Chapter 1
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01

Vivian was born prematurely which made her parents worried and concerned. The couple that went by the surname Lien, hugged their newborn daughter and vowed that they'd always love and protect her. Therefore, Vivian was trembling in fear. The fact that she was not their real daughter was prominent, and she was scared that the love they'd once showered upon her would cease. 

"No need to worry, dear." A hand landed on Vivian's head, rubbing her newly braided hair into almost mess. The older woman beside her was Mrs. Lien, she was Vivian's mom...formerly... "No matter what, dad and I will still love you the usual way. No one can take over your position in ours hearts, even if you are not biologically ours. This, was a fact we also hate." Mrs. Lien shook her head dejectedly before embracing Vivian.

"Thank you.." Vivian whispered as her eyes turned red, "But this does not belong to me, mom. They belong to Maria. I would become too greedy if I take all what is hers."

"Like I said, don't worry Vivian for your sister, she is a few hours older than you and should know that she must make way for her younger sibling." Mrs. Lien humped and said, trying to ease away the sadness her daughter was feeling. 

Vivian pursued her lips and nodded. Although she could not entirely understand what was the meaning behind Mrs. Lein words, it was a well known fact that older siblings has to let younger siblings get the better share. They were both six years old but Marie the real daughter, was born earlier than her.

"Oh look, she must have arrived by now. Let's go together Vivian." Mrs. Lien took Vivian's hand and gently pulled her towards the gate. Vivian obediently followed, her pink princess dress shuffling from the wind's windy breath and the bobbing steps she had taken to go down from the stairs. 

Beside the gate was a car, Father Lien or Mr. Lien took liberty to take Marie back home in order not to put any hard feelings on the similar six years old. He first went out of the car and following behind him was Marie. 

Marie was beautiful, she had glossy black hair and gentle forest green eyes. She was the total combination of the Lien couple, whereas Vivian was ginger haired and blue eyed, thereby the single fact her hair color was different, it wasn't hard to see that she was clearly not blood related to the Lien parents.

"Vivian, meet Maria. She's your older sister from the countryside." Mr. Lien introduced as he pushed Marie upfront. His eyes squinting as he dragged out the fact Marie came from. 

Vivian adjusted her dress and wiped her red rimmed eyes, she then puffed out her chest and curled her lips. "Hello, Maria. I'm Vivian, your little sister. I am from the city, I will teach you the city way so no worry even if you came from the countryside!" Vivian cheerfully commented.

Hearing this, Marie froze and curled the corners of her lips unhappily. "I don't need you to teach me the city way at all." Marie refused.  

"You have a bad attitude, shouldn't you say thank you or no thank you when someone offers you something? Clearly you are so dumb, you truly came from the countryside!" Vivian was unhappy when her offer was refused, she raised her chin and grabbed the corners of Mrs. Lien's dress, "Right, mom?" 

"Yes, Vivian's correct. You truly have grasped the teachings of your teacher clearly. Unlike you, Maria just doesn't know how to respect anyone."

Marie turned around and looked at Mrs. Lien, "That's not what I mean. Clearly she had belittled me so I had to punctually state that it was unnecessary. I'm your real daughter, shouldn't you understand that I also have a pride I must protect and not to bluntly side with another who's clearly the fake?"

"Vivian is not a fake, she's your sister!" Mrs.Lien scolded.

Vivian was threatening to cry again, so Mrs. Lien hurried to console her. Mr. Lien glanced at Marie unhappily, "Marie, that was not nice of you."

Marie mockingly said, "But isn't that true?"

1