12. Start getting noticed.
1.9k 9 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Narrator's point of view:

While Ren was in the dream world, in the real world in the capital of the demon domain…

The demons were in a state of confusion.

It was an ordinary night, but suddenly, all the citizens, soldiers, and even the generals started to feel incredible pressure, many started to faint because they couldn't resist the pressure, while at that moment the 4 demon king generals thought the same thing.

'The gentleman is upset'.

Abaddon's point of view:

The demon king was in his office after his daughter deactivated the orb, he was sitting with a calm and collected expression, but the pressure and murderous intent he exuded was blowing his cover, after hanging up, he searched for Naomi's number, the envoy of the humans refused to give him the number.

so he hypnotized him, still, what brought him some calm was that the director of ALL would personally go to help her, and the human next to her would be of some help at this time, or actually rip off his flesh. Although the sphere looks like just a communication orb, it is an S-rank artifact called [All-Seeing].

Its function is simple, to the people around the orb, the orb is in charge of reading the emotional state, physical capacities, and mana attributes, once activated, although the boy was a simple D rank, the orb could not read his attribute, Being newly created, the demon king still didn't register all the known rare attributes so he came to a simple conclusion, it must be a unique attribute.

another thing that confused him, to the point of suspicion is that the human boy did not have some kind of lust or strong emotions for his daughter, being how beautiful she is, even the elves who are known to be the most beautiful stayed at least 3 seconds out of his mind, giving his daughter a bunch of thirsty suitors, and giving himself, his father being more cleaning work.

That's why Abadon commissioned the principal to create a powerful bodyguard for her daughter so that she can walk on campus.

Going back to the topic, remembering the calm look of the boy without seeming scared or even nervous, for a moment Abadon believed that he was one of those who captured his wife, but the boy did not show evil, maybe he is a profiteer to win power, but he didn't have that kind of greed, was it more simple greed that perplexed him, a desire to eat hamburgers with bacon?... Abadon could only sigh at how weird humans are and return to the original topic.

Being a monarch, Abadon has many enemies as, unlike the other 3 races, they use demonic energy.

His body receives it and processes it using it as a purer and more powerful mana than normal.

every time a non-demon being tries to use it, it tends to corrupt their mind quickly, high-class devils are not affected by it thanks to their powerful lineage. but even so, there is never a lack of closed-minded idiots who believe that demons are the representation of evil because they are the offspring of the demon god.

After waiting and receiving a call from Naomi about having rescued his daughter and his wife, Abadon knew that he had a lot of work to do, to remedy this case and to avoid something like this again, he called the most reliable general of his 4 generals.

Seeing the woman kneeling before him in her battle maid outfit, Abadon spoke with the majesty of a demon king.

"Ice Maiden Eira, I have a mission for you."

-Yes, my lord, please send his orders.

"You will go to the human domain and pose as an exchange student and protect my daughter until the world peace contract of the 4 races is made.

-Let her will be done, my lord.

"You can go get ready.

As he watched his youngest general leave the office, Abadon looked at his compass in his pocket, under the moonlight there was an inexplicable gleam in his eyes...

In the academy infirmary, 2 young people were sleeping in beds, around each bed there were curtains that denied visibility to others.

on the stretcher in the left corner of the room was a white-haired girl, she looked as beautiful as an angel and if anyone looked closely they would see the bottom of her eyes irritated, evidence of crying, and on the stretcher to his right was a boy lying down, unlike the girl, he was sleeping carelessly without a care in the world, his pillow was sleeping in his arms, he was in an almost fetal position, and in a chair next to him was a girl With blonde hair with her eyes closed, the girl next to her looked quite regal.

Aiko's point of view:

When I opened my eyes, having clarity with me, I could assume that I was in the academy's infirmary.

When I heard my mom's voice last night, I felt a giant weight lifted from my shoulders, I was finally able to return to clarity, and after that, everything happened very quickly.

After the director arrived and they took my mother and me by ambulance, next to my mother in the ambulance, seeing her exhausted face, I cried next to her again, until I fell asleep.

remembering the events of last night I couldn't help but feel useless.

After the boy was sent to the wall the first time and seeing myself cornered with my mother in my arms, I tried to move the mana, but it didn't come out of my hands, my father always said. "The mana is a way of imagining, and the songs are the way of expressing it."

As the man approached, I began to go crazy, never in my life had a man touched me even a hair, but that human wanted to try something, I knew it from his eyes.

at that moment I could only think with what little consciousness I had left.

' means this is humanity!? This is what I get for believing in peace with them. Is this what my father meant when he said that humans have a double face!? if that is so, ALL HUMANS SHOULD-'

While I felt that something wanted to come out of me, I saw how that boy stood up again, put himself in front of me, and fought.

(Deep within the girl, at that precise moment, at that moment of despair, something began to grow inside her, something that does not exist in this era, few know what it is, but those few could say that if it was released, there would be hell on earth.

Unbeknownst to Ren, his act saved millions of lives.

since being thrown to the wall, all the bald man's attention was on the mother and daughter, and ren had few fighting options, no need to try his luck with the lazy man's style or even fight, he could still escape without For the man to see him, with the exit close to him, he was able to avoid risking his life, since in the contract it was stated that he would simply find the mother.

who would say that a simple D-rank student would indirectly be a hero, too bad no human would know).

remembering the boy from last night, a giggle left me, I hope they took him to a hospital, although I remember that he was a student at the academy just like me.

while he continued rambling I heard murmurs on the other side of the curtains, hearing the voice of my benefactor, I began to pay attention to the voice.

