Chapter 63 – Prioritize Importance
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another week had passed since the operation, and Greynar woke from a brief nap on his office. He received news that Operation Torch had ended in success, filling him with joy. However, his elation was tempered by grief for Jean Bart's sinking. Despite knowing the story behind it, watching her slowly sink still pained him deeply. The tragedy of Casablanca is a reminder for him, he couldn't change something that has set in stone by the Sirens.

Thanks to Helena, they manage to sort out all and reported the successful operation to the Eagle Union Command. In the meeting he had with the higher ups, an interesting topic has been brought regarding the META ships. He knows that Observer was the one who controls the higher ups to do something with META ships, she respectfully enlightened them the dread of METAmorphosis and the consequences of it. That's why she was prioritizing to place something called a limiter to the wisdom cubes.

Even so, no one knew the last part of the story, and Greynar himself remained in the dark. META ships were uniquely individual—those who could regain their sanity upon transforming into META form either turn into a dangerous individual or someone who still look for hopes. Many kind of META varies differently from the others. The Ashes was also not an exception. 

Taking a small note, Greynar planned out for his next movement.

"I don't know what happened to the original test site-β and Observer is full of mystery, but what i know that this timeline isn't the same one... There are contradiction to the story itself and the change of pace in the story. Observer herself also told me that my knowledge won't be useful inside this timeline. But, how far will this go?" He briefly glanced at the copy of Operation Torch document.

'Jean Bart sank, but she also got saved in the end. If i'm right about the timeline, then research ship are still under development but Iron Blood has already got theirs and Gascogne, the fourth Richelieu-class battleship is located at the africa continent.' 

Nevertheless, the days goes on as always for him. Inside the port, the whole fleets know about the Commander relationship with the two girls, but that didn't make them dejected, rather they are racing to get his attention while also carry out his order accordingly. For them, their Commander is the sole reason the port is still lively as it is and because of his reputation after the battle with Sakura Empire and rescuing fleet from Siren's attack. 

"Akashi, are you busy right now?" Greynar knocked the huge warehouse door. After confirming that Akashi isn't busy, he walked inside. "I need help in the dockyard about malfunctioning rigging." 

"It will be done nya~" Akashi gave him a thumbs up.

"Also how was the blueprint gun you are developing right now? Will it be good to be put in use?" He asked about the recently developed gun that Akashi had, different from the Twin 406mm (16"/45 Mk 8) that she produce.

"Oh that nya? I did manage to combine things as i had in my mind, but i wasn't able to get more idea how to make it work as it intended, i will need researcher from the command to personally help me nya~" She grabbed sheet of paper and handed it over Greynar. "Commander, please make an arrangement for me." 

"Alright, i will help you, just dont get your hopes up. Hopefully it will go smooth by using my influence around." He received the paper and bid her farewell.

And after he visited Akashi, the Commander took a break on a nearby shop and he bought a drink from vending machine. Looking around there wasn't any passerby considering it's a busy day. He took a sit on a small bench nearby.

"Oh, Commander? It's rare to see you here," came a soft voice from behind.

Turning around, Greynar found Memphis, who had just returned from her usual duties. "Hey there, great work on the mission," he greeted her with a wave.

"Oh, it was nothing, but thank you for your praise," she replied with a kind smile.

"Anyway, Princeton's arrival has made quite an impact in this port. Enterprise has been mentoring her on carrier operations, and I admire how she treats others like her juniors." Greynar remarked.

"Yes, it seems like the port is doing well, and i heard not so soon you will back to the Azur Lane port?" Memphis took a seat beside him. 

"Huh, I totally forgot about that," He mused, taking a sip of his drink. "It was prearranged by the higher-ups, but yes, we'll probably be back to the old port. Unless something happens, I won't go there immediately."

"How was the old port like? I never get to see it because it's been destroyed the Sakura Empire." Memphis asked him in curiosity.

"How was it like...?" He mused, leaning back on the bench and holding his drink up to the sky. "It was beautiful, that port was definitely my favorite place," He said, gazing into the distance as if reminiscing. "It was a port filled with laughter and memories etched into every corner."

Memphis was a bit surprised, she never get to see the Commander like this. "I see..." 

She sat in silence, pondering how to continue the conversation, but words eluded her. As the Commander finished his drink and stood up, he extended his hand to her.

"Enough lounging around," Greynar declared with a gentle smile, breaking the silence. "Let's take a stroll."

With a smile, Memphis took his hand and followed him. Though the sun shone brightly in the sky, it was already afternoon, and it would likely take a while for others to arrive at the port. Enterprise and Volga were on a mission to confront a Sakura fleet, and Aurora was currently standing as Eagle Union delegation in Dragon Empery and she wont be back for a while. 

Prior to the operation, Greynar had spent some quality time with Aurora, knowing they wouldn't be together for a while. Volga, respectful of their time together, excused herself to attend to other matters, leaving the couple undisturbed. Lately, Volga had earned the endearing nickname of "big sister of the port" due to her caring nature, endearing her to all the girls in the base.

Greynar too, also laughed at the nickname she has been given by everyone. Leaving her in a flustered state. 

As they approached the edge of the railing, Memphis gazed out at the picturesque sea. The sun cast flashes of light on her emerald eyes, her hair fluttering in the breeze that wafted in from the sea.

"It's beautiful..." Memphis remarked, her voice soft against the backdrop of the serene seascape.

"Indeed," Greynar agreed, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "This spot on the edge of the island calms your mind."

"Is this what you always do Commander?" Glancing at the Commander beside her, she could feel the wind brushiing against her cheeks. 

"Not always, but i liked this place ever since i came here, save for several occassion with the girls." He chuckled. "This place is just special resting spot for me." 

Memphis didn't say anything and only nod in silence.

As the minutes passed, the duo decided to return as dusk approached. The fleets would soon be returning, and they needed to prepare to receive the mission's results. Arriving at the dockyard, they met with Helena who already standing by on the side of the dock. 

"Commander, over here!" She waved at them. 

"So you are already here, i thought we were early to come here." The Commander chuckled.

"Haha, i'm just waiting for them to come so i can inspect their aftermath stuff. My SG radar could detect any foreign substance in case if you didn't know." The cruiser explained.

"Better safe than sorry." He shrugged. "Any news from Royal Navy?" 

"Right, i just received a news from the Royal Navy that they will send a supply delivery to Northern Parliament. Soon enough they are preparing to send batch of supply to the northern region." Helena replied.

"I see, then what about Richelieu?" He continued. "I heard that she will be making her move soon enough." 

"As for the Cardinal of Iris Libre, i don't know much detail about it. But i know that they will make a preparation and begin an operation located in africa continent along with Royal Navy fleet." She answered with a sharp detail.

"That soon huh, that means it's near in the future..." The Commander silently muttered. 

"Sorry? What was that Commander?" Helena asked, tilting her head.

"Huh? Oh nothing, im just planning ahead of my schedule, in case if Royal Navy wanted to have an arrangement meeting with me." He replied with an ambiguous answer.

Helena decided not to pry further and returned to her work. Memphis tagged along and helped her with the job, the duo is an inseparable workaholic that he sometimes pity them. 

'I better make a secretary arrangement as soon as i can so i can lessen their burden.' He silently took a mental note. 

0