Chapter 35 – The Next Step
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day has passed since that moment, each ship undergoing maintenance that will take a while to complete. Greynar is currently busy dealing with the aftermath of the war, a tedious task due to the procedures that must be reported to Naval HQ. With the help of Enterprise to sort the documents and Aurora to send them to Naval HQ, he sighed.

"Well this amount of works is nothing compared to the amount of mass produced ship we had to sacrifice." He snickered slightly.

When he's finished, he leans back in his chair and sorts out his thoughts on the S.A.V.I.O.R. ability. It was clearly an overpowered ability to manipulate history and timeline, but there was a problem. The ability was still mysterious in many ways, which timeline did it come from? And who created it?

He has doubts about the effect of the timeline manipulation worked on the Sirens, one of the reasons being the Siren's target. It was this island, the island that contained an unknown object that fell from space, that he had already absorbed, the fragment of S.A.V.I.O.R. Akagi said that she and the Siren had the same goal and only worked together temporarily which is very different compared to the game where only Sakura Empire attacked and they didn't use Siren technology, and the Siren observed everything from distance.

"Perhaps if my asssumption true, then this timeline is similar to the game but with a slight change, but..." He muttered quietly. 

The white tower that he have seen previously along with the picture is the evidence that something doesn't add up with his assumption. Investigating it will take quite a while because Saratoga said that the white tower only recently appeared during the Siren attack on both place, Dragon Empery and Northern Parliament. The fact that the Naval HQ stays silent about it may be pointing out that something isn't right and could be something that relate to his appearance to this timeline. 

A knock coming from the door interupting his deep thought. "Commander? It's me, Yorktown, are you busy right now?" 

"No, you can come in." 

"Then, pardon me for intruding." Yorktown opened the door, she glanced at the piled document at the side of the table.

"So, do you need something from me?"

"Yeah, its about my rigging and my hull." She continued. "Some parts are severely damaged, and some places are not replaceable, so i think if i push myself on the battlefield, i will break down and sink." 

Furrowing his brows, Greynar sighed. "What are the chance of your wisdom cube damaged?" 

Yorktown lowered her head. "The possibility is... Seventy percent, under the assumption its not slowing down my work." 

Greynar sighed. "Hah... In short, you will be out of comission." 

Yorktown slightly chuckled. "At least im still alive, Commander." 

"You're probably right, this is actually a good outcome, but without you in the frontline, our firepower has been reduced." He glanced at her. "So what are you gonna do when you're out of comission now?" 

She gave Greynar an apologetic looks. "I might be staying in one of the residence near NY City, there might be a time where i visitted you to see everyone condition." 

"Have you talked about this with your sisters?" Greynar asked curiously. 

"I have, Enterprise and Hornet said that they are glad that im okay, and its okay for me to retire early."  

"...Fine, i think it will be good for you to rest easy, hopefully there will be a chance for you to rejoin in the future if we manage to crack a mystery about wisdom cube and repair yours." 

She smiled lightly knowing she still needed in the battlefield. Yorktown bid farewell to Greynar leaving him alone once again in his room. He then decides to take an afternoon nap to dive in deep in his consciousness.

~So you have found it, and im sure you have a question regarding it.~

Greynar opened his eyes, surrounded by the familiar place, once again. He sees the rainbow cube floating on the chair, the cube seems to shine brighter than usual but he doesn't pay mind to it. 

"Yes, i need to know what actually all of this stages and trials that i somehow need to pass."

~Very well, these vision might help you with what we are dealing with~

The rainbow cube begins to move as the surrounding white space begins to transform into a vast sea. The sight changing rapidly as it transform into a sea of fire with many destroyed warship scattered around. In the middle of the destruction, there was a figure resemble a Siren that he knows too well.

"That's, her?" Greynar asked.

~Observer Zero, a higher ranked Siren that maintains balance between each timeline and the central network of Sirens~ 

The cube once again shifted the surrounding to a different scene, this time it was a fight between a ship and a giant creature that resemble a mechanical serpent. The ship was destroyed by its large body that could tower over the tallest building on earth. It exploded the ship into pieces and the creature plunged back into the water. The scenery stopped as it zoomed to the creature's body. 

~The Leviathans, this timeline has been doomed by its first ever appearance, the start of the nightmare~ The cube said with a rough voice.

They shift on to another scene, a scene in which the Siren and the shipgirl fight, a scene in which an elite Siren and a Commander helping each other in the middle of war, a scene in which the higher-ups of each faction discuss something. In many scenes that unfolded before him, Greynar came to only one conclusion. Mankind's fate is doomed.

~Every vision you have seen is the result of the failed the timelines that Zero managed, and in one of the timeline, the S.A.V.I.O.R. manage to be created as the last counter of humanity. It transcend timelines and arrived to this timeline for a human to pick it up, but the Sirens managed to find it first and stored it in one of their facility, the arrival of this device created a space crack that could potentially destroy the very existence of this reality... Error, error, data has been deleted~ The cube suddenly fall to the ground as if something has controlled it.

"Fuck, i guess i will never hear the end of the story."

~I apologize, there is only a single fragment from S.A.V.I.O.R that only fill in the main detail, the data i wanted to provide was clearly deleted, there's no other way except accepting that we will never hear the end of the story~

Greynar shrugged. "Then we're done here, lets head back, i also need you to provide me about the white tower." 

~Unfortunately, the data about the white tower is restricted to higher authority, which mean you also need to get more fragments to get the data~

"Can't be helped then." 

The rainbow cube changed the scenery back to the usual empty white room. It summoned a small chair next to Greynar and invited him to sit down. Suddenly a cup of tea appeared in front Greynar, even though he knew that these was just in his deep consciousness, he sip the tea.

~After all of that, im quite surprised you haven't gone insane. Normal people usually will scream at the top of their lungs having to see that~

Greynar scratched his head. "Well im as surprised as you are, something has really changed me inside i don't know whether its the influence of this world or the S.A.V.I.O.R as you talked about."

~S.A.V.I.O.R couldn't provide like mentallity resistance or disable an emotion, so i don't know what have caused it~ 

"Well shit, that adds more mystery to me and my body. The red cube incident in the underground, it didn't bother with my daily activites, but im certain something happened to me and im also certain it's not S.A.V.I.O.R doing with what happened back then." 

~I can't say on your behalf, but perhaps it has the relation with the deleted data from S.A.V.I.O.R. If you find the lost data, perhaps you will know what happened with your body,~

"...That also curious me, are there a chance that my memory has been tampered?" 

The rainbow cube chuckled. ~That'd be answered once we get every fragments, it's seem our time is up, i hope we see each other again... Vessel~ 

Raising his brows, he bid farewell to the rainbow cube, his vision slowly descend into dark once again. He awoke from his nap, remembering everything that had happened inside his consciousness. He gasped as a jolt of electricity struck his body from the inside. His hand glowed red as he was struck a second time by the electricity. Panting from the sudden jolt, he regained his breath, the red glow subside as the hand turned normal again. 

"You could've just fucking warned me about the zap." Greynar muttered. 

With the Midway incident coming to an end, his next prioritize is to train the shipgirl for more upcoming danger in the future. While it's still far in the future, its safer to prepare from now on.

2