Chapter 18
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"... I can't believe you thought of a whole ridiculous scenario about cheese in the time it takes to locate a few cultists" I exclaimed, the morning light shine through the window, illuminating the room we resided in.

"Cheese is evil" Creed said.

"I didn't ask," I replied, then asked "so what's with the cultists?"

"They were from the order of the demon of destruction Shmâd. As in the name, destroying is part of the package. Although I'm not sure why they came after me- I don't think I interfered with them before.”

Later we went to eat something from the inn dinning hall, where everyone greeted Creed by name.

"Creed, when are you going to sing again?"

"I don't know Binible, it depends where my journey takes me."

"Hey Creed," a woman called.

"Good day, Cill!"

"Good morning, Creed," the innkeeper said as we sat down, "thanks to you, I can expect increases in patronage!"

"Nonsense, friend Bomn, it's I who should thank you for hosting us in such a fine room!"

"It's the least I could do after that performance. Would you be willing to stay here and do that more often?"

"'fraid not, Bomn. Infact, I should be heading out now."

"Well, I hope to see you around Creed!"

After eating, we went to the commerce district, in search of a backpack.

"Oh, the devil with the fiddle!" Someone called out on the side from a store "can I help you with something?"

"Looking for a carrying sack."

He pointed out a place for one down the street, which we went to. It was a leather shop, and we bought a backpack for one G.

"I'm telling you," Creed insisted, "it's too cheap, it'll rip easily!"

"Nonsense," I dismissed, "now- to the adventurers' tavern!"

We had with us now a hundred and fifty seven gold on total- seventy five from yesterday, plus three in coppers and silvers thrown at Creed's performance yesterday, and sixty from the contract with Nelliny. And twenty from the cultist.

From the adventurers' tavern we went to a weapons' Smith.

"Dwarves," said Creed, "they're the best in the trade. But they're usually hidden and exclusive to those who find them, so hoping to stumble upon one by chance is a muckhead's goal. And they're not even in every city to find, so you'd need to make sure there even is one."

"I might have a way," I said, scanning the area.

"How " "there" I said, spotting the sign CommeRce Den.

I took Creed by the arm and headed over.

Upon entering the store filled with thingamajigs, whatamedodods and junkeronomoulies, and being greeted at the desk, I said "I'm looking for steel, special and light purple, although I heard that a shorter one is preferable."

"What's purple steel?" Creed asked at my side.

"We don't usually deal in light or purple metals, but if you're looking for a small wide one that fits your criteria, I think I could set you up for ten grams from the back shelf of type two, left, three. It's hard to get, but I managed to get it by asking a red aarakocra."

After purchasing my new sheet of metal as per LAW, I exited the shop, and Creed asked "what was all that muck?"

"I found our dwarf. Come on," walking ten streets behind the commerce guild and two buildings left, we came upon an alley. Three doors in, I found a red door, which I entered. The inside was hot, and Creed entered with me.

The place was full of different metallic ornaments, strewn about in various states of dissaray.

"Well 'en, what you come in 'ere for?"

A dwarf with a brown beared and pale skin asked, his hands holding a pair of tongs grasping a metal piece that was glowing red near his face, and a small needle he was using to shape it. He retained his focused gaze on it even as he asked our business.

"Hand crossbow, and various assorted ammunition."

"Enchanted? The startin' price be five 'undred."

I looked at Creed and he gave me a nod.

"We'll return soon then," I said, exiting the smithy.

After a moment, Creed said "we found the smith, now we need the coin."

"So " "time to kill something" Creed finished.

0