Chapter 55: Body and the task
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
36 managed to do just that, which would not a whole lot of people even consider.
 
Something that few immortals would even accomplish in their vast lifetimes.
 
A lot of immortals upon choosing their paths would dream about their own techniques. In a way to know exactly the pros and cons of their future, they dream about the perfect ways they could achieve absolute efficiency.
 
There were a lot of rules when it come to it. Stages, progression, cycle, moves, support techniques, usage of external items, one’s body, and more.
 
This was an ever-changing world of immortal pathways. If there was someone who would call himself all-knowing. Practicing or knowing every single technique there is, he would be considered a madman without question.
 
36 was sucked into the world of botany, pills, materials, ecology, fauna, and many more. He was just glancing at the turning pages. Looking for something specific that would be of use for Allan was the main thing. If he could, he wouldn’t hesitate to try this out, rather than other more dangerous methods.
 
Using nature itself and world resources was something natural to do. But, there was always someone who would ask, where would a natural way end? All that is within the plane? Correct. Beyond the planet? Asteroids with no life but, sometimes with remains of some life? What could be considered natural was relative.
 
Of course, 36 could not care less about any of this. His option was relatively easy, but hard to pull off. Everything needed to be focused together in a seamless fashion.
 
The very same thing could be said about the techniques and path that he prepared for Allan. It could very well kick him in the ass in the future if anything wrong would happen.
 
It was also fair to say that 36 was unfamiliar with this path, and the problem he was currently experiencing. In the past, he used some pills for recovery and progression, but only when he needed to. Some had mild effects, while others can extend other effects. Overlapping with each other for otherworldly effects.
 
It was a kind of wordplay. Drug enchantments followed to a full-blown opportunity to reach a higher level of cultivation. Just from the pills alone. 36 was not looking for anything like that. Be it the drug or the other.
 
He has no need for these. To make a pill, there was no way around it in mortal worlds. If there is a way, there could be some already made pills here. Knowledge of them could have ended here from the treasures or travels of immortals. That or through some transactions or branching paths of some merchants. It all depended on the standing of the planet and the source of the planet itself.
 
Some mortals could be lucky and manage to obtain treasures from long-dead immortals. But such cases were one in a river of stars in the vast starry sky.
 
What he was looking for was a more rough-looking outline of the method of medicines. Something that would give Allan a better chance in the future training. 36 discovered it to be quite hard. He knew there were some lesser versions of herbs with enough energy and vitality. Influenced by the nature, and strong medicinal effects on precious time and energy.
 
They could be available in mortal worlds, but their effects were pretty much useless. Any immortal alchemist would not look at them in the mortal world. And since the knowledge of alchemy is not in the mortal lands, no one paid much attention to materials either. Possibly some old hags who had too much time in their lives, or scholars who were simply curious about them.
 
“There it is! Grease Grassroots, Fiery Tulip, and lesser version of Spirit Grass.” 36 shouted while piercing his gaze to the pages in front of him.
 
“These should be enough for some herbal paste, baths, and some recovery bandages. Pills made from them are possible, but conducting them... That is impossible in the current situation.”
 
36 was finally satisfied. He no longer felt the fear from before. He was a prisoner, waiting for nothing but freedom.
 
He decided to do some meditation after being in a mindful frenzy for the past few days. He needed to recover his mind and not worry about anything else.
 
Like this, a few weeks were gone. There were no extraordinary occurrences.
 
Before he knew it, 36 was sucked into the light. This time, he was calm.
 
Thud.
 
A wooden figurine fell from the flat-looking portal.
 
This time, he was met with an unfamiliar room with faces he knew. I
 
n chairs were seated, Allan and Sarey. Both of them looked calm, apart from Allan, who was treating his palm. On his left hand was a so familiar book with a brown leather cover.
 
“Greetings mister 36.”
 
“You look the same as ever, kids.”
 
“You don’t. Did something happen?” Sarey asked.
 
“You can tell? I won’t tell you unless I will manage to get you everything I want first. How many days was it since my last summon?”
 
“11 days.” Allan answered honestly. He couldn’t tell 36’s face or appearance. He could tell that he sounded different from the past, and even Sarey was aware of that. To his surprise, if he had his eyes, he would see a still-looking wooden figurine with a cloth across its face.
 
“Good. How was your progress? I thought you would need my help much earlier.”
 
“It went smooth, mister 36. I managed the push-ups, pull-ups, and running to your last standards.” Allan said. He left out Sarey’s shenanigans for himself. She never left out her nagging and attacking.
 
Allan was already used to it after the first 8 days. For the last 3, she was consistently defeated and left him alone for the most parts. She considered stronger attacks to test his skills even more. Like bow, pole, or spear. At the end of it, she let it go for another opportunity.
 
Allan never knew what was on her mind, and her sudden attacks were effective for quite some time. It focused his mind in a way, that 36 would not otherwise think.
 
