Chapter 57: Unexpected development
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Allan's anger quickly dissipated, as the 36 was obviously making fun of him. He wasn't that kind of person to spend too much time in any kind of outrage.
 
“What kind of a person does he thinks I am? Is he that crazy to play with my emotions?” He muttered before leaning on his bed. His arms lay by his side.
 
He wondered what the deal with 36 was. Did the whole deal occur because he wanted to anger Allan intentionally? Perhaps, it was for the sake to make him tell more. When a person is in emotional distress, they will generally act more out of their reach. It was also harder to control oneself, and Allan recognized that.
 
In truth,Allan did not find it that problematic. He wasn't that kind of person to be lost in his emotions. One of his father's lessons was about that in particular.
 
Also, lacking emotions was not a good thing either. Suppressing them, eating them up, letting them stack on top of each other, it was terrible. Naturally, emotions are normal daily occurrences. When one feels anger, excitement, happiness, grief, and other emotions, they would show it. Allan always thought that being true to oneself was something important. Clayton's lesson agreed with his belief.
 
“What a lunatic. I will make sure to pay him back next time.” Allan muttered.
 
“Hey! Sarey, you can come back inside.” Allan shouted.
 
Sarey shook as she heard it right beside the door. She remained motionless and tried her best to remain calm heartbeats.
 
Remaining motionless, she tried to come up with the best course of action.
 
“Is she gone? Did I anger her too much?” Allan got up and tried to reach the door. Putting his hand in front of him, he walked in a direction of the door. He already knew some of the surrounding stuff, because this room was not that big, to begin with. His blindness would not limit him.
 
Sarey grabbed the door handle and shoved the door open. She placed herself into the open door space before Allan would pay it any attention.
 
A gust of wind shoved into Allan's face.
 
“What? Are you done already?” Sarey said calmly. Her appearance was quite flustered right now. It was a good thing Allan couldn't see her. He would find it not normal at all.
 
“Uhm... for now. Are you upset?” He asked.
 
“I don't care. You seem angrier yourself.” Sarey said after calming her voice down. Her little spying was something that she thought was not that good of an idea after all this listening.
 
“Me? Angry? Not at all.” Allan said, with an unnatural demeanor. It was clear that he was lying about it, yet he did not realize it.
 
“Whatever, it is between you and 36. If you feel like talking about it to me. You can. I have trust in you.” Sarey said honestly.
 
“I... I will. One day. For now. I will go for my goal. I have not even a year to get myself into good shape. Both mentally and physically.”
 
“You will do great, I know it.” Sarey optimistically said.
 
“Practise is not an issue. If what you told me a few days ago is correct. The pace is not that steep. I will manage it even with some spars you mentioned. Blacksmithing work will happen every so often to pay you back.”
 
Sarey wanted to talk back to his resolution stopped her. She gave up on trying to stop him without influencing him any longer.
 
“I will help you as best as I can.” She said in a similar resolution.
 
“Why?” Allan once again asked for a reason.
 
“Why not? Kindness is not something that can be bought with money. And as you said. You will pay it back, won't you?”
 
“Hehehe. Sure.” Allan chuckled. Her words left him with reassurance that he could fully trust her. With his life and perhaps with some secrets in the future.
 
“Rest for now Allan. Tomorrow will be another day of hard work.”
 
Sarey then walked out of his room. She paused after closing the door. Her mind was still racing through her little idea.
 
“Did he know or not? Hmmm.” Sarey murmured. She walked to the kitchen after taking this issue to the heart. Allan did not make it obvious, so she did not know.
 
In the kitchen was Zigmund who was slicing into some animal's carcass. He likes to cook his own meal on some occasions. He was an owner of a rather deep forest after all.
 
“Oh Sarey, How is it going?” He randomly said as he chopped up the meat.
 
“Good. How is it going with Allan's request?”
 
“Tomorrow morning. Few merchants will get all the stuff here. There's shouldn't be an issue with storing them in our side building.”
 
“Thank you.” Sarey found this rather surprising to see him so nice. For once.
 
“Oh no, I am paying back what I need to. If he knows some decency, he will pay back our kindness.”
 
“You sound really awful right now.” Sarey said honestly.
 
“Am I? I think I am generous enough to provide him with everything. He does not need to do anything.” Zigmund argued in surprise.
 
“Nevermind then.” Sarey sighed in helplessness.
 
“Do you need something else?” Zigmund looked at his daughter while going through some questing in his heart as well.
 
“Well, since you are asking. Can you help hire a combat instructor? You surely know a few.”
 
“What for?”
 
“Does it matter? I will pay him or her from my own pocket.” Sarey replied resolutely, as he walked closer to her father.
 
