Chapter 5
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You have selected Rogue
You g0110in 00000
I felt weird shifting sensations, like undulations in my psyche, and a ring of light appeared at my feet.
 As I was reading the messages, following Creed to the others, the blade in my hand turned malleable and started seeping through my skin, and the ring turned into an iridescent black.
Error
Error
Error
Error
Error
Error
Error

A mistake has incurred within the system due to an aberrant interference.
Do to an overwrite in the system, Fragment From Another World has uninstalled.

When it was fully absorbed, I felt something being pried from my mind. When the thing being pried was fully detached I finally realize something- what is the system? It was something that I should have realized sooner. Fragment From Another World? Well, it sure wasn't from my previous one. Otherwise it should have known what the Redness is. When the System was extracted, I realized that my emotions had been manipulated. A name was left, that I was certain was the one who put the System- Eldolin.
I felt that my body was a lot lighter, and a burden unbeknownst to me had been lifted. And with that, I felt like a restriction that was supposed to be in place had also been removed. I looked at Creed, whose rapier was now absent, and was on all fours like me. "Did you get a combat class?" He asked. I nodded.
"Did your weapon also " "yeah"
We got off the floor, and I felt like I was almost floating. I looked at my stomach, which was no longer as skinny as before. 
Strange. 
"Is it normal to get stronger after getting a class?" 
"Where in the muck have you been living? Did they not have classes or something?"
.......
"'bout time ya showed up!" Tordin exclaimed. "Everyone's leavin'."
Seriven said he had something to see to, and that he had been delayed for far too long.
Aesher said he should head home as his mother was probably worried.
At my confusion Creed explained "he's eight"
"But he's two meters tall!"
"They grow up quickly"
Benrin said he's going to the Rangers' patrol.
Tordin stated that if he stalled any longer, his clan might start a war.
Creed turned to me. "Now that we're alone, would you like to tell me where you're from?"
.......
"So your plane has these weird vehicles that drink, and then they can walk by themselves? I thought Plintshire was weird, but your muck's a whole other level of plonk. And everyone's a human? Looking at you, it might not be the kind of place where everyone gets along. And no magic? Muck, how do you people live? Actually, scratch that- most people without magical abilities or classes live in the slums or the outer city. Are you telling me that your whole world is a slum!?"
"What about where you're from?" I asked.
"Me? Nothing special, just your average tiefling- living on the streets, discrimination here, incrimination there, played the fiddle for a living, and I've finally become a bard, so I can join the Bards' Symphony. Classes help with some things, but you'll miss a lot of the basics if you don't go to a guild. What's your class?"
"Rogue," I answered.
"You probably already know how to sneak attack, right? Considering how you fought earlier," At my nod, he continued "if you're going to be an adventurer, there's the Rogues' guild, though I don't know much."
I held my chin as I considered. I knew five or six people in this world, and trusted one, but it's a trust I'd give my life for.
"What do they do at a Bards' Symphony?"
"Well, they teach you the sounds of creation, and how to harness them into spells. It takes about three years to learn the basics of being a bard."
"Then I'll take three years and finish my training at the Rogues' guild, and we'll meet here then."
"But it takes five years to learn to be a rogue," he countered.
"I said three."
He paused before smirking. Then he put out his hand and said "then see you in three, my first friend."
"See you in three," I took it.
0