Chapter 49 – News and Tiredness
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Commander!" Saratoga barged into the door suddenly. 

"...Huh? What is it? Why are there nois- W-woah!!!" Greynar who is lazily laying his body on the sofa has been woken up by the ruckus in the morning.

"This is bad! Really really bad! H-Hood of the Royal Navy has been defeated in a battle with the leader of Iron Blood!" She shook him greatly, caused the poor commander to fall from the sofa. 

"Hood!?" Greynar was shocked to hear the news suddenly, he never thought it will be a bit sooner than what he was anticipate. "When did they engaged in the battle?" He quickly rose up and started to note down all important parts of the news.

"Tell me in details!" Greynar asked.

Saratoga begin to explain in details about what happened to Hood, and for the most part, all of the story were the same as he remembered. Norfolk and Suffolk encountered what seems to be two warships roaming near the atlantic ocean. They were going to attack them but they made a huge deal mistake for deciding to attack them. It was Prinz Eugen that they mistook as Bismarck and they engaged in the battle. 

The Royal Navy have been in war with the Iron Blood since two weeks after Greynar has returned to NY City. Iron Blood who is known for their thirst with Siren's technology used most of their known technology to have a war with Royal Navy. At first, they have advantage over Royal Navy's fleet in terms of firepower, but then it gradually become a losing battle with Royal Navy adapting their battle tactics. 

Norfolk and Suffolk was on-duty to patrol the area around Denmark Strait at night, which is why there's no reinforcement to help them against Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. Hood and Prince of Wale that just got back from Norwegian Sea, spotted a fight occurred between Iron Blood and Royal Navy's ships. The battlecruiser and battleship exchanged blow in an instant they met. Norfolk and Suffolk were saved from the threat of Iron Blood.

But Hood wasn't engaging the battle without a scratch, she took more damage than Bismarck due to her rigging won't fire the canon. Bismarck also mysteriously did something to herself, she has gotten more powerful compared to last time. Upon hearing the news, Queen Elizabeth was throwed a tantrum with a teary eyes and prepared the entire Royal Knights to chase Prinz Eugen and Bismarck. 

As Greynar listening to the news that Saratoga brought, the global powerscale shifted once again. With how the story goes on, he knew that no matter the outcome, Bismarck will lose the battle against massive fleets of Royal Navy. And his prediction come true. After waiting for another hours, they bear the news that Bismarck has been defeated in the battle against Royal Navy. There's also an elite Siren that they encountered called Tester.  

"In short, Bismarck has fall due to the influence of a Siren, and the Royal Navy decided to put her out of misery." Greynar raised his brow.

"Yes, Commander, Bismarck of the Iron Blood is aware of the danger that made by the Siren, but she got influenced eventually by what presumably an elite Siren, the same as Tester." Enterprise said, while reading the document she just brought. 

"I see, well keep me updated on what's going on with the Europa situation, you can go now, and thank you." Greynar dismissed her. 

Before Enterprise left, she reminded him. "Commander, don't forget that you have another assignment and comission reports that you need submit for today." Enterprise gave him a few words and closed the door. 

Greynar groaned as he stretched his arm. "How long until we could go back to the original port." 

It's been months since the reconstruction of the Azur Lane port. He can't wait to go back and stay at his own place rather than staying in NY Harbour. While it's a nice place, it lacks something important. Maybe he was just exaggerating it, but the vibe of both ports are vastly different. Yesterday before, he received a news that the construction went well and the place has been upgraded to look more stunningly beautiful at first glance. 

He didn't know what to expect except just nodding off along the entire explanation. He also send some shipgirls to patrol the area around the port to protect it against Siren attack, in case something happened, they could report it immediately to him using the S.O.S button. With no reports of anomalous occurrence around the Azur Lane port, he can stay relax but still keeping eye on it.

"Also, the circumstance regarding Iris Libre... I haven't forgotten the promise we made." Greynar closed his eyes and slumped down on his chair.

He promised to the cardinal of Iris Libre to try persuade her sister into joining hands with her. But he knew that it's impossible because Jean Bart has enough of the facade play that the Siren used to deal with her allies. She want to make sure that no one was on either side, which was her way to ensure her friends and comrade not to fall for the same trick again.

