Chapter 27 – NY Harbor
93 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

NY Harbor is the heart of Azur Lane and the last fortress of humanity against the Siren. It was built before the fall of the great leader and before the first Siren attack. The harbor is equipped with cutting-edge technology and auxiliary facilities, and its strategic location has made it the command center for all Atlantic operations since the inception of Azur Lane.

The Long Island Defense Line is responsible for protecting NY Harbor, its neighboring auxiliary facilities, and several operational fleets along the coast. The line boasts superb fortifications, large-caliber coastal artillery, plentiful supply routes, and multiple military bases. Despite facing decades of Siren onslaught, it remains standing today.

NY Harbor is practically impenetrable, serving as a fortress that safeguards the heart of Azur Lane. Today, I had the chance to see the harbor with my own eyes. It was an incredible sight to behold and will undoubtedly become one of my favorite moments in this world.

"Commander, you're up pretty early today." Aurora joined me in the dining area inside the mass-produced command ship.

"Good morning. I just woke up ten minutes ago." I replied, sipping my morning coffee as I read the leftover of the news.

We arrived in NY Harbor last night, and while some of us already moved inside, others decided to stay at the dock with me, i was too sleepy to move around, so i decided to rest inside the ship. I could see the light outside of the ship, and the sun was already up.

"I'll go see the situation with Helena and the others. You can rest here for a moment, Aurora."

"No, Commander, I also want to see the port."

"But-"

"Rejected~" Aurora instantaneously responded.

"Haaaa.. Well, fine." 

Aurora insisted on following me, and I had no choice but to comply with her demand. We left the command ship and met with Helena.

"Helena, how is the progress?"

"Oh, Commander, good timing. Everything has been disembarked, and it was a smooth journey."

I nodded. "Any news from Enterprise's fleet?"

"Enterprise will arrive tomorrow, taking the safest route."

"Has HQ contacted us by any chance?"

"Yes, they said they have received the news. HQ will monitor the Crimson Axis movement more strictly."

I pondered for a moment before speaking. "Good, I will contact HQ later regarding something. Please let them know that Commander Greynar wants to speak with them as soon as possible."

I said goodbye to Helena and walked down the street near the dock. The buildings and houses around the harbor were made from reinforced concrete, and the doors were made out of steel. It was no outrageous statement to say that they had been prepared ever since before the appearance of the Siren. Flocks of seagulls could be seen in the sky, and it was truly a peaceful place. However, that would change when we were near that event.

Aurora stopped her steps as I noticed her communicator had gone off.

"Aurora?" I called out to her.

Aurora's expression turned stern as she received the message. "Commander, I've received news that Enterprise's arrival will be delayed due to bad weather, and they have also located a destroyed test field set up by the Siren."

'A trace of the META?'

"Tell me more about this destroyed test field."

Aurora nodded, speaking in a serious voice. "Volga's recon plane detected a mysterious signal from an unknown source, and she lost contact with one of her recon planes after it detected the signal. Yorktown and Enterprise then launched their recon plane to the location of the signal and stumbled upon a destroyed Siren ship. You can guess what that means, Commander."

"They left a trail?"

"Correct, they left a long trail of destroyed mass-produced ships until they located a test field setup."

"What for? Is this to announce their existence?"

"We don't know, but based on the evidence we have found, that might be a possibility," Aurora offered her opinion.

"It's still an assumption, though. Whether they are a foe or an ally, it will be answered in the future." I said as i looked out at the sea. "Let's be cautious from now on. We can't be sure if this matter will escalate into a bigger problem."

'Though, it's rather a complicated matter on the META ship side.'

I discussed the matter with Aurora until we arrived at the main building of the harbor. It had a pretty simplistic design, and there wasn't much I could say about the building itself, but it was similar to the one in the Azur Lane port. We met with one of the shipgirls who lived at this harbor, South Dakota.

"This is your office, Commander. Do you have any questions before I go on my hourly patrol?" South Dakota asked.

"No need, thanks for guiding me around, South Dakota." I reassured her, and Aurora also bowed down to express her thanks.

South Dakota nodded and walked away. "If you ever need my assistance, call me, Commander. I'm available 24/7 to assist you." She waved and disappeared into the distance.

It became quiet very quickly until Aurora broke the silence. "Commander, you have work to do, remember?"

I looked at my watch. "Right, I have a meeting with the HQ about something. Thanks for reminding me, Aurora. See you later."

I ran off to the chamber located on the right wing. It took me around five minutes to arrive, even though I was running pretty fast. It showed how long and big this harbor really was. The weird part about it was that I didn't feel exhausted at all, whether it was because of the Savior factor or something else that influenced my body. I located the meeting chamber on my left side, and I could hear Helena talking with someone inside.

"The Commander will be here soon, please wait for a moment." Helena said to the person she was talking to.

I opened the door to the chamber and nodded to Helena. The hologram in the middle of the round table was turned on, and I saw a dark figure with an intimidating stature. "Commander, we have accepted your request. Make this worthwhile." The figure said in a voice that stunned me, it was not what I expected it to be.

'A child's voice? No, I think that's just to disguise their voice' I thought to myself.

I nodded and began to speak. "Have you ever heard of the term Metamorphosis?"

3