Chapter 21: Defeated
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flame of orange and red twisted around the pillar. It went above and beyond the pillar’s reach.

Cry of panic and sadness growled in dissatisfaction. Allan’s body was bathed in flames. Fires engulfed him in a defensive manner.

Like an armor made of flames.

Attacks yet continued. Dealing with everything unconstitutionally. Wide pillar waves continued on as the armor was slowly melted away and destroyed.

Flames condensed above Allan in a form of a ball of fire. Flame streaks of light resembled in some fashion 4 human-like limbs, with no heads and a ball was its core.

Ball of fire protected and not fled. Its glowing body floated and protected Allan in the warm light. It would be shocking to Allan to see the current vision since the true appearance of the ball of fire strongly resembled the soul-fire that he had seen in his father's forge.

Storm of the wide and thick pillar-like blows pushed their way into Allan's postilion.

The ball of flame was slowly disintegrating by a sheer unknown force that was beyond the defenses it had. Its body was pushed to the limits as it was pushed towards the barely alive Allan. It struggled in vain from the effects. Strained and unwilling in its body language, it did not want to stop.

A huge pillar followed afterward. It was a final hit that cracked apart the ball of fire. It crashed into Allan. Its body flowed towards him. Red orb wanted to eat this ball as well, but it was too late. It disappeared into Allan forcefully by the push of the pillar energy, before it even had a chance to absorb its power and life.

Orb of red was slowly pushing its limits. It could not defend or spent its time inside Allan. It glowed with a sheen of blackness for the first time. There was a strange vibration force that slowly took place around Allan’s surroundings. Gravitation pulled everything towards the single entity.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Sounds of ticking could be heard. Not like heart, but not exactly wrong, either. A black globe of light surrounded Allan. Attacks from above still not stopping.

With a light sounds still hitting the globe. They bounced outside into the surroundings as if the shield was suddenly faced with weak ass arrows. There, not so far away, laid the scarred, unconscious man. He was not kept under attack. Perhaps it is a miracle that he still lives, or maybe he has some luck. In such a fierce collision. No one knew what power these attacks possessed, as everything that the beings above wanted was the destruction in Allan's surroundings. As for the surrounding destruction, it was just the cause and effect that they could not change.

The origin of the red ball was questionable, to say the least.

Pillars upon pillars of attacks continuously descend. In a blink of an eye. The black globe disappeared from its location. Like a clap of thunder from the heavens.

Nowhere to be seen.

Attacks continued to fall down but were stopping shortly after the disappearance of the black globe.

Skoll and Lord Gao were left at a loss for words as the bombardment was so strong that they had no chance but to flee far away long ago. Not glancing at anything else, they both decided to end their own battle outside of this dammed place. Perhaps no words could describe today’s encounter. No amount of information was in their minds to get any representation of sense.

“It. What in the world just happened?” Skoll thought. Allan’s scent was no longer present anywhere. His goal and everything failed. He could not finish Clayton’s request to the bitter end. He saw nothing from his own eyes, as everything was lost in the view of the destruction of otherworldly power.

“Old man! Are you willing to withdraw or not?” He shouted angrily at Lord Gao, who was not that far away. At this moment, he was probably thinking about capturing him.

Giving himself some time and being ready to roll, Skoll knew that if they fought right now, it would be hard to say who would be the winner.

Fighting on the ground was equal for the current them. One wounded more than the other, one without mount and one being one? It was a deciding factor who was smarter, not stronger.

“I will get you, no matter what. You think what I just witnessed can change my mind?”

“There is no point in arguments, nor a time for such things.”

“So it is a fight, then.” Skoll unhappily said. Drawing his fangs and retreating backward.

“You wanna run again? You seem like you have no pride in your abilities.” Lord Gao taunted him. Disadvantages were making him feel pressured by this grounded fight.

“Hmph! Attack me then!” Skoll shouted as he circled the enemy. He was not cowardly. It was just plain not stupid to not do it. Carefulness and rationality took his mind from before.

Effects that caused Allan’s circumstances and that red orb made his mind scream with chaotic thoughts. Skoll finally retained his focus. His sole purpose was to defeat this foe and see if he can get Allan's scent somewhere. He wanted to get back to his promise of freedom.

He only feared if he could. “That was probably a wide range space technique. Twisting space itself to escape. THAT red orb was harmful to Allan and wanted to take over his body? What sort of being is that? Is it even human? Or maybe some beast nucleus?” Skoll's mind was full of these questions, that even he had a small amount of information about.

Lord Gao carefully weighed his limits. “I have barely enough for 5 minutes of the full-on clash. Let’s just go for it, I guess.” Energy swirled around him once more. Layers of thick green energy from his hands reached to the sky. Forming 4 twisted javelins.

“Same attack? You seem like you know nothing else!” Skoll taunted him in return.

“This is more than enough for you. Beast!” Lord Gao said in confidence.

A fight broke up at the high speed. Skoll flashed behind the trees, around the hills, and trying to strike out his foe. He could not do so, as the defenses of Lord Gao were even tighter for some reason or another. He felt like those weapons could easily take his life if the old man wanted to, yet, he did not choose that for obvious intentions.

“I hate the feeling of being hunted by someone who can deal with me.” Skoll helplessly though. His perception of the old man showed that he was not exactly more powerful, but more skilled. He wielded his energy in a reserved manner. Defense and offense went hand to hand with his technique.

Fierce clashes went on.
.
.
High in the sky above them. With foggy red-colored clouds gone, the sky cleared once more.

The bright glow of stars and catchy field of light was high in the space. Still, it could be seen as a natural phenomenon by normal folks.