He opened his eyes and shook his head. Greynar fixed his sitting position and began to sign some papers. The papers was an easy task for him and it's not very stacked like yesterday. The hell he have to gone through has receded greatly, staying overnight was the best decision he could make. Due to some paperwork and stuff, Volga always bring him some food that she cook almost everyday. The auburn-haired carrier said it was the joint effort of her and Aurora's cook.

When he tasted the food, he got a bit teary because it remind him of the cooking back at earth, even though this is still earth but different reality from his world. The sun is setting down as he looked across the window behind him. Greynar yawned, he hasn't gotten enough rest for the day, he wanted to take this opportunity to take a stroll outside but the work has piled up and he don't want to delay it a single bit. 

'Well if you told me two years ago that i will be sitting here as the Commander of a fictional world, i wouldn't believe a single bit of it.' He mused.

The Commander grunted, he wanted to take some holiday but with the threat of Siren still exist and lingering around the world, he can't be easygoing. After a short break, he continued his work diligently with a plan on his mind to do something after he finished the work.

※ ※ ※

"That's the last page." Greynar closed the last document he need to submit tomorrow.

Before he could even put it to the side, a knock came in from the door. Greynar urged the person to come inside, the door opened, revealing Aurora that just arrived from a comission task. After she reported everything, Aurora took a sit near the sofa next to his table.

"Commander, are you done with your work?" She curiously asked. 

Greynar glanced at the document and nodded to her. "I'm done for today... Well, i might be free for tomorrow since it's the document that needed to be done for the weeks." 

Hearing that Aurora's eye turned into sparkle and asked him a question. "How about we go fishing tomorrow?" 

Greynar widened his eyes, it was a plan he had on his mind. "Sure, i also plan to go out and take a breather from the port." 

"Really!" Aurora clasped her hand, "Then it's settled, i will tell Volga about it." She slowly went to his side and pecked a kiss on his cheek. "Good night, Commander." 

"Good night, Aurora." She gave him a small smile before closing the door. 

After some time has passed, Greynar leaned on the chair and moved his gaze over the ceilling. 'Fishing huh? I haven't done that for a while.'

It's been a long time since he went fishing, especially since he arrived into this world. Every time he went to the lake with his father, he would catch a few medium or small fish. He chuckled a little as he remembered the days when he had accidentally fallen into the lake. It was a hot mess because he had to change all his wet clothes. He was scolded, but as it wasn't on purpose, his father only gave him a quick scolding.

The Commander stood up and turned off the light of the room. He locked the office and walked to his own room, big-sized room which he already got used to it. When he arrived in front of his room, he find it strange that his door was slightly opened from inside. He took a sigh and slowly shook his head, clearly guessed who was inside his room.

The light was on, it was probably because he forgot to turn it off in the morning. He opened the door with a slight creak, but no one seemed to respond to the sound. He raised his brow, thinking the other side was sleeping on his bed. When he focused his gaze at the bed, he could see a red-haired girl sleeping peacefully on the bed. He looked away when he saw a pairing that seemed to almost to slip out from the clothes.

He wondered why that God gave him a cruel test. He shook his head and slowly gathered his courage to fixed her clothes.

"Commander, no... Nnnh...  Not there...."She murmured in her sleep.

'Seriously, the hell she was dreaming during her nap?' Greynar curiously asked in silent.

He poked her cute face while slightly amused by her carefree behavior. The carrier frowned a bit before opening her eyes slowly, dumbfounded by the situation she was in, Volga slowly raised her body. 

"Good morning, princess... Have you had enough sleep yet?" Greynar with a grin, cracked a joke. 

"Commander..." The Northern Parliament girl yawned, "Is it already night?" She rubbed her eyes and stared at the window.

"Yeah, it's already in the middle of night." Greynar replied. 

"Hmm... I see..." Still sleepy, Volga stood up and went into the bathroom to wash her face. 

After a few minutes, she came out out of the bathroom and dryed her face with the towel, "Have you eaten yet Commander?" She asked him, hanging the towel in a nearby hook.

"No, i haven't, i forgot to eat since there's so much work, sorry..." Greynar lowered his head, he felt guilty for not following her advice properly.

"Nnn..." Volga shook her head. "It's okay... I know that you are very busy in these past week due to the time constraint and the deadline." 

