Chapter 48: Are you willing?
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed, and 36 became accustomed to the time that passed here. There was only silence, and himself, who was lost in a possibilities about all sorts of techniques.

It was not about him like he used to think in the past. There was more to it. He did not know if this was something that was meant to be. It was both punishment for himself and a chance for him and Allan.

After what seemed like months. He finally leaned backward and took a deep sigh. Not like he breathed air. He was not alive per se, nor dead.

“It is done. No time to be lost in this mess any longer. This path is the best for not only him, but for others like him. It is no longer just for show. Hmmm. Yes. Yes. Yes.” 36 agreed three times to himself.

“I fear what is within this teaching method will be something that they would find troublesome and treacherous for their way of doing things.”

“Bah! WHY should I care? Heheheh. All of this is within my rights and teaching materials. I just overlapped some techniques and changed it up in order. Overwriting some redundant principles that would be useless to Allan.”

“This could truly be called The True technique of the Body. Heh... Funny that someone who doesn’t come from this pathway made such words from what appeared to be a mess of a diary.”

Suddenly. Dropping sounds penetrated the walls around his room. A gust of wind appeared around 36’s body who was surprised even when this wasn’t his first time experiencing it.

“What? Aaaaooohhh! Fuuuuuuuaaack.” He was sucked into a vortex. His vision became unclear and his mind weakened. Before he knew it, he was watching in a stationary and colorless manner in the ordinary-looking living room.

“Huh. I almost forgot. I swear to bloody demons... This time dilution is bad for my mental health. Just a little of time for them is so long for me.”

“Hello, mister 36. Hello, 36.” Allan and Sarey greeted him with great expectations in their voices. It was hard to say why Sarey was that excited as well. This was not for her, but she couldn’t help herself. On the other hand, Allan was so nervous about his lack of vision that he couldn’t even expect what was about to come. His will was firm and decisive. He would not back off from this, as he had so much to do. Not only for himself but for people who were dear to him.

“Huh?! You both look quite eager. I thought you would be more fearful. Worlds, what I know, are something that children of mortal worlds should find beyond their senses. Some fear is standard to feel.”

“Stop exaggerating. I am just curious. That is all. Besides, you are not even here because of me, but you will tell me all that I can ask. That is worth being excited about.” Sarey gives some basic excuses to feel better about herself.

“Whatever, girl... you will be my end someday.” 36 said helplessly.

“Don’t you find it strange how I ordered you to go back?” Sarey bluntly asked. It seemed 36 had already forgotten about it. She did not know why or if it was even something that she need to know the answer to. Questions are just a free thing, so why not just ask about them in mind?

“I don’t know. I don’t want to know. Still better than not being able to leave. Allan should try it as well. Maybe it’s about how you find the book as well. I do not know how this all works, so don’t ask me questions I don't know answers to.”

“I have no idea what you don’t know.” Sarey barked at him without hesitation.

“Calm down, Sarey. Not like it is something that needs to be known. Don’t look at the sources of the gifts. It could lead to disappointment or something else. Considering this book, it is better to be left alone.”

“Fine Allan. If you say so.” Sarey gave up on trying as fast as she asked before.

“That is true. Both of you. Being cautious is a trait of a good fighter.”

“What is this? Why it’s about fighting again? Is this all that immortals need to know?” Allan asked.

“Yes? Don't mortals wage wars against each other constantly? Imagine what sort of stuff happens where immortals are fighting against each other. Hehehe. At least what you are about to learn and what this diary is about is rather strange within its complexity. I discovered certain possibilities and ways which are rather interesting. I will teach them to you slowly. Nothing much and nothing else.”

“Are there some non-fighting techniques?” Sarey asked in curiosity.

“This? Calm down, girl. There are, but let this be for now. You will have plenty of chances to ask me in the future. There is only so much you can ask, as I am not that knowledgeable. Too bad for you. Heheheheh.” 36 laughed in confidence.

“Hmph!” She stomped to the ground in frustration.

“Mister 36. I think you know what I want.”

“I do not. But I found a path for you. Something that could help you out.”

“Even my eyes?”

“Not now. Perhaps in the future, if you will work towards it. Having a goal is one of the crucial parts of your case. Without your eyes, I had to come up with the best method. It was difficult.”

“I have no idea what is needed to know. Even before I began, I would like to know more about the world of this diary. Can you give me some basics and what you need me to know?”

“Are you sure?”

