Chapter 59: Generosity amidst the sincerity
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Allan felt it was more of a gut feeling than anything else. Afterward, he begin a kind of meditation which was something his father taught him at an early age.
 
It wasn't something he liked to do initially, but whatever he was feeling frustrated, he could try calming himself down with some breathing exercises and calm posture. It was very rare for him to give it a go in the past since he never needed it before.
 
Yet, he found it rather fitting in his current state. His frustrations of losing his eyes were not something he wished for, but it was more of an uneasiness that he sometimes felt.
 
If he at least knew the reasons behind his sudden near-death experience, he would be calmer about it. All he could do was guess, try to forget, or do something against the harsh present problems.
 
Maybe it was that scarred man that went insane and caused him stress and trauma. Allan remembered very much what he did to him before he fell unconscious. He could not forget his laugh, words, posture, and smug face.
 
Other than that, there was also that mysterious image of red light that he was completely oblivious to. He could not imagine or think whether or not he saw things. Perhaps it was a call of The Underworld. He did not know or understand it completely,
 
It all came down to him, experiencing a weird state of half death. That space region and his other body. He will also never forget it. It was way too strange. For him, to see himself floating from himself was the last image before he disappeared into the darkness once again, amidst the strange feeling of insane pain. It left a deep impression on him and never left his mind.
 
Allan slowly stretched his arms into the air.
 
He could feel the tip of his fingers in the air. He imagined what he looked like at the moment. Visualization of his appearance and posture as well as a stance with a sword in hand. Going through the small episodes of his father's training, he recalled what he learned from that time. He never knew he would ever need it like this.
 
Allan was that type of person, when in need, he could go all-in with his work ethic. There was nothing that could stop him. It was all questions of his belief, but they would come secondary. For example, his current position with 36 and the immortal pathways that went along with it.
 
“If I have to, I will become an immortal. Whenever it will be enough or not to see my father again... I will go even beyond that!” Allan clenched his fist with firm resolve. A barrier in his mind that he never wanted to admit was gone. He established the earliest mental capacity in vast immortal pathways. This was the very beginning for him. An emotional start.
 
Smallest step possible, but having a firm belief in oneself, confidence, and a free mind, was something that not everyone had. Be it in vast planes of the immortal worlds, or villages in outskirt regions of mortal cities.
 
Finally deciding to rest for the night, he put a blanket around himself and tried to fall asleep. After a long time, he succeeded. Even a few hours would be enough for him.
 
In the morning. Sun steadily rose from the horizon. Same as usual.
 
Bang! Bang!
 
Allan suddenly woke to the sounds of someone banging at his door.
 
“Allan, I prepared some food in the kitchen. I will go to the town in a bit, so I left it on the table. You will be left alone for this morning and even lunch, so take care of yourself and don't do something crazy.” Sarey's voice sounded beyond the door.
 
“Uhhh... Alright. Alright. Thank you for telling me.” Allan said, half asleep, nevertheless, awaken. Not happy that she woke him up after finally getting some sleep.
 
“Alright, see you later.” She said as her steps echoed into the distance.
 
“How unfortunate. I finally got some sleep and she had some work to do. What will I do? No, I should not think like this. Figuring the much more needed independence is a better idea. I already know some basic movements around the house. I will start performing some movement techniques which father taught me. Figuring out a way to move better is much more important. Since I can finish my exercise in a matter of hours now. Focusing on other things will ease my mind.” Allan decided to himself.
 
There was no point in getting impatient, after all. The body needs some rest when doing too much of the same thing is not the best either. That is at least the premise of what he learned from his father.
 
It took him quite a long time before he resumed his training.
 
Meanwhile, Sarey was walking along the well-kept road. It was one of the many paths that led to a bigger town in the surrounding mountains and plains. Griontesee city. Zigmund's home was standing a few kilometers from it. Surrounded by a deep forest in the north.
 
In a few dozens of minutes of walk, Sarey finally sees the tough-looking town walls once again.
 
“It has been a while since I've been here. I hope my teacher will be available.” She thought to herself.
 
She came here for the main purpose of finding more information about the materials that 36 asked for. There were two particular locations where there could be some information about them. She figured the visit to her teacher Terg, would feel more productive to be done first.
 
The streets were bustling as always, but not as much as the last time. On regular days, families, adventures, mercenaries, and merchants were scattered throughout the paths and streets. Sarey soon reached an ordinary-looking residential building that she had not visited in a while.
 
Walking inside for a couple more minutes, she reached out to a door in one hallway.
 
