Gathering Information
5.9k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laying on my mother, I can not really start training to move around so, I decide to start training my eyesight. I begin looking around at objects in the room, trying to focus my eyes on them.

 

Following an hour of training my eyesight, I hear the system notify me.

 

[Ding! Preception stat +0.1]

 

I am shocked by the sudden announcement but realize that it is to be expected as it is called the Omni-Gaming System. I am happy that my training paid off so quickly. But, I have no idea what a 0.1 increase means.

 

"System, show me my stats," I demand in my mind.

 

[Status- 

Name: Ash Davis Level:1    Species: Human

HP:10 MP:0

Str:1 Agi:1 Con:1

Int:7.8 Wis:7 Per:1.1

Dex:1 Luck:5 Chr:7.7]

 

"What is the average for adults?" I inquired.

 

[The average for an adult human is about five except for health, mana and, luck. Health and mana vary too wildly to give a fair standard and, most people's luck stays at one their whole lives.]

 

I guess that means that I am smarter than an ordinary person. I am pleased to know that I am intelligent, but I need to get back to training.

 

Just as I am about to get back to training, my mother carries me back to the bassinet, places me inside, then brings the bassinet into the living room. I then listen to her walk off into another room. Now that I am no longer laying on my mother, I decide to quit doing the eye exercises and do muscle training instead.

 

I begin by trying to move my head around. I shift it left and right for several minutes with great difficulty. After doing head exercises for 30 minutes, I switch to exercising my lower body. Right as I am about to start, I realize that I can also practice using my voice and eyes as my head would not be moving around. I move my arms up and down while looking around the room and make unintelligible noises.

 

My mother comes over to see me moving around a few times during my hour-long training session. She smiled and spoke to me in the baby talk.

 

Following the training session, both my strength, constitution, perception, and even my intelligence went up a little. I am tired after the workout, so I go to sleep.

 

When I wake up, it is dark, I cry, embarrassingly, for food again then get back to training. I train until I am tired, go to sleep, wake up and eat, over and over until I hear a notification.

 

[The avatar is ready to be controlled. Please remember when you transfer your consciousness into the avatar your main body will be in a sleep-like state and vice versa.]

 

I excitedly switched to the avatar. 

 

Opening my eyes, I find that I am naked. I quickly cover my privates and ask the system, "Why am I naked? Can I buy clothes in the shop?"

 

[You are naked because you just formed, and yes, you can buy clothes for the shop, but it could be expensive as it is not ordinary attire. Do you wish to browse through some relatively cheap ones? Or the more expensive ones?]

 

"Show me some from both that you would think I like."

 

[Bullet Resistant Suit Set-120 GSP

Sympathetic Morphing Suit-8,000 GSP

Nanosuit-405,000 GSP]

 

"What is the properties of the Bullet Resistant Suit Set and Sympathetic  Morphing Suit," I state, I did not even consider the Nanosuit as it is too expensive.

 

[Bullet Resistant Suit Set can stop 9mm caliber guns and below. Sympathetic Morphing Suit can change into any clothes you can imagine and slowly repairs itself if it is damaged.]

 

"Purchase the Sympathetic Morphing Suit."

 

[Decducted 8,000 GSP, 600,109 GSP remaining.]

 

I take the suit out and put it on. The suit without morphing looked like a complete black wetsuit. I envision business attire then it slowly transforms into what I had envisioned, it takes ten seconds to finish.

 

I wander out of the ally and into town. I walk over to a grocery store and see some newspaper dispensers. On one of the newspapers, it says published by Daily Planet and, the date says September 6, 1989.

 

I am rather certain that DC follows almost the same history as on my earth. I try remembering events that happened in the early 1990s. I appear in a humongous library. I am startled for a split second until I realize this must be my Eidetic Memory in action, organizing my memories into a library. In front of me is a book labeled Events of the 1990s. As I pick the book up, I have a feeling telling me I could relive the whole memory if I wanted or just read the content.

 

I open the book and, my brain is overwhelmed with lists of events and everything I know about them.

 

"System, do I have to use the library every time I want to remember something?"

 

[No, the library is for introduction until you get used to it or, when you do not know precisely what you are seeking for.]

 

"Good to know."

 

I begin to think through my newly refreshed memory of the events that happen in the early 1990s: start of the Gulf War, 1991, the USSR dissolves, 1991, the World Wide Web publicly debuts, Bill Clinton is elected, 1992, Hurrican Andrew strikes, 1992 and Pablo Escobar goes to prison, 1991.

 

Two things stuck out to me more than the others, the World Wide Web and Pablo Escobar. The reason that the launch of the World Wide Web catches my interest is that I could use the rise of the internet to make lots of money. I know that in my old world are not kind to those who do not have it and, it is even truer in the DC universe.

 

I am interested in Pablo Escobar for a similar reason. He is one of the wealthiest criminals ever, caused a major drug issue in Flordia and California. I remember reading that he had so much money that two billion dollars were eaten by rats every month. On my earth, we found the locations of a few of his caches. In this life, I could take this money and set up rehab centers to help those affected, plus it gives me some much-needed capital.

 

 I have stolen from criminals before. Two teenage thugs tried threating me and, tell me to put all my cash and valuables into a duffel bag they were carrying. I beat them up, took their bag then tell them to clean their act up. In the bag, I found watches, rings, and heaps of cash. I took the money as it is almost always unrecoverable then anonymously reported the location of the bag with the rest of the items in it.

 

I know stealing is illegal but, so is being a vigilante. The way I saw it, taking their money keeps them from using it to hurt others. But, before I would be stealing from Pablo Escobar, I will need to have more powers.

55