Chapter 3 Making waves
39 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 Making waves

 

I gained permission from Granny Karena to keep Cottonee with some conditions attached.

I had to keep her well groomed luckily the daycare had a grooming kit for grass type Pokémon

Any excess fluff I manage to comb out had to be given to Karena so she could make her infamous family sweaters. I didn’t know it at the time but, Cottonee cotton is considered to be a luxury material for making clothes. Also, I couldn’t slip up with my grades. What she didn’t know was that all time the time I spend “studying” in my room was actually spent playing duck, duck, goose and sardines with Cottonee and the daycare Pokémon.

 

“Now try a fairy wind!”

 

“Nnee!”

 

A gust of wind launches at Purrloin, leaving a trail of pink, sparkling dust but, before the squall reached it’s intended target the move fizzled out.

 

“Fury swipes!”

 

Grandpa Anton taking advantage of this opening immediately ordered purloin to close in what followed was the familiar sight of my Cottonee fainted on the ground.

 

“Kid we are almost finished training the Lillipup and Purrloin. After this battle you should focus on individually training your Cottonee to master this new move of yours.”

 

“Purrloin started favoring bipedal movement and its hind legs have become longer this indicates that she’s close to evolving and the principal specifically wants us to wait for next month’s battle demonstration so they can turn that moment into a lesson about evolution.”

 

Anton forms a frustrated expression.

“If only we had a couple of everstones…”

 

 He wouldn’t tell me considering I was still a kid but, I knew the daycare was on the rocks.

We didn’t have a steady influx of customers because this daycare isn’t as highly escribed since the owners are only 3 badge trainers.

 

Most adults who work in the Pokémon industry have tried the gym challenge at one point in their lives. The number of badges you earn during this period is used as an indicator by customers of your know-how and gives you a certain amount of status in society.

 

Looking over the ranch seeing all those empty sheds and ponds I made my decision.

 

I was back on a roundtrip to Nacrene city with Charles he was the daycare’s only regular visitor.

The reason?

He was crushing hard on the elderly couple’s granddaughter, Daniela worked right next door and every time he visited, he took the opportunity to gaze at her from the window during recess time at the kindergarten.

 

“I am telling you Charles just ask her out.

I’ve already checked there is no other man in the picture.”

 

“What if she says… no?”

 

“You have a steady job, your great with Pokémon and her grandparents adore you.”

 

While I was trying to convince Charles to go for it, we finally arrived at our destination.

 

The familiar sight of a red roofed building entered my field of vision.

“Thanks for dropping us off Charles, and don’t forget to give Basculin lots of attention!”

 

“Nnee!”

 

Cottonee finally made its way free from underneath my Jacket and waved her leafy appendage toward the biker.

 

We separated as I made my way towards the Pokémon center, Charles headed on towards route 5 just past Nimbasa city. Route 5 is the busiest route in all of Unova just before the drawbridge connecting to Driftveil City was where all performers like him gathered to attract crowds.

 

“Time for another study session bestie!”

 

“Nnee!”

 

We made our way past the automatic doors; Nurse joy was standing behind the reception desk as usual.

 

“Good morning who is your new friend?”

 

“This is my new partner Pokémon Cottonee”

 

“Nnee!”

 

“Hello sweetheart”

“Why don’t you leave her with me so she can get a checkup? We have computers available in the media room.”

 

“Okay”

 

After handing Cottonee over to nurse Joy I started walking to the back of the media room and logged into one of the computers.

Logging into the trainers’ forum I started making myself familiar with the user agreement.

 

After making sure I wasn’t violating any sort of law doing this I started up a thread under the topic Evolution à Methods.

 

I started typing:

 

Rediscovery lost evolutionary methods from ancient Sinnoh.

 

Recently I came across an old and debilitated scroll containing descriptions of Pokémon that currently don’t exist. After checking the veracity of the information contained in the scroll, I decided to start up this thread. Seeing as I am currently in need of funds, I have decided to sell some of these evolutionary methods. To ensure the readers of this thread that this isn’t an elaborate hoax the first evolutionary method will be made public.

 

We all know Scyther evolves into a Scizor with the help of a metal coat, but this species of Pokémon has an alternate evolutionary path. With the help of an item called Black Augurite Scyther is able to evolve into a rock and bug type called Kleavor.

Black Augurite is a glassy black stone that produces a sharp cutting edge when split. This item might rarely be found on the bodies of wild Graveler in Sinnoh.

 

As for the other 2 evolutionary methods I rediscovered.

Both Ursaring and Stantler seem to be able to evolve further.

If a person is interested in purchasing these two methods just type in an offer in the comment section below. My Pokénet access is shaky right now so it might take a while before I get a chance to respond to your bid. If this does happen, I will personally message you to discuss the terms of your proposition.

 

Signed,

 

Anonymous

 

Okay this should do it.

 

Closing the thread, I started exploring other parts of the trainer forums.

The newly opened fairy-type thread seemed to be gaining traction. For the rest of my time spent on the computer I argued with 3 other users why Chansey couldn’t possibly be a Fairy type.

 

Eventually Nurse Joy came back with Cottonee and we left the building.

Deciding it was time for some adventure.

Tucking her back into my jacket we left for route 3.

 

The official routes are safe for the most part being supervised by Rangers and Ace trainers but, accidents could still happen not that I was worried though. We practically lived on route 3, the only danger was the herd of wild Zebstrika and Blitzle. These Pokémon were known to have a fiery temperament but were easy to avoid on the plains.

