Afterword: Those Who Lie Beneath
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The love of a succubus is artificial. Artificial does not mean 'fake.' Artificial means selected, designed, constructed. The love of a succubus is a construct. Unnatural, uncanny, a psychic gestalt of mutant body language. Phosphorescent skeins of affectionate dreaming.

She does not understand natural love. If such a thing exists, it exists only outside her. If you would love a succubus, you must let her lay the construct of her love before you. Let her speak to the faults she believes she's found in her schematics of desire.

You will sometimes find that she's misunderstood how to build a love that can hold the two of you, together. Tell her what you see. If she is ready to love you, if the love she wants to build looks like the love you want to live in, she will bear it well, and adjust if needed.

The love of a succubus is artificial. And as long as its creatrix survives, she will maintain it. Stars and galaxies and black holes are natural. They end. The love of a succubus is the timeless and unnatural love of an outsider. Help her, and she will build eternity for you. And maybe eternity will only last one night. But love is not a failure because it ends.

Every little love is worth it. Love is a moment that stays with you, wherever you go, whoever  and whatever you become, forevermore.

Love is a dream that will always be with you.

XOXO

~Kaiirliina~

1