But it was anything but ordinary.

Inside this field, 2 figures were seated in this space with crisscrossed legs in this space. Floating in nothingness as they contemplated about their next move. They faced each other. The old man was frowning heavily. His wrinkles visibly deepened.

Women in front of him looked as indifferent as she could. Her eyes were shining in the blue light and tensity with terror.

“He is gone just like that. This attack… Are you sure of why it could defend against you?” She asked as she glanced heavily into the old man’s eyes.

“I expected that, actually. This was a gamble from the very start. It is of the strongest kind. His belief and resolve are clear and strong as well.” He said nonchalantly.

“I know that. I just don’t want to admit it aloud.” She sighed to herself.

“Like everyone from the Council…” The old man denounced her words

“Can you at least track him down? There must be at least something of what we can do one more time before it is too late for me.” An old man asked.

“I can. Only once, possibly more, if the situation will change. It will be rather taxing for me since the traveling as I wish is easier than forcing oneself on someone else.”

“Please. Do so.” The old man looked away warily. He watched the scenery outside and below. Their attack had some form of repercussions that were known to him and only. Yet, he decided to go for a kill until the very last moment.

“Someone is watching? What? Who is there?” He muttered inaudibly to himself. His eyes pierced the space, but he did not see anything and no one as his vision penetrated every nock and cranny in the surrounding space. His senses must have not been wrong, but he had no choice but to ignore it for now.

Lady in a white robe with gold outlines slowly rose up. Rising as twisted rivers of blue came from her body. Changing their shapes in indescribable ways until the singular object came to be around her.

A Blue globe of overwhelming power reached the space surrounding their location directly from her own being. It spread wide and clear.

Within a moment, everything went null. Sky cleared from the unnatural brightness.


Far away from their space. Twisting door to unknown space flung open. An old man with a haggard appearance looked away. Shaking his head in a helpless manner, and laughed at himself.

“There will be a new beginning. The end will go and Maker’s tools will become players.”

“I am just a spectator to this… for my path and for that boy.”

He turned in sharpness, unbecoming to him with a gaze that was strangely out of his character. Taking a glance one last time at a planet that was in his line of vision. What he did there were just a few steps and small minor pokes in the enigma of the universe. He could do so since the past, present and future were always ever-changing. Space twisted from his steps as he disappeared into nothingness.


Down below. Oblivious to the unknown beings from above. Bloodied Skoll was fighting more and more grim-looking Lord Gao. Crashes of fierce power penetrated the earth as the flow of battle took place on the ground.

Surroundings that had earlier suffered massive damages slowly calmed down. The night was already in place. Not much different from any other one in the past.

Twisted javelins pierced to the grounds. Lord Gao fell backward as he chose a retreat from his current position. He changed the directions as he faced a corridor of cliffs. One lone figure who faced off a beast. Skoll wanted to strike out as he retreated, but he failed. The old man retreated for his life.

Skoll faced him in the most serious manner of his life.

Night lights of the moons made the last duel very intense and magical, yet they had no time to marvel about such things.

“You are mine now…” Lord Gao slowly thought to himself.
Skoll took his stance as he flew in a predictable way. He was forcing himself.

To get it all right.

This old man caused his suffering and failure.

Beng!

Stone walls twisted apart. Rifts and crevices left deep wounds on them as twisting pillars of stone blocked Skoll in an incredible display of nature. Like the first time when an ambush caused their clash.

Twisting stone pillars wrapped around his body. As he charged, he went along with them, about a meter away from Lord Gao. A gust of killing intent burst from Skoll as he was so close, yet so far.

From the position of the Skoll’s entrance.

Twisted javelins flew towards him. It pierced through the stones as the javelins twisted the parts divided into thick strings of green rope. It quickly twisted around Skoll’s body as he crumbled to the ground. Stones were destroyed as well.

He was shaking uncontrollably. His unwillingness to be tied in such a manner. He was so furious to fall for such a trap. He did not want to admit that the loss was thoroughly his own fault.

Lord Gao collapsed to a seated position. His head was itching with pain and exhaustion. This fight very much made things obvious to him as well. Killing is easier than not killing. He swore to himself carefully that next time, he would think twice before engaging in such activities.

“You freaky beast… You really made things difficult for me.” Lord Gao said with an exhausted expression. Seeing the beast struggle with his chains did not ease his mind much.

“Ughgghghghhhh Release me, you dying old man!!” Skoll shouted in anger.

“This won’t do. You are mine from now on… Huehehehe” Lord Gao laughed uncontrollably.

“I am no one’s and I will serve no one! Do you think you can make me forcefully make me your pet? Dream on!” Skoll barked at him. It wasn’t just unwillingness. He was unable to force himself to do such things until he solved Clayton’s offer or got another one.

“Oh... That is true. Restrictions are flowing in your heart. That boy. What was that about? I will probably ask Meng about it. You seem like you won’t answer anyway.” Lord Gao came to his decision.

“Even then. There won’t be anything else you can do to me. Do you dare to kill me?” Skoll threatened the old man. He was a little apprehensive about his intentions.

“I would rather not to. But, If I had to…” Lord Gao hinted at his words. He knew that this was probably not easier or the best deal he could have done. He was quite unsure if this beast would even be willing or not to serve. It was just the correct way to do this whole situation. Being true to himself, he will await what will come.

“I will somehow deal with your previous contractor…” Lord Gao said with no worry. He did not know the full details of this mess. Add another complication, as he made himself part of it. It all went downhill and his injuries do not even need to be counted.

0