Chapter 60 – Secret Behind the Curtains
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "Why are you here? Where is Observer?" Greynar stood up from the chair and pointed at her.

"She's busy at the moment, damn it, and I was also busy doing my own thing too..." The Siren clicked her tongue, murmuring in annoyance while sipping a drink.

"Well if you're not really in urgency, i will need you to just answer my question." He sat down once more.

"And here i thought something came up... At least no one will interupt us here, i can detect some KANSEN nearby but they aren't coming to your room direction." Purifier glanced at the wall, she used her enhanced vision to see through the walls. 

The Commander sighed. "Observer has already told you about me, correct?" 

"Hm? Yeah, she told me about you and your circumstance. And i'm a bit curious on your end since she told me you are an Outsider." The Siren hovered around him, analyzing his whole being. 

"An Outsider... I don't know how much she knows about me but is she always like that?" He asked.

"Observer? I don't know about her but she started acting strange since the start of war." Purifier idly fixing her disheveled clothes. "And also i only take some orders from her for an experiment on this test site. I don't know the bigger picture she is hiding from me but she is very eccentric." 

"Shit, this is bigger than i thought." Greynar murmured.

"And here I thought I would never get to speak with a human in this place. You are quite a particular person, aren't you?" Purifier looked at him with an amused smile. 

"So do i, but since i have already know some of your personality before coming into this particular world. I don't feel intimidated at all, and i can speak freely." Greynar nodded in agreement. 

"Ahahaha! You are just what she said, someone that is very unique from bunch of humans we have seen so far." Purifier smirked. 

"Anyway, i got not much time," He put his hand down, lowering his body. "So i want to ask something. Do you know how to deal with Bon Homme Richard?" He turned to her with a serious expression. 

"Richard... Richard... Type threat-V? That Bon Homme Richard? Hey don'cha taking it a bit too far? That person is long gone already, and my database doesn't contain that information so i can't help you."  She shrugged.

"No," Greynar denied straightforwardly. "Bon Homme Richard, she appeared inside my dream. She seems to know me by her tone." 

"Pffft... What do you mean, the crazy chick who tried to turn the whole world into hell is back?" Purifier nearly spat out her drink in shock at the revelation.

"I don't have the full picture, but these dreams I've been having lately feel too real," the Commander confessed, his hand trembling as he recalled the nightmares.

Purifier offered a comforting pat on his back. "Hey, I don't know what you've been through, but since you seem to be her favorite toy, I'll pass along this conversation to her. So cheer up!"

Greynar nodded gratefully. "Thanks, Purity."

"Purity? Seriously? What kind of cheesy nickname is that?" Purifier scoffed.

"B-but that's what yo-" The Commander attempted to interject, but Purifier cut him off with a sharp glare.

"Forget all those nicknames! Just call me Purifier, got it? Or else I'll blast you to pieces!" Purifier's threat was crystal clear as she prepared charging her rigging, pointing to Greynar.

"Alright! Alright! Geez, why are you so sensitive about a nickname." Greynar resigned from his argument. 

Both the human and the Siren had a discussion about their current situation. First, they acknowledged the need to follow the script prepared by Observer for this timeline. Purifier also informed him about each faction that had been given the script by Observer. An important revelation was that Iron Blood and the Northern Parliament were discreetly working together, which surprised him, as it was also part of Observer's plan. He couldn't comprehend Observer's intentions for this timeline, as the Observer he knew wouldn't go to such lengths to assist someone.

Purifier also mentioned that Observer had some kind of backup plan in case something went wrong, but she never divulged the specifics to her. Even Tester wasn't aware of Observer's plan regarding this test site. However, Purifier was aware of the incident that occurred on this timeline involving the White Tower. She also stated that the Commander didn't need to know more about the explanation of the White Tower and that they needed to be destroyed immediately.

Since the other party was a Siren who is likely to know something, Greynar didn't pry further. But he also kept in mind to write a note about White Tower. Regarding the Arbiters that will also appear on this timeline and the remaining of the META ships. Purifier also told him that the current situation is very different to what he know originally. There's even less information about S.A.V.I.O.R than other information that was stored inside her mainframe. She only know that S.A.V.I.O.R was created but its full purpose was very confidental even Observer couldn't access it. An unknown matter or substance that was implanted to a human being.

"...And that much information i can only share to you. I don't know what she is really is but Observer giving me the strange creep with her meticulous plan." Purifier throws out her drink by opening a small portal. 

After affirming everything, Greynar thanked her. "Thanks for this valuable information, i hope i didn't take some of your time." 

