reian. Her face was hidden behind the mask, but her shaking body could clearly make it obvious what her feelings were.

“So it is true what you showed all those years ago?” Shu mumbled behind her mask.

She was not sure who she was talking to. Kong Heian was nowhere to be seen, and there was no one else.

“If you come back within 100 years in a whole. The universe must have its new rules. The Above can fuck themselves and never show their faces in the rage of my ancestors. Oh, sister... If only you weren't that stubborn fool...”

Twisted words of a twisted fate. Xua disappeared towards the Dark Death.

For the next decades, Dark Lunatic Kong Heian ceased his activity. His grand closure of making enemies of many figures within the Central region left just hope for them, until his return.

His 18 parts that disappeared would seek their new purpose.

1