Chapter 21 – Arrival
178 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Commander, would you take a look at this flower?" Aurora handed a rose in front of me. 

I accepted the rose carefully. "It looks beautiful, im sure if we asked the Queen to give some of the rose here, i think she will agree."

"I'd like to have my own garden with these flower around in the future, Commander. Do you think its possible?" Aurora asked me.

"Whether its possible or not, i will help you as much as i could to make your wish come true." 

Aurora smiled gently at me. "Thank you, Commander."

The reinforcement ship from Eagle Union will arrive today, we have prepared a small feast for them, and we look for a welcome gift but didn't find any. Aurora told me to choose for a flower in the garden for the gift and i agreed. The Royal Maids has prepared the feast under the guidance of Belfast, because we're short of people, we also helped in making the food. The current Royal Maids members we have is Newcastle, Edinburgh, and Sheffield. Even though i have talked to Edinburgh before, i haven't got the opportunity to talk to other maids. 

"Lets choose this flower for our welcome gift."I pointed out at the blue colored flower at the middle because its color resemble Eagle Union logo. 

"This flower... The Blue iris? It symbolize hope and faith, i think it suits you Commander. The hope and faith of humanity, its sounds very heroic." Aurora gently picked up the flower.

"Is that so? I never knew there was such meaning for the flower, i choose randomly it because of the color and the shape."

"Now you know that is such meaning behind it. I think this is the best gift we could give to the girls later." 

"Let's go back now, i think they have arrived and are waiting for us." Greynar walked out from the garden with Aurora.

We're walking through the entrance of the hall, the Manjuus are also helping us moving some of the furniture to the hall. I placed the Blue iris in the Bouquet of flower, Aurora also placed a rose flower in the bouquet. We agreed that this feast was for Eagle Union exclusively, and the Royal Navy wont be participating because they will be busy preparing to depart from the port because of the Queen's order and the Siren attack on their homeland but the Royal Maids has some free time to do, that's why they are assisting us in the kitchen.

"Also, Aurora, since you are part of my personal fleets, you will also attend the feast, this is an order from me. Volga will also be on the feast." 

"Yes, Commander!"

It's natural for her as a part of Royal Navy to go depart with them, but because of Queen Elizabeth's order to assist me and help me, she has become part of my personal fleets. Volga is the only shipgirl that i personally constructed from scratch, i'm also thinking to construct more in the future but Akashi said i need to refrain from constructing due to the amount of resource we have for the Siren's subjugation. 

We arrived at the dockyard, several ship was seen to be repaired because of their fight with the Siren near the border, i walked to the right wing of the dock where we could see a lexington-class aircraft carrier docked. Enterprise also was speaking with someone else. 

"Oh, the Commander is here, Saratoga please don't cause any ruckus, i swear you are more troublesome than Hornet sometime." Enterprise nudged Saratoga's shoulder.

"Don't worry about that, Sister Sara is a good girl in front of the Commander~!" Saratoga winked her eyes. 

'Pfftt.... Good girl my ass...' I silently laughed.

"Hello, Saratoga. I'm the current Commander of the Azur Lane, Greynar." I introduced myself.

"I am aircraft carrier Lexington's little sister, Saratoga, and the current Flagship! Commander, nice to meet you!" Saratoga shook my hand.

"I as the representative, wholeheartedly welcome you to the naval base of Azur Lane i sincerely asked for the cooperation." 

"Thanks Commander~ Sister Sara will do her best to assist you~♪" Saratoga happily replied.

Several shipgirl was seen walked from their each perspective ship, we could see Langley, Washington, Maryland, San Diego, and Northampon, i immediately recognized them, and had a small talk with them. We got back to the main building to have a welcome feast. 

I had a speech over the feast, it was a very nerve-wrecking speech but it was to welcome the arrival of Saratoga's fleets to our port, finally we had a fun feast. Saratoga suddenly pulled me in the middle of the feast because of something important she has to tell.

"Commander... I have something important to tell regarding our recent voyage to here." Saratoga said with a serious tone.

"What is it?" 

"One of my recon plane was shot down by something while beside the border, i'd like to say its a Siren but there was no detection about Siren's movement in my radar, i assume it was a mirror sea that shutdown my planes but its impossible for a mirror sea to form naturally there."

I raised one of my brow. 'Was it the META?'

"Tell me more about this." 

"Well, i was keeping it secret in fear that our journey will be halted, but i think you should hear this out first after we arrived to the port." 

"Were you able to identify the reason your recon plane got shot down?" 

"Hmmm.." Saratoga think for a moment. "I'd like to guess its a lightning that struck our plane, but its very rare to occur, i don't have any clue about whatever shot the plane." 

"Then we couldn't do anything about it, lets classify it as natural cause until proven." I shrugged.

"You're right, we shouldn't make a hasty assumption."

I had a fun talk with Saratoga until night, it was a fun night. Also about that whoever shot down the plane, i might also need to investigate it.

5