Chapter 10 – Victory
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the zombies left the city, an unearthly silence echoed throughout the ruined city. At the mayor's office, Arthur and his friends looked out the broken window and grimaced.

 

Since the flag was now gone, Arthur could only change his plans. They must kill every enemy who survived the swarm. But the problem was...their numbers.

 

They have four members left while the opposing team has six. The odds were against their favor. This was the worst-case scenario that he had dreaded.

 

Arthur shook his head and sighed in exhaustion. He shouldn't give up. There was still a chance. If Arsenal could join up with them, then they could survive this war. But...where was Arsenal? Could it be...was he at the post office?

 

"What should we do next?" Gem asked Arthur as she relaxed her ability.

 

"We should head over to the post office. I think Arsenal is there...and I bet the rest of the enemies are as well."

 

"Sounds like a plan." King Jo agreed. "Arsenal is one of our strongest attackers. But he is still human. He can't take on that many Writers at once."

 

"Alright! Let's go!"

 

..........

 

As the zombies left the vicinity, Eden released his Garden. He collapsed on his knees in exhaustion. Eros crouched next to Eden and gave him a hug. "It's not your fault Eden. Don't blame yourself."

 

"Yea, Eden. If you do want to repay for your faults, then win this battle!" JJ affirmed.

 

"You're right. Let's win this RP!" Eden nodded as he stood up and dusted himself. "Any movements from the enemy?"

 

"We saw two of them get swept away by the zombies. I think that sniper is the only one left." Kit replied.

 

"Is that so? Then, we need to defeat him in order to move on. Let's move to Plan B."

 

"No, let's skip that and move to Plan C. I'll take care of Arsenal. You guys go on ahead." Kit responded as he summoned another large kit. Opening it, Kit pulled out a sniper rifle and a box of ammunition.

 

"You sure? Can you take him on?"

 

"Trust me."

 

"Okay. Guys, let's move. Cover us, Kit."

 

"No problem."

 

Eden, JJ, and Eros blitzed towards the building while Kit hid behind some bushes by the road. When Arsenal saw the three Writers charge towards him, he raised his rifle and aimed.

 

However, before he could fire a shot, a bullet pierced into a wall behind him. It had barely missed his vitals. Arsenal reared back and hid behind a pillar.

 

Who shot him? Where did the bullet come from? Arsenal dug into his Vault and grabbed a flash bomb. He tossed it over his head, right into the path of the runners.

 

FLASH!

 

All three Writers were unprepared for the surprise and their eyes were momentarily blinded. Arsenal emerged from hiding and aimed at the closest Writer - Eros.

 

Before he could fire, he was once again interrupted by the unknown sniper. Arsenal dove down and laid flat on the floor. He rummaged through his vault a pulled out a grenade. He threw it out the window and just as the grenade was about to land, it exploded in midair.

 

"So the enemy can even snipe grenades in midair." Arsenal mumbled as he heard his failure.

 

Even though he knew that the hated Eden was in that group of three, there was nothing he could do except let the three runners go and focus on the shooter.

 

Maybe it was fate for Arthur to handle the rest. After all, it was Arthur who brought the ten of them together...them who shared the same hatred for Eden and blame him for their ruined lives.

 

Arsenal took a deep breath and calmed his nerves. "Activate! Open Vault! Gas mask and smoke bombs!"

 

The teenager placed the mask over his face and threw a smoke bomb into the room. Covered by the smoke, Arsenal stood up and threw a couple of smoke bombs onto the ground.

 

As the smoke rose and covered most of the building, he scaled down the building and hid behind some rubble. He looked around as the smoke thinned out and spotted a glint of light. That must be from the scope of the sniper rifle!

 

Arsenal charged forward and aimed his sights at the glint. With a bang, he fired an accurate shot. The bullet traveled through the air and pierced into...a tree? There was no one there! The sniper rifle was positioned inside the hollow center of a rotting tree.

 

But that's not what Arsenal was looking at. He was trying to find the enemy Writer. If the enemy let go of his rifle, then that meant he would be trying for close range combat.

 

Arsenal dropped his sniper rifle and stuck his hands into his Vault. Just as he pulled out two Desert Eagles, the smoke around him began to fluctuate. Something's coming!

