Chapter 31 – Weigh Anchor
100 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our introduction to each other, we got out to the surface and back to the harbor, Albacore's eyes gleamed with excitement as she eagerly examined the surroundings, her energetic nature was a sight to see. Her arrival was warmly welcomed by the girls in the port, after her brief introduction to her new home, we gathered some girls to explained most stuff regarding the current situation and our plan.

Albacore nodded attentively. "I see, so you need me to launch an underwater ambush and keep the other submarines at bay."

"Yes, that's correct. It's part of my plan to disrupt their movements in case my predictions about their objectives are accurate." I explained, outlining her role in our upcoming battle.

She nodded in agreement. "Understood. I'll do my best to assist in defending the island while also interfering with their advancement."

I turned to Volga and Aurora. "And what about you two? Any concerns or objections regarding my plan?"

The mentioned girls shook their heads in unison. "No, we have no objections. We're in agreement with this plan."

I nodded and smiled at them. "Great, I'm entrusting this mission to you girls. Soon, we will also join the war, but before that, we need to make necessary preparations. So, defend the island until we arrive. I have faith in all of you."

"You can count on us." Albacore replied, her voice filled with reassurance. "We'll make sure they think twice before attacking us again!"

Everyone nodded with confident smiles, fully aware that casualties were inevitable in the upcoming war between the opposing sides. In order to gain the upper hand, I organized a fleet of mass-produced ships under their command. Albacore would lead the mass-produced submarines, sacrificing them if necessary to hinder the enemy's advance. Volga would oversee the mass-produced battleships and carriers, maintaining air superiority and engaging enemy battleships. Aurora, on the other hand, would handle the destroyers and cruisers, whether they be heavy or light, utilizing their lethal speed and firepower.

The girls were brimming with high spirits, eager to set sail. I decided to accompany them to the dockyard, where I could witness their departure firsthand. Each girl summoned their riggings that are anchored to the side of the dock, a loud boom echoing mechanical roar was heard from my side. It was a spectacular entrance, that almost deafened my ear but i could tolerate it because it was very cool.

"There, there." The owner of the rigging giggled while stroking the head of it. 

"Whew, that was a surprising appearance." Albacore commented it. 

Aurora added her own observation, saying, "I can certainly agree with you. Volga-san may have the appearance of a rose, but she possesses the deadly sharpness of thorns with that kind of rigging."

'Metaphorically speaking, she has a point. If I were to get on her bad side, my existence would be in serious jeopardy.' I nodded agreeing with Aurora.

The person in question giggled after hearing that. "That was a bad joke Aurora, surely the Commander understand that my rigging is a good boy, right Commander?" 

"Haha, i have no comment about it, sorry Volga." Taking neither side, i shrugged and continued. "There's no problem in your side, Albacore?"

"Nope! Everything as good as it looks, i will be diving now, see you Commander!" Albacore jumped and summoned her rigging, diving into the water and nowhere to be seen.

After seeing Albacore swim first from the harbor, the girls looked at each other and nodded, they bid farewell to me and followed Albacore trace to keep up with her. 

As their figures gradually disappeared into the sunset, I glanced at my watch to check the time. The lights of the surrounding buildings illuminated the streets, casting a vibrant glow as night descended. Taking a short walk while thinking of countermeasure against the Siren and the Ashes, while it will be a long journey since this timeline wont be the same as the game, i decided to take my own path, different from it. 

"The next one, i will visit Royal Navy after this battle." Muttering to myself, i increased my step.

※ ※ ※

A calm night has passed, right now im on my office standing by for a news from the island. 

"Enterprise, are you feeling better now?" I asked Enterprise.

The girl in question in my office nodded. "Yes, to be honest it was a fine rest, Commander im ready to engage in the fight."

"That's good." I continued while looking at her face. "But we need to reserve your power for the main part, so please be patient until then."

Enterprise didn't say anything, she looked at the current map of the sea and asked me. "Commander, what do you think about the current situation of Sakura Empire." 

'About the current situation? Is she asking about how i feel with Sakura Empire right now?'

I pondered for a moment. "To be honest, i don't really know what to say for Sakura Empire, but, what i could say is that they must have a reason to be hostile with us."

"....Hornet told me, that Kaga has become an aircraft carrier." 

"Is that so..." 

"Something has happened to Amagi while Akagi and Kaga wasn't around her." Enterprise added. "Akagi must have changed because of that."

"I can't speak for her, but she must have really very fond of her sister for her to suddenly shift personality." Meeting her gaze, i asked. "And what about you Enterprise, what about your relation with Yorktown and Hornet currently?" 

"My current relation is fine with them, but recently it looks like i have made them worried." Enterprise spoke with a tinge of guilt in her voice. "I don't know if its because my attachment being the Grey Ghost after those two sunk and perhaps i don't want to lost them again, or because of my feeling of urgency to prevent that tragedy again."

Looking at her expression i could understand where it came from. "So those are your main concern, i had a talk with Yorktown yesterday."

"You did Commander?" 

Answering her curiosity, i said. "She is worried about you Enterprise, she is concerned about your well-being. You look like you pushed yourself too hard recently."

Enterprise sighed. "Haa... I'm aware, it looks like im trying too hard and it took a toll on my body." Enterprise sat down on one of the chair in front of me.

"If you have come concern, please do tell me. Even if its a trivial things, im here to help you." 

"Thank you Commander, i will try my best to depend on you from now on." Enterprise smiled. 

"Speaking of which, how was Volga doing under your guidance."

"She is progressing much better and definitely growing as a fine carrier ship. Even so Commander, where did you get that girl anyway?"

I recalled back on what happened before. "Honestly... It was also weird for me, i used a wisdom cube on a random ship part. That wisdom cube turned white and it exploded."

"As i recall, wisdom cube doesn't work like that. It couldn't be a mere coincidence, maybe you had a connection with the wisdom cubes?" 

"Haha you sure know how to make a joke." I nervously laughed.

'There's more to that than just a connection'

I had a chat with Enterprise until the time is near, we got a message by Volga who received an unknown signal. She detected a hidden decrypted telegram using the device provided by Akashi before she goes sailing for the recon mission. It contain a message "AF is short on water, should the attack plan consider this?" 

"Commander, i managed to decrypt it. Confirmed its Midway." 

"My guess wasn't wrong, lets go to the port and prepare to have a battle."

'With this, Midway battle has officially started'

I gathered several ships to help me with the incoming battle against the combined fleets of Sakura Empire, Yorktown and Hammann also coming with Hornet insisting she wanted to take revenge once more. Enterprise agrees to Hornet coming with the condition that she is under my command.

I agreed to her condition and preparing to sail away, since Saratoga wont be participating, i ordered her to be the temporary main command force to defend the harbor. The area around the island has been protected by Automatic Defense Turret that the Eagle Union provided with.

Our group consisting the Yorktown sisters and Hammann, several mass produced ship, and the Cleves-sisters which is not much but depending on the situation, this is the ideal formation we needed to make the plan work.

After we're finishing preparing, i ordered Volga to switch into intercepting the enemies and hold the line as long as possible with Aurora, stalling the enemy and make the enemy slow down their advance.

"Commander, your order?" Enterprise waiting for my confirmation to sail.

"Weigh the Anchor! All Fleets, full speed to Midway!"

0