Chapter 20
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We earned four hundred gold after dragging the wyrmling's corpse all the way to the adventurers' tavern. After some discussion, we decided to get a space pouch (bag is holding), to have an easier time of carrying things (like baby metal dragons).

We had four hundred and seventy Gold after Creed flashed a devilish grin, having managed to 'remind' the magic peddler that her wares were half priced that day, so it only cost us fifty Gold. although I still feel that it's more a demonic smile than a devilish grin.

"So, do you want to go hunting again?" I asked Creed.

"Tomorrow. I'm mucked."

"Then let's head to an inn."

As we walked though the street, bustling with noise, I felt something off. I looked at Creed, who also looked at me. I grabbed for my daggers, only to remember they're not there. I looked around, trying to spot something, until I found a thing starting straight at Creed. It had no hair on half of its head, and the side that did have hair went down to its waist, covering one eye. The eye that was revealed was wide open, and was gray in color, though it didn't look inherently so - it looked like the color had been sucked out of it, leaving a dull, lifeless gray. It had a silver orb attached to its chin, a single horn, lanky legs and its arms, and scales randomly spread across its body.

And it was running our way.

 People were being pushed aside as it ran, and when it was close enough, it lunged at Creed.

Of course I intercepted it. I ran forward and I felt everything move sluggishly. With a spin I delivered a backhanded left fist to its jaw, followed by a right knee to its side, and as it was trying to replace it's feet on the ground, I used my left leg to kick it's own, causing it to fall forward. Then I jumped on the joints and a crack resounded as it was rendered immobile.

Time then flowed back to normal as I turned to Creed and asked "what do you want to do with him?"

Creed was taken aback before he answered "take him to the guards, I guess."

We took the to a guard station, and after Creed explained the situation, they exclaimed about how bad it was, how it was happening more often and that they must inform the Lord Goldwing immediately.

After we left the guard station, Creed asked "isn't there a problem for rogues to go to a guard station?"

"Why?" I asked, "guards are very useful if you can convince them to do what you want them to- real dunces. That aside," I changed the subject, "we need to kill the local cultists, seeing as they keep coming after you.”

"That's muckall possible- do you know how hard it is to find a cultist hideout?"

"That's because people don't know what to look for- they don't have the power of cliché to guide them."

"What?"

"And a hidden code I found on a cultist yesternight."

"What?"

"TO THE LIBRARY!"

0