Chapter 20
196 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Hmmm..."

Linda blankly looked at her twin's odd action. Edwin bends his head down, gazing at the glass container intensely. He opened it to tap the container and smelled its scent.

"It doesn't smell like it, but I can't help but smell a familiar scent?"

"She probably meant the other alcohol that is usually used in drinks that older men go to the bars."

Linda twitches her eyebrows in annoyance. Ron looked at her in shock. He blinked his eyes multiple times and rubbed his ears as if he had heard right.

"Wait! How do you even know something like bars!"

He shrieked and grabbed her arms from both sides, shaking her. She tried to reach her hands to stop him from shaking her.

Edwin let his sister go looking at her pale complex and looking at her strangely.

"I thought your body health has gotten better than our previous body?"

Linda staggered a bit and rubbed her temple gently.

"Hah... I thought so too, but I guess there are still some side effects after being transported into this world..."

"Don't invade my question though, how do you know this nasty stuff!"

Edwin growled, clenching his fists in anger. He believed he was able to cover his younger sister's eyes from those unusual and disgusting activities. He was sure that she had no interest in things like outside activities except for shopping, going to the library, or viewing the news.

Linda bit her lips looking at her brother's twisted face. She hesitated a bit and opened her mouth, not fully answering the question.

"I saw and heard from here and there and nothing can be hidden from someone who is in the center of the class..."

Her words were low and got softer as she went on, bowing her head in embarrassment. Edwin looking at his sister that way calmed his burning frustration within him. He stroked her soft hair and spoke.

"It's fine, I guess. Just don't leave my side if we ever get out to any outgoings."

"Fine, it's not like I will want to get separated from you even if you wanted to..."

She muttered in annoyance but nodded happily. She rests her body on top of his arm as she hugs it. Edwin chuckled at his sister's sudden clinging action.

As he was about to reach out his hand and stroke her once more, a knock was heard on the door. Amanda slowly opens the door and walks toward the twins. She bowed to them gracefully and said.

"It's time to put you in bed, Young Master Edwin, Young Lady Linda."

Hearing her declaration, Linda lets go of her brother's arm and accepts Amanda's grace. They were washed and placed in bed waiting for the next day to come by.

———

The next day has come as the sun rises brightly. Two months pass unknowingly.

Edwin and Linda as usual ran towards the training field to watch Ian's practice under the captain of the duchy.

"Ed, don't you think Ian will surpass the junior knight in no time at this rate?"

"Haha, I guess so!"

Linda frowned at her brother's response. A smirk was spread across his face as he held the railing. He blinked his eyes and stared at the subjects. He pouted his lips and placed his hands on his cheeks.

Linda casually touched his shoulder-length hair that had grown. She hummed and softly gave him a braid and placed it on the side. Edwin patted the braided side and gave out a small smile. Amanda stared at them calmly.

"...Should we give you a haircut, young master?"

"It's fine, I like it this way!"

"Of course..."

Edwin giggled in enjoyment and struck Linda's hair. Amanda sighed worryingly but placed it behind her mind for the future. She gently placed the snacks on the tray on top of the small table. Linda placed her eyes on top of the tarts.

"You can go eat and I will come next to you soon, Lin."

She glanced at her brother who let go of his hand off of her and gently nodded. She hurriedly walked towards her seat and carefully reached out her hands toward Amanda. She habitually took out the wet towel and cleaned her lady's hand. Linda blinked her eyes in thanks and reached for the soft and sweet tarts.

"Banana..."

"Indeed, this time instead of a strawberry flavor, the chef decided to change the flavor of the tarts to bananas. Enjoy."

Linda nodded happily. She could feel her chest burst from pleasure.

'Is this how the rich brats feel whenever they are served without asking?'

She simply questioned without a thought and continued stuffing the delicate and tasty tarts. Edwin softly chuckled at his sister's actions. He turned his head back and watched the scene below him.

Ian was sweating heavily but a strong will wasn't erased from his eyes. He doubts where he got this strong will from though.

Watching the intense spar finally being over between one of the knights and Ian, he stared at Drew who was crossing his arms with a strong posture.

"Uncle Drew! Can I have Ian take a break here with us?!"

Drew looked up as he met Edwin who was waving his hand and giving a broad smile.

"Of course! Who will dare to disobey our young master's words?"

He chuckled deeply with smiling eyes. Edwin felt his heart skip a beat and took a breath.

'Right, forgot about Uncle's face that doesn't match his cheerful character...'

Edwin awkwardly scratches his head, messing with the braided hair a little. Amanda silently stared at their interactions and shut her eyes, hiding from her uncle's expression. Ian looked at Edwin bewilderedly but nodded his head in response.

Edwin calmly skipped toward the table with a playful smile on his face. Linda tilted her head towards his approaching steps. Edwin sat down and nodded reassuringly. She ignored him and drank a glass of fruit punch.

"Hummm..."

Seeing his sister's peaceful posture and expression, he calmed his intense emotions that were unknowingly swirling within his chest. Ian finally reached in front of the table and gave a 90-degree bow.

"Thank you for inviting me here, my lords."

Edwin placed his fist on the other side of his face and leaned on it. He looked up at Ian's action in displeasure and frowned. He pointed with his index finger towards the third seat next to him.

"I told you don't need to greet us that way and come sit next to me."

"Take some refreshing."

Linda passed down to the seat's plate and looked at him with an unwavering gaze. Ian slightly trembled at the twin's beckoning and accepted it with gratitude. Edwin squinted his eyes and gave out an ugly grin that didn't somehow ruin his adorable child-like face.

"So, Ian! Did you somehow make a breakthrough?"

Hearing Edwin's question, he looked at him in surprise. He honestly nodded his head in reply. Edwin's grin grew even more. Linda couldn't help but look at him in shock then disgust as the half-eaten tart fell from her hand.

"Well, I have a request for you that I would like you to..."

Before he could finish his words, a sudden ruckus was heard outside of the mansion's walls and distant screams.

 

 

AKS

3