“If you pay up yourself, you should find the instructor yourself.” Zigmund said calmly, without changing his expression.
 
“Hmph! What is it today with helpful people? Did the world turn upside down? I fear the end of the world is near.” Sarey thought to herself in irony.
 
Firstly, she has seen and heard the conversation with Allan and 36, which ended in a wild manner. She did not know what she should take from such an exchange. At least she learned something about Allan, but it was not exactly important after she heard it all. Now, her father was acting like this as well. It was quite upsetting to her.
 
She walked away as she did not want to deal with him any longer.
 
“What? Is it for Allan?” Zigmund asked after seeing her reaction like that.
 
“So what if it is? Do you think I can do everything there is? I am a 15-year-old girl, you know?”
 
“Yea, but you are my daughter. Fine. Fine. If you are so upset about this. How about this? I can be your instructor. If it's for him, I could get to know him better. And if he is going to spend some time with my daughter, I will not be that kind to refuse such an offer.”
 
“W-w-what? You? Ehm... I thought you have some work... or something... Weren't you against this?”
 
“Yea, but not this. This will be some fun for me. Hehehe.” Zigmund laughed in delight.
 
Sarey was frozen on the spot. She didn't know what kind of work she unleashed. There was no point in refusing him, since he was somebody with a fair amount of experience. She knows about it herself.
 
“What? Do you think I am not enough to handle a blind boy?” Zigmund asked in a clear voice.
 
“N-no. Sure. I don't think he will mind that, but don't be too brutal.” Sarey agreed to his demand. Although, rather reluctantly.
 
“Combat is brutal, deal with it. You know it.” He said back.
 
“I regret you teaching me,” Sarey gave him her final words as she finally left the kitchen.
 
“Heh! What a good day. I did not expect her to ask like that. So, the boy wants to learn combat, or be someone proficient in combat in general? I wonder which is it.” He muttered in a good mood.
 
Sarey left to her room. She felt tired mentally from dealing with the last hour.
 
“I hope things will go well... I hate it when they don't. There is nothing much to do than hope that father will not be as I remember.” Sarey signed to herself.
 
Unbeknown to her, a series of brand-new opportunities will be unleased. involving her father. Zigmund's involvement will be interesting and exhausting for a lot of reasons. Both for Allan, and to some extent to her as well.
 
In the dark, where the light was not something common. The ship that was drifting through this region was the same as usual and with no changes.
 
Inside, in a regular room, number 36 appeared from the lighting vortex in the ceiling. His ghostly body materialized and floated in the room.
 
“Phew. Back here again... What a ride this was. Heheheh.” He started to madly laugh.
 
“This was a nice change of mood. Very good. I swear this space is not a good place to spend a prolonged period of time. Being numb to everything in that prison was better.”
 
36 ghostly body floated in the air while he examined himself.
 
“Still, this body is not that bad. Much better than being a confined wooden figurine. Heh. So Allan's dad was somewhat important? Somewhat... I do not know where he came from or how he gained such treasure. At least, I am glad I teased Allan that much. He told me quite a lot more than I thought. He is still a kid. I don't even remember how old is he. If he even told me.”
 
“Whatever, this changes nothing whatsoever. His father may have some sense of energy, but I have no idea to what extent or stage. It all comes down to whether Allan got some talent from him.” 36 fell into deep thoughts. He considered some things and gave up on others.
 
“Wait, what if I use this space? Last time I got that alchemy book.”
 
“Hey! I wish to acquire a book about the history of the Shire realm.” 36 randomly thought of something and shouted out loud.
 
In a moment. Voice spread from everywhere.
 
“Insufficient information. Need to further express the question.”
 
“HA! I knew it. I wish to know who you are and what kind of information I can ask you.”
 
“Questions about my person are prohibited. I am just a humble Wisher. Provider of information and helper of those who accomplished the bare challenge of the Diary of the Body. Questions include techniques and knowledge of all kinds. Specifics are needed.” An unknown voice spread in the room.
 
“Nice. It seems there is some error. I shouldn't be getting this sort of response yet. But, I shouldn't look at why. This is good.” 36 thought to himself.
 
“What are the requirements for questions?”
 
“Depending on sort of questions, I will strip years from the one who asked.”
 
“You won't strip me of the years now?”
 
“Correct. Certain questions and answers don't require any price.”
 
“Good. Good. Is there a way to provide a physical object to my student?” 36 asked.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Uh...Could you be more specific?” 35 asked as he find this voice rather dumb.
 
“Depending on the list of requirements. The teacher can provide their student with their path according to their choosing. This list includes materials of all kinds and weapons. Techniques of other schools, and energy manuals.”
 
“What?! How to get them?” 36 frantically asked.
0