 

For now, I didn’t have any plans regarding any future Pokémon I wanted to add to my team. My focus was on getting Cottonee stronger. Currently her known moves were absorb, fairy wind, stun spore and tickle.

The plan was to teach her more moves and since we couldn’t train with the daycare Pokémon, we decided to find a wild one.

 

We were making our way through the tall grass when I spotted a group of Patrat lazing about on a tree stump. Knocking on a nearby tree I let them know we were present as to avoid startling the little guys.

 

“Hey there me an Cottonee were looking for a sparring partner are any of you interested in a match?

 

“Nnee!”

 

You see most Pokémon liked getting stronger.

In the wild getting stronger meant having an easier time fighting for food and it also helps with finding a mate.

Thusly I was not surprised when one of the Patrat stood up and gave me a confirming nod

 

“Rat”

 

Okay here we go.

Cottonee use stun spore!

 

Cottonee scattered a cloud of numbing powder that paralyzes its target.

The Patrat however somehow saw it coming and leaped up into the branches of a nearby tree to avoid it.

 

Careful Cottonee it used detect.

Try and blow it out of the tree with a fairy wind!

 

This time the Patrat couldn’t dodge in time the blow from the fairy wind knocked it out of the tree.

 

Follow up with a stun spore!

 

The same powder from before blanketed the area. Patrat having made a split-second decision ignored the incoming stun spore and leaped forward hitting Cottonee with a tackle attack.

 

“Cottonee! hold on and hit it with absorb”

 

Cottonee releases two red beams from the leaves on the side of its body at the opponent.

The Patrat slowed down by its paralysis couldn’t dodge the attack

The nutrients leaving Patrat’s body get absorbed by Cottonee slightly healing her.

 

At this point the battle was already over Cottonee finished the battle with hit and run tactics until the Patrat was completely drained.

 

At this point the two remaining Patrat speed off further into the woods making a lot of calling sounds. Eventually they returned with a bipedal pink-and-cream colored Pokémon.

 

Audino are the only Pokémon in Unova you could find in almost any route. You can describe them as nature’s little helper. Making sure that any Pokémon that gets injured from “training sessions” doesn’t have to lose valuable foraging time being stuck with injuries. In turn even the nastiest Pokémon will refuse to attack a wild Audino

 

The Audino escorted by the two Pokémon put its hands in front of its body and a light pink ball of energy appeared in between them. Audino then opened its arms and the orb broke apart into multiple light pink sparkles, releasing waves of light pink energy with light pink sparkles in it that expand outward, causing the Patrats injuries to slowly fade away.

 

The Patrat was still paralyzed though so for good measure I fished out a Cheri berry out of my pocket and gave it to the downed Pokémon. Any trainer worth his salt comes prepared. A sudden gust of wind and you might be the one paralyzed.

 

“See? Good as new.”

“That was really impressive maneuvering dodging that first stun spore. But if an opponent can keep their distance, they will eventually wear you down. I recommend trying to learn hypnosis a sleeping opponent isn’t going anywhere”

 

“Rat” Determination

 

After that we walked back to the daycare. It was going to take hours on foot, but I didn’t mind.

After coming to this world, I realized how unpolluted nature is around these parts. It did make sense though I am pretty sure semi-intelligent to more intelligent creatures with superpowers don’t appreciate humans mucking up their homes. The exception being certain poison-types.

 

We passed the route 3 lake I was tempted to take a dip the first time I saw the clear waters but was quickly advised not to by old man Anton. Swimming overall was a bad idea in Unova unless you had a strong water type to protect you. These lakes and rivers were filled with schools of Basculin. Mostly these piranha Pokémon would only rough you up for entering their territory, but you hear the occasional fisherman story where things have gone completely south. This lake in particular also has Goldeen living in it and rarely you might spot a Corphish breaching its shore at night.

 

We finally arrived back at the daycare around late afternoon. Walking in I smelled Karena’s cooking.

Hmmmm Yum berry filled Gyoza.

Anton finished up at the ranch and we had a peaceful dinner.

 

As we were washing the dishes the doorbell rang.

 

“Alec, can you get it?”

 

I put down my plate and make my way towards the door opening it I saw a familiar face.

 

“Hello officer Jenny, Isn’t our next appointment not in another month or so?”

 

I heard old man Anton shout from the other side of the house.

 

“Who is it?”

 

Shouting back, I tell him

 

“Its officer Jenny probably some of my test results have come in”

 

Jenny showed me a conflicted expression before making her point.

 

“Alec, what have you done?”

 

“I am not really sure what you’re talking about”

 

“Some of the higherups in the League association have suddenly taken a keen interest in you. And since I am your case worker who do you figure gets notified first?”

 

Starting to make the connection I pondered how to talk my way out of this.

 

“Umm I started a thread on the Trainer’s forum this morning, but I did so anonymously”

 

“Did you do so on a league computer?”

 

“Yes”

 

“That’s it then, the league network is surveyed by Porygon if they want to figure out who you are it is easy to do so.”

 

“What were you writing that made them all so eager to meet with you anyways?”

 

“Some of my memories regarding Pokémon have come back, and I thought I could earn some extra money on the side. I’ve noticed some Pokémon that I know of were missing from the national registry.”

 

Officer Jenny started rubbing her temples

“Ugh… I feel a headache coming on”

“Okay, here’s what we’ll do.”

3