They opened in a few moments, and Triston appeared.
 
“Oh? Good day to you, Sarey? What can I do for you this time?” He said in a calm tone.
 
”I don't come here whenever I need something...” She mumbled.
 
“What?” He asked in wonder with a smile on his youthful face.
 
“Alright, you got me there. I want to know if your or teacher knows some things about these materials.” Sarey said as she handled a piece of paper to Triston.
 
“As expected. The teacher is resting at the moment, but he is available. Let me take a look first.” He took it from her hand and folded it so he could read it.
 
“Hmmm. I see no problem with getting all of these. What do you need them for?” Triston asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
“ Really? I need them for the treatment. The boy from that time is getting well. I wish to purchase it just in case. They are pretty good medicinal ingredients.”
 
“Good? They are quite restricted and used by special military departments. Not your regular soldier has access to these.” Triston said with a frown on his face.
 
“Does it matter?” She asked with confidence, unbecoming for her appearance.
 
“Yes! It does. Where did you even learn this from?” He asked in curiousity.
 
“Then, where did you learn it yourself, mister Triston? You even know where to get it?” Sarey asked in seriousness.
 
“As a scholar, I can learn a lot more than you think.” Triston smugly announced.
 
“How much then?” She asked.
 
“Heh! It is not about money clever girl. I just wanted to tease you a little. Talk to the master first. It has been a while since your last visit.”
 
“Hmph! I don't think I will be coming here any longer.”
 
“That is fine too. I am glad to be your friend.”
 
Sarey stepped inside and walked into a small room with a figure dressed in a grey robe. Terg was sitting cross-legged on the floor, with unnatural calmness and air around him.
 
“Greetings master.” Sarey politely bowed before she took a seat across from him on the floor.
 
“You seem different from before. Is there something on your mind that is different as well?” The old man asked in a hoarse voice.
 
“Nothing much. Life goes as always. I am here for some business and perhaps to say my final thanks. ”
 
The old man frowned and a piece of paper from earlier floated from the other room into his palm. Terng heard the conversation in the room with ease.
 
“Fiery Tulip? I have some with me as well as the other two materials. Take it as a gift to the end of your studies with me. Not like I taught you much. You were, unfortunately, not meant to become my official disciple, so take it or leave it.”
 
“I am incredibly thankful for your kindness. I learned a lot from you about the world and subjects I did not have access to. Is there something I can give you as well?” Sarey took a deep bow to the floor, with happiness and slight sadness in her voice.
 
“What is an energy to you?” He asked seriously.
 
“Something exciting. Matter which is spread from everything under the heaven.” She answered with a bright smile on her face under her bow.
 
“Same answer as usual... I hope you will grow up well. There will be a time soon when I will leave this region. Time is getting more and more on the edge. I think there won't be much of a leisure time as before.”
 
“What do you mean, master?” She asked.
 
“War.” Triston appeared behind her.
 
“What sort of war? Is not Tricloud alliance a safe place without them?”
 
“Yes, and no. The Tricloud region in itself is peaceful for the regular folks, but not always so peaceful in the political spectrum. Last year was full of conflicts within some schools.” Terg answered.
 
“I didn't know that...” She reluctantly said.
 
“You didn't ask, nor it was something that you would need to know about. Also, we don't find it fitting to worry you.” Triston said.
 
“There is also one big reason for this. The timeless Kingdom has begun to move.”
 
“Timeless Kingdom? One from the south all the way to the north?” Sarey returned from her bow and looked at Terg who had spoken.
 
“Yes. I hope you will be safe. Your father is a cautious person, so he will protect you.”
 
“I...I am not afraid...” Sarey said with some difficulty. She did not expect to get this kind of information. It was not something she wished for.
 
“Whatever will happen, will happen. Triston, have you prepared the box?” Terg asked.
 
“Yes. Rations of all 3 ingredients that we had in storage. Whatever you will do with them is up to you. I will leave with the master, so we will probably not meet anytime soon.”
 
“T-thank you. Thank you, master!” She bowed deeply one last time before both of them, thankfully and sincerely.
 
“Anything else you want to tell us?” The old man asked with some hidden meaning.
 
“No. I will never regret the teaching that you gave me. I will be on my way. Your teachings will never disappear from my mind, I swear.” She got up with resolve. So what if the war is around the corner? The Tricloud region is a very vast place. No matter what, years would pass with little change in the conflicts of war around the big borders.
 
She then took the box with both hands from smiling Triston and, with a bow, left their home.
0