After some familiarity with his exercises, he never once stopped. Thinking about his home, filled his mind with hope and strength.
 
He wished to know more, but he managed to calm his curiosity. There was not a right time to further question his identity to Sarey and Zigmund. He had a hunch. It was all possible that he was not of this world. Yet, how could he leave this world? He did not know.
 
“Good. Keep it up at this pace for another few days, but manage the pace well. The faster the better. After one more week. You will start with something new. In the meantime, I have a big task for you, Sarey. I hope you won’t argue about this.” 36 explained.
 
“Really? I will do my best.”
 
“This is a list of ingredients I wish for. It is a lesser version of recovering medicine. It will help out Allan in the future.”
 
A piece of paper floated through the small crevice in the figurine. Sarey grabbed it with great interest. If he doubted her, there was no point in not going all out with her spirit.
 
“Huh? I know only two of these. Fiery Tulip is not something I know.”
 
“That, in itself, is good news. Fiery Tulip is from the desert regions. Some mortal worlds have then, while others don't.” 36 added.
 
“I understand. I will see what I can do... What is it for?”
 
“Allan’s recovery obviously. It should be 3 times better than the natural recovery of the human body.”
 
“I heal fine,” Allan argued, upon hearing the talk about recovery.
 
“You will see. Try your best to strengthen your body. I will be generous today and tell you a few points of interest. Body forging is the first thing that comes to mind. The second is Bone forging, and the third is Blood forging. 4 and 5 are combinations of what you need these 3 for. It will be very taxing for your body and will take you a few years to reach it. I guess, depending on...”
 
“You guess? Didn’t you make some sort of plan for Allan?” Sarey said with sudden uncertainty in 36's voice.
 
“You are damn right, but there are no perfect chances in the world. I wish you would know more. Allan chose something that I made after a long time of figuring out the best way to help a mortal. I think I did my best, but I am constantly figuring out the newer methods which could be useful. It is very frustrating.”
 
“Alright. What are some future problems I need to know?” Allan asked while noticing the stomping sound from Sarey's direction.
 
“Time is important. I don’t know what sort of progress you will have. Considering your lack of vision, it shouldn’t be good.”
 
“Are you underestimating Allan?” Sarey asked seriously.
 
“I am realistic. That is normal. Not a lot of people are compatible with body forging. Some more, some less.”
 
“No need to be worried. Both of you. I will do my best. What if I will fail? I could only blame myself and my fate.” Allan said, without changing his expression.
 
“I am surprised by your positivity. This path is not so easy. If you think so, you will be very sorry.”
 
“Then what do you want from me? Do you think this book fell into my hands because I wanted to?”
 
“Perhaps. I do not know why or how you got this. Fact is, you decided to walk on this path.”
 
“I did and I will.”
 
“Good. What else can you do other than retain your pace within these first pages? I discovered something else within this book that could be very helpful. Just recently so give me a time, and change would come with enough time.”
 
“Girl, is there some sort of pill-making or alchemy in your nation or surrounding regions?”
 
“Pills? I doubt you mean the normal kind. I don’t know, but I will ask around.”
 
“Good.”
 
“You seem much more healthy than before Allan. For the next time, think about means of combat. Consider your blindness and try to figure something out.”
 
“Why?” Allan asked in curiosity.
 
“Because it is something that you need to understand before the first year.”
 
“So 1st examination consists of combat?” Allan asked while comprehending a small understanding of it from his words.
 
“Pretty much. What do you think this pathway is for? The body is the marvel of the universe. There are so many creatures, beasts, demons, and all sorts of sentient beings. Humans are by far the most versatile, but can lack certain aspects of others.”
 
“I don’t care about other creatures. My body is my own. I will try what I can do since I have some basic knowledge when it comes to fighting. I am a son of a blacksmith master after all.”
 
“What? Are you sure? Blacksmithing is very respected where I am from. Although it is probably very different from yours.”
 
“I guess.” Allan did not want to further said anything about his father. So what if he is an energy user? Maybe his knowledge of his spying would be useful, but it was his secret. He did not know if his diary was something Sarey or Zigmund read.
 
36 paused for some moments in thought.
 
“How much do you know about blacksmithing? Did your father teach you?” He asked after some time.
 
“What does it matter now?” Allan asked.
 
“Not much, I suppose. Never mind, we will talk about it at another time.”
 
“Alright, I was fairly good at our city’s standards. I made even some money.”
 
“But you did ask if you could return to blacksmithing in the past, didn’t you?” Sarey suddenly asked, while interrupting their discussion.
 
“Uhm... Yes.” Allan reluctantly said. He didn’t want to say too much. Sarey’s curiosity betrayed him.
 
“Go on. If it doesn’t bother you in your practice, there shouldn’t be a problem.” She added. Her skill in reading the atmosphere was not that great.
0