Chapter 05
406 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The moonlight shone and spread through the curtains of the spacious bedroom. Two children could be seen on the carpet and a stack of blank and filled papers spread out in front of them.

"Charlotte..."

Linda whispered a girl's name with complex feelings. Edwin was feeling the same as he didn't know what he should do about her. He wrote down on his separate paper information that he remembered from the novel and gave it to his sister.

She accepted the paper that was given to her and put it under the small stack of paper in her hands.

Charlotte Armstrong, the only daughter of a Count and a girl born in a family who only bore sons, was a cheerful but reasonable lady. Oddly enough, she was also from Earth but died and ended up reborn as the Lady of Armstrong.

She was originally from America just like them. But what differed the trio is that she was half-blooded. Her mother had sent her to foster care after being rejected by her birth father making her an orphan.

She didn't get good treatment at the orphanage due to the foreign appearance she inherited from her father. She had to bear it and depend only on herself. She had planned to escape this hell when she became an adult. Unfortunately, she ended up being killed by a prank gone wrong at the age of 16.

When she became an infant named Charlotte, she was horrified at what happened but decided to leave her past life behind and live her current life with her doting father and caring older brothers.

As she was born in a house of knights, she trained with the sword to be like her family members and not be looked down upon due to her gender.

At the age of 9, she was blessed by the god of Azalea, the world they live in, and gained the power of light that was not brought to another being for more than a century.

Count Armstrong knowing this, hid his daughter's power and capability. Though this didn't stop her from fighting outside as an adventurer but was warned by her father if only she hid her identity and disguised herself as a different being.

Becoming an adventurer, she fought against injustices and disguised herself as male. She uses an accessory that happens to be an artifact to change her gender. Being known for her actions, citizens gave her the name, Sun Knight.

At her coming-of-age ceremony during her academic years, she met the hidden crown prince of the empire, the male lead, Adelio, officially. She also meets Maverick, whom she knew previously when they were originally playmates for a few years.

Although there weren't many details, there were some mentions of Charlotte and Maverick's childhood moments. Unknown of what fate holds for her, troubles just have to surround her as the protagonist of the novel as there were also mentions of monster waves or invaders after her.

"Linda, are they going to meet while we're present if they were playmates?"

Edwin waved his legs back and forth on the chair, gazing down at his sister who was busy editing and putting the information together. Linda looked up from the papers and glanced at him then pondered for a moment.

"It is possible... Though they didn't exactly mention at what age they met it was obviously before they went to the academy."

"Then why aren't the twins mentioned? I don't remember the duchess being introduced in the story, only showing flashbacks of him and his parents together..."

He then stopped at his words and looked at his sister suspiciously.

Linda answered his suspicions with her calm unwavering eyes. He understood and decided not to talk about it until it was brought up by the others. She went back to the papers, putting herself back to work.

They continued exchanging about the novel in what they remembered as much as possible. He wandered his fingers around the chair's arm and then tapped his index finger in thought.

'I wonder if we are even able to know the reason why we were sent here?'

 

 

AKS

8