 

Arsenal took a few steps back and aimed his guns. Suddenly, a shield came flying towards him. It crashed into his left hand, spraining his wrist and knocking the gun from his hand.

 

Arsenal bit through the pain and raised the gun in his other hand. However, Kit had already closed the distance between them. The young Writer tackled Arsenal, knocking him down. They struggled around on the ground until....

 

BANG!

 

A shot was fired in the confusion but who was hit? Arsenal looked at his bloody shirt and patted himself for a wound...but there was none. Then, where did the blood come from? Could it be? Arsenal glanced up at the young man. He had a stunned look on his face. Blood poured out of the gaping wound in his chest.

 

Kit saw the hole in his chest and knew that his time was almost up. In that moment, he knew that he had to at least do something beneficial to his group before he died. He raised his gun quickly and aimed it at Arsenal's head.

 

BANG!

 

Kit shot him dead before he could react. He looked at the sky with a peaceful smile. "Eden...guys...I've done what I can.... I-I'm heading out first...."

 

SYSTEM: ARSENAL OF THE YOUTH WRITERS HAD PERISHED TO KIT OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION!

 

SYSTEM: KIT OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD PERISHED TO ARSENAL OF THE YOUTH WRITERS!

 

..........

 

Somewhere on the road to the mayor's office....

 

Eden, JJ, and Eros of PWA had finally met Arthur, King Jo, and Gem from Youth Writers. These two teams were currently facing each other in stare-down. No one said anything until the two system messages appeared.

 

"What? Kit was killed by Arsenal!?" Eden remarked in shock.

 

Similarly, Arthur gasped. "How can this be? Arsenal died to Kit?!"

 

Gem glanced over at their enemies and remarked. "It looks like it's just us. How about we settle this the old-fashioned way?"

 

"We won't have it any other way." JJ punched their palm.

 

"Enough talk! Let's settle this!" King Jo roared as she activated her skill. "Activate! JoKing! Eden's ability is a joke!"

 

"What? You could do that?" Eden shrieked as he realized that, even though he could channel his Creativity, he could not activate his ability.

 

Arthur caught the fainted teenager and laid her aside to rest. "Good job King Jo, you've done your part. Now let us do ours. Activate! Knights of the Round Table! Summon Lancelot, Gawain, Percival, and Galahad!"

 

Four powerful looking, full-armored knights appeared before Arthur. With an order from Arthur, the four charged towards the three Writers of PWA. Lancelot arrived first and swung his sword, Tyrfing, leaving a trail of flame in its wake.

 

The blade struck JJ who had turned into Jay. Jay roared in anger and knocked the blade aside. He rushed in to tackle Lancelot only to have his side blown apart by a powerful, bone-shattering swing of Galahad's warhammer.

 

Jay tumbled to the side but quickly scrambled to his feet. Though the damage could fell an elephant, Jay was only slightly bruised. While Jay was occupied with the fiery swings of Lancelot and the earthshaking blows of Galahad, Eros and Eden defended themselves against the remaining two knights - Gawain and Percival.

 

Eros aimed her Creativity at the two knights, unsure of who to hit. Her ability only allowed her to target one at a time. Suddenly, Eden exclaimed. "Eros, hit Gawain first!"

 

Eros repositioned her hand towards Gawain and shouted. "Activate! Cupid's Arrow! Love the one you see first!"

 

A pink arrow with a heart-shaped tip flew out of Eros's hand and pierced into Gawain's heart. Struck by the arrow of love, Gawain rushed to Eros's side and proclaimed his love for her. Eros nodded and told him to protect her. Gawain turned around and faced Percival.

 

With a mighty roar, Gawain charged with his steel gauntlets and punched Percival. However, Percival dodged at the nick of time. The two knights continued to be occupied with each other, dodging and receiving hits.

 

Gawain had a powerful, holy ability that regenerated his health while Percival could see a few seconds into the future, giving him ample time to dodge Gawain's attacks. Overall, these two knights fought to a stalemate.

 

Upon seeing the deadlock, Gem charged in and screamed. "Activate! Gemini! Double boost for Lancelot, Percival, and Galahad!"