The Commander was grateful yet amazed, for the girl in his presence displayed the kindness and mercy of a saint. He thought she will scold him, but she have a proper understanding of his situation which made him fall in love more with her. He was grateful that she is by his side and promised silently not to make her disappointed. 

"Then, shall we go get a food together?" Volga showed a warm enticing smile. 

"Alright, since im still not sleepy." Greynar accepted her invitation. 

They went out to the cafeteria which of course, was pretty empty and dark. Greynar turned on some part of the area and the kitchen. While he could cook properly, he just love his girlfriend's homemade food. After a while, Volga got out with three bowl, the first bowl, was a Borscht which he knew of the origin of the food. The second one, was a Fish Pie. And the third one was a Katsu Curry that somehow made him surprised. 

The three different foods, each coming form different country. It was like an expensive hotel restaurant that served everything. He was drooling, but he was restraining himself to not be greedy when eating.

"There, Commander. Let us dig in." Volga clasped her hand, they begin their small midnight dinner. 

They both had a great time and ate to their hearts' content. Chatting and laughing with each other, it didn't take long for them to finish their food because they were both hungry. Suddenly, someone's hand hugged Greynar from behind, interupting their small talk. 

"Still not sleeping yet?" The mysterious person asked, from her voice, Greynar guessed it was Aurora.

"Hi Aurora!" Volga greeted her Royal Navy sister-mate.

Aurora turned her head to Volga, "Hello, how are you doing, Volga?" The blonde cruiser smiled at her friend.

"I'm good, we're pretty hungry so i invited Commander to get some food." 

"Oh," Aurora added. "And i was trying to find you in the room but you were nowhere to be seen, where have you been?" She was curious where did her friend went to. 

"T-thats..." Volga looked at Greynar, signaling she needed his help to explain to Aurora.

Greynar chuckled and nodded at her, "She was in my room." He deliberately spill her secret where she was at. 

Volga felt she has been betrayed by her trusted partner. Aurora burst laughing looking at the expression she was making. Meanwhile, the Commander had a wide grin plastered on his face, it was a perfect opportunity to tease his lover since she always tried to sneak up into his room, a payback. 

Aurora played along with his tease, "So... What were you doing in his room, Volga?" She was also curious how did her friend get into his room. 

"I-i...." She stuttered, "...It was an accident! Yes, it was an accident that i suddenly went to the Commander room. That must be it...!" She tried to convince herself, which failed miserably due to the embarrassment she accumulated within the next second.

Her cheeks flushed bright red she hid her face with both hands in front. Aurora tapped her shoulder, "Just let me know when you want to sneak around in the Commander room, i will help you to distract him." 

"That's not the case!" She paused for brief moment, spanning her attention to Greynar. "It just feel comfortable inside the room." 

"Oh, is that so?" Aurora raised her brow while grinning, "Isn't it because of Commander's scent?" 

"What? NO!" Volga abruptly shutdown her assumption, with her cheek still flushed red. 

"Ahahaha... Tone it down Aurora, i know that she doesn't mean anything." Greynar noticed that he need to take action before it escalate to more problem. "Besides," He added. "Don't you want to tell something?"

"Oh, right." Aurora fixed herself before explaining the plan. "How about the three of us go fishing together?" 

"Fishing?" Volga tilted her head. 

"Yes! I heard from Saratoga if we want to relax ourselves, we can go fishing on the middle of the sea! There's also a fishing boat parked near the port and it's unused." The cruiser explained.

"Sounds wonderful," Volga clasped her hand. "I will prepare for the food." 

"That's decided then, i will go fetch some baits tomorrow." Greynar said.

"Well, we better get going, i'm sleepy already." Aurora yawned. 

"Okay~ Let's go." Before they left the cafeteria, they stopped, and turned to Greynar. 

""Good night Commander.""

"Good night." The Commander waved at them. 

Greynar went back to his own room, changed all of his clothes and opened his balcony. He let the cold breeze of the wind from sea filled his room, accompanied by the light of the moon reflecting the surface of the sea. Being in this world made him realize how beautiful the sea is during the night. It was regretful that he never got to see this sight in his own world. 

He looked at the ink-black sky, dotted with a twinkling star. The future is still a mystery for him, but the present day is a gift. With how the past became history, he will cherish the moment of the sight every night whenever he felt like it.

0