"No problemo, you can just be ease since im here only following her order to assist you." Purifier grinned with a smug expression. 

"Oh, and one thing, Purifier, do you happen to know what happened to the test site-β??" He asked her one last question he wanted to know. 

"Test site-β?? Ah you mean this place?" Purifier tilted her head, not understanding what he means.

Greynar eyes grows wide upon hearing that. "...What?" 

"What? Did i said something weird?" Purifier looked at him with a confused face.

"No, nothing, thanks for answering." He shook his head, dismishing the Siren. "You can go back now." 

"Alrighty, this miss Purifier have a lot work to do so don't bother me for a while, okay?" With one last small affirmation, Purifier disappeared.

After she disappeared, Greynar sighed in relieve. 'One mystery down... thousand more coming.... Observer, what are you hiding from me.'

The Commander wondering alone inside the office, patiently waiting for the scheduled time.

※ ※ ※

Days has passed ever since his meeting with Purifier, it was time for them to prepare set sail to assist Royal Navy's fleet. The joint operation of Eagle Union and Royal Navy was agreed by both parties with the Commander as the central figure for the mediation. The operation plan is to secure the coastal landing for the ground forces, establishing a foothold and expand a new front to the south of the Mediterranean. Crimson Axis posses a dangerous threat to both Northern Parliament and Royal Navy, their influence has spride widely to a certain extent, it wasn't easy to ignore them. 

The calm sea water disrupted by several girls riding on the wave. Massachusetts joined the operation with Cleveland, Brooklyn, Ranger, Jenkins, and Wichita. Other ship personel was safeguarding the border of Iris Orthodoxy to prevent any reinforcement coming in. One by one the Siren ship was destroyed. 

"Over here!" Wichita shouted. 

In a flash, a salvo of ship fired from behind, destroying a Siren destroyer vessel. 

"That makes it the third encounter." Cleveland sighed. 

"Where did all of these Siren come from!??" Wichita huffed.

"I think this is the territory that Iron Blood occupy as they attacked the Orthodoxy. We should be careful around this area. No matter what, there's always danger surrounding us." Ranger replied while checking her surrounding.

As she used her plane to search for enemy, Ranger saw someone coming to their way. During their planning, Saratoga listed some things they need to know before starting their operation. They will meet with someone from Royal Navy during their operation and join together as a fleet. Along the way, there might be some hindrance, and most important was to prioritize the objective first. 

"Hey everyone, i see someone coming!" Ranger recalled back her recon plane.

"Really? Is that her?" Cleveland used her binocular to look at the distance. "Ah! It is her!" 

As the figure gradually approached them, Cleveland waved enthusiastically. The figure noticed them and swiftly made their way toward their direction. Renown, the battlecruiser of the Royal Navy, drew her sword and saluted.

"Greeting, esteemed allies of the Allied fleet. I am Renown, representing the Royal Navy. I have arrived to partake in our operation, as previously briefed," she stated, her gaze sweeping across the faces of each fleet member.

The silence broke by Ranger. "Task Force 34 Aircraft Carrier, Ranger. It's a pleasure to have you with us."

"Hey, Renown! Long time no se-huaackkk!!! Hey! What was that for!?" Cleveland who was about to greet Renown suddenly got struck on her head. 

"Be polite, we're on a mission right now." Massachusetts cut her off. 

The cruiser sighed. "Alright fine, i'll properly greet her after we're done here." 

Ranger could only sigh in deject looking at her teammate. "Sorry about them, they're a bunch of idiots." 

Renown chuckled looking at their interaction. "Nay, i am also honored to be here. Long time no see, Cleveland. It looks like you've matured a bit."

"Anyway," Ranger fixed herself. "This will be a joint operation between the Royal Navy and the Eagle Union. Our objective is to secure the coastal landing for our ground forces. If we establish a foothold and expand south of the Mediterranean, we can reduce the risk posed by the Crimson Axis to both the Royal Navy and the Northern Parliament." She briefed the mission again to make everyone clear of their objective.

"In other words, we'd be diverting their Naval force attention from the land." Cleveland was the first one to say it loud. 

"That's one way to put it," Ranger nodded. "But this also serves as a strategic plan for our alliance also." 

"So, who are we gonna be fighting?" Wichita asked a question that has been in her mind since the short brief. 

"Apart from Siren, there's only one enemy." Renown said. 

"Yeah, i agree. Even though i don't want to brand them as an enemy." Massachusetts added in. 

"The Vichya Dominion." Ranger clutched her rigging tightly.

1