“I made up my mind. I will do my best.”

“Even your best may not be enough. You need to best your best. Hmmm. For the time being, you need to realize one single fact. It is all about your body. No need to worry about some energy stuff that you may read about in some books or made-up stories. It may all sound very simple and honest, but many people who embarked on these paths end up with dissatisfaction with their decisions. It is known to be an underwhelming one. A level beyond the energy, because it is no manifestation of the outside, or nature itself. It all comes down to a single individual and their power. It is also not a pathway where people look down on them. They have some sense of respect within every world.”

“Why so?”

“Think about it. Energy manifestation is something that not everyone can do. Finding Spark within yourself can be done only with outstanding talent and resources.”

“What resources? Is there some way to force it? Somebody who can forcefully awaken the Spark and let the energy flow?” Allan asked as he knew little pieces of information about the Spark itself.

“Flow? That is not a bad way to put it. Have you ever seen an energy user?”

“Yes. It was very beautiful.”

“And deadly. It is known by many that every individual with enough power will want more. There are limits to everything, so you need to know it sooner than later. What I am about to teach you are fundamental techniques to stretch your whole body. There are multiple ways you can look at it. What do you think are the most important things about your body that need to be taken care of?” 36 asked while going around the words. Not speaking directly to the topic, while changing them quickly as well.

“Most important? I think something that we can’t live without.” Allan answered calmly and fast. It went deep within his core. His experience within The Underworld made him aware of that.

“Not wrong. Life is, after all, the body itself. The body can’t live without life. These ideas came from countless ages ago. From the deep regions of the universe of the first human civilizations.What you need is to strengthen your body and life itself. Made it robust and unmoving. It won’t separate from you after that.”

“What needs to be done? My body went through something that I am not even aware of, but I survived.”

“You were barely alive when we found you, Allan.” Sarey added. Otherwise, she was listening without disturbing them.

“My life is tough. It seems like that, at least.” Allan thought her choice of words was rather interesting. Without her knowing, she unwillingly made Allan aware of something. Death and his return were quite shocking for him to think about, but since he returned and seemed like he looked dead even after his return, it had some weird implications that he couldn’t figure out. It was perhaps something more mentally strange and mysterious.

“That is a good sign.” 36 said after listening to them.

“What is needed to start?”

“Preparation and your will. It will be very time-consuming at the beginning, but I think it will be worth it. This is a beginner section that will last you for about a month. Have you ever exercised? It will be very similar, but much harder.”

“A few pages of paper appeared beneath Allan. They were the pages that 36 managed to write, that was the beginning of his path.”

“Sarey, there is only so much I can do with this limited time, so I will need you to read this to him and make sure he works according to it. How about it?”

“I told you already. I will help him with my free will. Even if you asked me not to help him, I would.” Sarey said with conviction unbeknown to such a young girl.

Allan just smiled upon hearing her like this. He wondered what kind of girl would look like this? Cheerful, naïve, serious, and confident. He never knew someone like that, but unwillingly liked her very much and was very grateful to her. Whatever he deserved, he couldn't give anything back. He had nothing on his person. Without his eyes, he was like a fish without a pond.

“Good. GOOD. There is no point in learning anything else, for now. Allan needs the basics and a strengthened body first. Afterward, in a few months will begin major factors, while I will constantly figure out possibilities if I did something wrong, or if other changes will come. I will try to adjust the sections and potential problems that can cause some problems for him. If you have some questions, you can summon me whenever you want. You don’t have to do it every day. I won’t run away, nor will you.”

“Alright. I will make sure I will read him these pages. There are also some illustrations, so he will have to do them like them?”

“Yes. It is very basic, so it will be easier now.”

“Alright. I wish I could see you, mister 36. Although I did not like you when I met you for the first time, I trust that you have good intentions.”

“Heh. Kiddos. I want to save my life too. Don’t overthink this. If you have anything, you can chase me out.”

“Leave! Now!” Sarey said in a clear voice.

A gust of wind shot from the book in Allan’s hands and twisted light enveloped the figurine in a few moments. He was gone like that.
Pages were still in Sarey’s hands.

“Hmmm. There seem to be some restrictions on what he could give us before we summon him back into the book. Earlier I read that book, it disappeared alongside him. I wonder if he can give us something in return more often when we summon him like this?”

“Does it matter too much?” Allan asked.

“No. I just tried to figure it out now. Want to try some exercise?” Sarey glanced at the pages with some expectations.

0