Chapter 1: You, from the other side.
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a blink, he was in a street buzzing with people. A street that shouldn't be there with people who shouldn't exist. His brain froze for a second and his heartbeat peaked.

For a moment that felt like an Eternity, Thomas was sure that he wasn't supposed to be standing in a street. Just a second ago, he was in his room, in front of his computer writing his novel.

His heart was beating in his ears. All noises became silent. His body was heavy as stone. He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. Not only that, but he couldn't think.

Everything was normal.

His heartbeat was normal. He could move. He could breathe. His mind was calm.

People were walking around him like nothing happened. None of them were staring at him. Like he was there from the beginning. Thomas looked around for the first time. The buildings were a strange mix of modern and futuristic. The road and the sidewalk were wide. Strangely wide.

He looked down at his hands. They didn't seem to have changed, but his clothes did. He was now wearing a trench coat that he never owned. It wasn't even a good one, it looked like it belonged to a homeless person. Brown, dirty and full of holes.

People started to stare at him, so he moved. He didn't know where he was going, the street was straight and buzzing with people. He could see shops and cafés here and there.

None of them gave him any clue on where he was. He was too anxious to ask a person where he was, but at the same time he was strangely calm, like he knew this place.

He kept walking for a while. All he could hear was the chatting of the other pedestrians and the sound of cars. In his mind, he was trying to rationalize things. Maybe he had a case of amnesia, or he was having a strange dream.

A dream that was too real, he thought, since when people are this handsome ?

This fact shocked him a lot. He didn't once cross a person who looked below average. Some of them were average, but in the good kind. He didn't want to look at the people's faces, he felt like a weirdo, but he needed to be sure.

Faces and bodies that belonged to models were casually walking up and down the street. Some looked more muscular and fit than others. It was strange.

He kept walking aimlessly. Sometimes taking turns. Sometimes crossing the road. At some point, he checked his pockets and found out they were empty. He didn't have his wallet on him, nor his phone.

That was a problem. A big one.

Why didn't I check sooner ? Why do I feel like something is lacking ?

His body and thoughts were strange. He felt like something was holding back his mind from panicking or questioning his situation. He knew he should be more reacting, but he couldn't. From the corner of his eyes, he saw something interesting.

Are those tourists ?

He starts walking faster toward a particular group of people. They were all wearing shorts and hats. In some of their hands, he could see cameras. They were taking pictures of something big. He sped toward them, avoiding pushing people as much as he could.

When he got close to them, he saw a sight that he couldn't forget, he felt like his breath was stolen from him.

What he saw was one of the most famous monuments in France. The Eiffel Tower (La Tour Eiffel) bustling with tourists. The tourists didn't shock him. What shocked him were the holographic display around the tip of the Tower and the flag that was at the top of it.

The flag had a blue background with the European Continent in white surrounded by stars.

This flag alongside the holographic display caused his brain to stop because he knew that he shouldn't be able to see this. This flag and the news that were displayed belonged to another world. A world that only exists in a book. A book that he was writing.

I must be dreaming ! Thought Thomas as he kept slapping his cheeks, Yes ! This is just a dream ! A very weird one !

People were giving strange looks as he was currently sitting on one of the many benches of the park. Some parents were keeping their children from looking in his direction or totally avoiding going near him.

His current habits and actions were misleading them. They thought he was a homeless person in the middle of a mental breakdown, or a drug addicted who didn't have his dose.

Shit! That hurt a lot.

His cheeks were red, and he was starting to tear up. He leaned back against the bench and looked up at the sky. It was strangely blue and clear. Not a single cloud in the sky. The sun was at the very top, showing it was the middle of the day. Normally, he would think it would be a perfect day, but right now it is a nightmare.

He knows a lot about this world and its story. He can say with assurance that it is one of his worst creations. One of the most cliché story possible. A dense protagonist coming from the countryside, only good at swinging his word but has a very good heart. He joins a prestigious school where he will have a ton of adventure and will gather a harem of women from every background possible. In their adventure they will fight people, monsters, demons, and gods in order to see this world. Let's not forget that the protagonist is denser than a neutron star. One could be asking why he created such monstrosity, but the answer is easy.

Money. The kind of story was like your typical Isekai stories. All are the same garage, but with different powers and slightly different settings.

Shit… At least I know I will not die to some kind of psycho.

In a way, Thomas was lucky. He may hate this world with passion, but he knows this is one of his safest works and from the look of it, he arrived before the plot began. Those two things were wonderful. He knows that he doesn't need to intervene in the story. Because it is one of the kind where the Hero always wins and barely meets any kind of struggle that he can't overcome by using his "inner strength" and the "teaching of his friends".

Also, why would he put himself in danger ! He doesn't know how to fight or how to use magic ! The Hero of this world is dense, stupid protagonist who can achieve anything by doing stupid shit and get every girl he met because he either 1°) save them from any kind of danger or 2°) act like a stupid simp and befriend them by ignoring their social statue and get to know the true "girl behind the mask" !

And of course, the girls all act like the stereotypical Rom Com girl ! Tsundere, Kuudere, childhood friend, tom boy and so many more ! All of them lose all of their IQ the moment they fall in love !

Thomas felt like gagging for creating this plot. A huge part of him was deeply ashamed, and another one was not because he needed the money. It's not like he was in deep need of money before. He just wanted to achieve something (mainly getting paid) by using his passion.

He was pulled from his mind by a voice coming from his right.

"Hey, you! Stand up and put your hand in the air !"

It was a police officer. He was standing there, menacingly. His hand on his taser. This scared Thomas a little. He never had this kind of encounter with the police. He was an upstanding citizen.

"Y-Yes! N-o problem, sir !" replied Thomas.

Before he could fully stand up right. The officer pulls his taser out and aims it at him.

He shouted, "Hands in the air now !"

As he was lifting his hand, the officer pressed on the trigger. Two darts flew from the taser before landing on his chest. He tried to open his mouth, but the officer pressed once more and electrocuted him.

His body was convulsing. It hurt a lot, he tried to scream, but it came out as a strange sound like a person was drowning and spitting water at the same time.

He fell down on the ground face first and felt a knee on his back. Both of his hands were forced painfully behind his back by the officer. He couldn't hear what the officer was saying because of the shock on his head against the ground. As he was slowly passing out, he felt multiple hands lifting him and dragging him.

This is bullshit.

And he passed out.

1