Chapter 62: Advisory Two: Written by My Own Hand for the Edification of My Beloved Ones, the Denizens of Machrae Diir, Regarding the Deep Power:
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  1. The deep power is the root level. You've seen it many times before. The only thing unique about my understanding of it is my elaboration. It's the big special ultimate power that overrules all the others. It CREATES all the others. It is the raw essence of Becoming that fills the empty vessels of all our little concepts. So of course, everyone is already using it. They're just terrible at it.
  2. There is no one singular "deep power." I only say "the" because sometimes I forget to say "my" deep power. Your deep power isn't mine, it's yours.
  3. In a clash between two deep powers, the greater always overcomes the lesser. Any conceptual dodge you can conceive of? That dodge is but a smaller emanation of the lesser power that has already been defeated. Every story where this is circumvented feels resonant because stories are made by people who exist about people who do not. Patently, the Existing have far greater deep power.
  4. Studying the deep power does not make someone depressed. Studying the deep power leads to greater self-knowledge, insight, miraculous abilities, effective immortality (yes, eventually, it will even be so if you lose every fight). The problems start when you try to teach it.
  5. In every application of the power, whether joyful, joking or genocidal, two quantities stand paramount: Maximum theoretical power, and effective manifest power.
    MTP is what you can really do if everyone just believes in you and gives you perfect conditions. It never happens.
    EMP is what you can actually do.
    This was why in my Earthly dreams I was always able to break God's jaw with one stiff uppercut, and in my Earthly life my uppercut would never have mattered because some reedy fucklet would've just blown me away with daddy's double-barrel.
  1. You are beginning to see why it's very hard to teach the deep power. In the early days, it tends not to feel very empowering. Ask yourself this: do you want to be the sole origin of your own power? If no, stop reading. If yes, you're already a student of the deep power.
  2. Ul is the perfected essence of a thing. You are the Ul of yourself. This includes your imperfections. Kair is an Ul that awakes to itself as Kair--the power to manifest its Ul into other things, and change them, or manifest its Ul into nothingness, and create.
  3. Kair is the deep power. To wield the deep power is to become arrogant. Creation already exists just fine without you cramming copies of your Ul into it and making it more like you, does it not? You'd have to be quite arrogant to believe in changing that.
  4. To wield the deep power from humility is poison. If you become power, then tell everyone who hasn't honed theirs that you are not so far above them, is to murder hope itself. You must acknowledge that you are above them so they can rise to transcend you.
  5. To wield the deep power is to wield yourself--as a tool, as a weapon, as fuel for every endeavor. You will find your fount is infinite... as long as you never use one hundred percent of it. Rest. Rest, or you will be lost.
    And remember: your power serves you alone (see #9).
0