 

With roars of renewed energy, Lancelot and Galahad overpowered Jay, knocking him into a tree and sending him into the world of unconsciousness. Lancelot walked up to Jay and pierced his sword into Jay's neck. With a sickening wrench, he tore the head brutally off.

 

SYSTEM: JJ OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD PERISHED TO ARTHUR OF THE YOUTH WRITERS!

 

Percival, having increased the length of time he could see into the future. Predicted Gawain's tenth move and intercepted the righteous knight. With a swing of his staff, he knocked Gawain's hands away, leaving his front side wide open. Galahad rushed in and swung his warhammer into Gawain's opening.

 

BOOM!

 

Blood squirted out of Gawain as his body caved in from the attack. Gawain collapsed onto the ground and dispersed. Having died, Gawain returned to his world. The remaining three knights marched towards Eden and Eros. All seemed to be lost when, suddennly....

 

SYSTEM: TARGET NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN REACHED! UNLEASHING THE SECOND BOSS - JUGGERNAUT - IN 10...9....

 

"The second boss? Not now! We're just about to win! What should we do, Arthur?" Gem whined as she glanced over to Arthur.

 

Arthur grimaced at the message and hollered at his knights. "Lancelot! Come back and defend me! Percival, Galahad! Finish them off quickly!"

 

8...7....

 

Lancelot rushed back to Arthur's side while Percival and Galahad rushed towards Eden.

 

6...5....

 

Eros raised her hand up once more and exclaimed. "Activate! Cupid's Arrow! Love the one you see first!"

 

Another pink arrow flew out and headed straight for Percival. Having seen this attack in the future, Percival dodged it easily. The arrow flew past Percival and Galahad...straight for Gem!

 

4...3....

 

Eden pushed Eros aside and took the brunt of the two knights' attacks. He was knocked back a couple of meters. Though he wasn't dead, he was severely injured and incapacitated.

 

2...1....

 

"That's it! Kill him, my knights!" Arthur shouted with a triumphant look on his face. He was just about to raise his hands in the air in victory when he felt something tug on his arm. "Gem, what are you doing? Why are you so close? What's wrong with you?"

 

0!

 

BOOM!

 

A huge, muscular zombie landed in the middle of the two teams. It roared in anger and swung his arm, landing a mighty backhand slap into Galahad. Percival dove in and tried to trip the beast with his staff, but it broke upon impact.

 

The Juggernaut spat out a blob of green slime at Percival. Though the wise knight dodged the attack, little did he know, the blob of green slime had exuded a light green smoke into the air. Percival, upon breathing in the smoke, fell to his knees. His body shimmered in green as if severely poisoned.

 

Seeing Percival disappear, Arthur tried to summon another knight but Gem won't get off of his arm. It was as if she was wholly attracted to him. Wait...attraction!

 

The cupid arrow that Percival dodged earlier! It must have hit Gem! Arthur murmured a word of apology towards the young girl and flung her off of him. He raised his hands to begin the activation when....

 

SYSTEM: LALA OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD CAPTURED THE FLAG! THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD WON THE RP COMMUNITY WAR! ALL REMAINING PARTICIPANTS PREPARE TO EXIT!

 

..........

 

A few minutes ago....

 

"Whew! That's the last of them." Shu muttered as he stomped the last zombie flat.

 

Tefnut bowed to Amisa and reported. "Princess, though it too a while, we have finally killed all of the zombies within this domain."

 

"Thanks. You may be dismissed." Amisa nodded as she gave her two guardians a bright smile.

 

"Yes, Princess!"

 

The two lion gods reentered the portal, which disappeared subsequently. Lala, having overheard the conversation sighed with relief and released her domain. "What should we do next, Amisa?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe we should enter that building." Amisa shrugged as she pointed at the mayor's office.

 

"Okay! Hmm, what's this?" Lala reached over and pulled at something that was partially sticking out of the pile of zombie corpses.

 

"That...that's a flag!" Amisa chirped in excitement. "Could it be the one we're looking for?"

 

Lala pulled out the flag and raised it high in the air. "Only one way to find out. Wait a minute."

 

A minute later....

 

SYSTEM: LALA OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD CAPTURED THE FLAG! THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD WON THE RP COMMUNITY WAR! ALL REMAINING PARTICIPANTS PREPARE TO EXIT!

1