Ren's point of view:

While I was dreaming of something beautiful from my past life, a beautiful but annoying voice entered my world of paradise, it was a voice that said:

-wake up

' I wish the annoying voice would go away.

- It's late, wake up.

'An annoying voice indeed, let's see what it wants to bother a sleeping man'

Opening my eyes, I was met with beautiful green eyes, while ren.exe was still rebooting, those eyes turned from a calm look, they became more and frown, realizing the situation I was in, I did what any mature man with an ounce of conscience would do.

I closed my eyes and tried to wake up from the nightmare that was coming, but apparently, at this moment the nightmare is not part of the dream.

-You sleep worse than a log, the director is waiting for us, please move.

Hearing the character requesting my presence, I jumped out of bed, grabbed my uniform that was on a chair to my left, and ran to the infirmary bathroom to change.

Coming out of the bathroom, the elf girl was together with Aiko evilness, Amerie signaled for us to follow her, I just followed her in silence, but Amerie stopped and looked me directly in the eyes while she asked me a question that seemed serious to her.

-Yesterday I was calling you, why didn't you answer me?

" you did it?

I remembered the voice from yesterday and I remembered the proud character of this girl and said without avoiding eye contact with her.

"Sorry for my offense, I had headphones on and I couldn't hear you.

She knew it was a lie, she also knew that if she denied my statement, the girl who was following us and who heard everything, would know that a simple human ignored the elf princess, that would be too much damage to her pride, so Amerie just nodded and continued. moving ahead of us without looking back a second time.

' apparently, everyone should be in class, not seeing anyone in these halls, that saves me from a lot of misunderstandings and possible annoying jerks

feeling a look, I see Aiko looking at me and motioning for me to come closer.

- Thank you for saving my mother, my father will send you an invitation for an audience so that you receive your reward.

"Don't mention it, it was all part of the deal you made with me, no more, no less.

- I'll keep it in mind.

Arriving at the needle, we used the elevator, and upon entering the office, I was met with a kind look from the director.

- you could wait a while outside the office ren, I have something to discuss with the ladies who came with you.

"As you like director.

While I was out of the office, I started to think about how to ask the principal for help to keep my magical affinity hidden from others, and what I will ask for as a reward from the demon king now that the kidnapping thing is settled.

While I was making plans to investigate uses for lightning affinity later, the two girls left the office and when they saw me, they both had a different look, Aiko had gratitude, and Amerie, from the calm look she should have, had a look more... yearning?

' What the hell did the director say to these girls?

When I entered, I was met with the same kind of look that she told me.

-Take a seat Ren, you will like what we will talk about.

Upon reaching her seat in front of her, I sat directly and waited for the director's words that were not long in coming.

- First I must thank you, Ren, thank you for helping to save my friend.

"I made a deal with Miss Aiko Director, I already talked to her and she will give me my reward later.

-even so, I must give you something in gratitude for saving my best friend, as you know, thanks to my state, only a few could call a friend.

"I understand and please don't worry, I don't want a reward, I just want a favor.

- and what favor are we talking about?

Naomi said as she asked curiously, but Ren deduced that from her look it seems that she is having fun.

"It must be hard to believe what I'm going to say, but I have the ra-

-The lost attribute, the lightning right?

"...as you said, I have it and I want to hide it from others, I don't want to end up as a human cow.

- It is something strong that you say despite being in front of the daughter of the emperor, how do you know that I will not give you up? .(c:)

"Because you always talk about justice in your conferences and because you are the director of ALL, I know the love you have for your students.

'I hope that's what he said in conferences, otherwise I'll be fried...

and apparently, I was not wrong to see how Naomi meditated on my words.

- um.

"..."

-I can give you something more than that.

"excuse me?

- I can give you protection in case the information is leaked.

"...and what would I have to do for that?

- You are smarter than you appear right?

"He overestimates me, director, the truth is that as my grandfather used to say, "nothing is free in this life"

'damn wise old man indeed.

- Wise words from your grandfather, as you know the attribute of lightning is something lost in the history of humans, we know what we know thanks to the stories we were told as children, and now someone appears with the same attribute as the hero from 500 years ago, what do you think I would ask someone like that?

' As long as I don't make myself noble, I do what you want.

"I hope it's not playing a famous hero, I want a quiet life after finishing school.

-And how will you plan to pass without mana?

"putting in more effort than I usually use.

- Without using mana with the attribute you will limit yourself a lot, you know that right?

"I have understood it since I found out that I am the holder of the directing ray.

- Why instead of taking advantage of that lost attribute and strengthening yourself to gain fame, power, and women? Do you want to hide it from the world? just by saying that you possess the lightning bolt, all the best guilds in the whole world would rush for an interview with you.

"Because, what I am looking for is not power or fame, miss, if to gain fame I would need to throw away my peace of mind, then I prefer my peace of mind.

'Living among fame would be a total bummer, I don't need something as stupid as fame.

The director looked me in the eye for a few seconds, and then she gave me a beautiful smile.

- you passed, now I can tell you what I want your help with

"So that, was that a test? I thought you were just curious about me."

-and I do, but I'm one of those who separate business from private life, so are you ready to hear it?

"What do you need me to do?

-I need you to save Kazuma Nakiri, the great elf king and the daughter of a dear friend.

"Please don't scare me, director, because she could help some heavyweights like them without telling her friend who, knowing her, I don't think she's someone common

- relax, it's not something impossible for you, and less in the way you used lightning to improve your nerves

"So you were there last night huh? I must say that was something I did in a moment of desperation, it only happened once."

- and I want you to do it a few more times, and for that, you are going to train.

"Headmistress, although I must say that training is necessary, with the academy classes having a reputation for only passing 10% of the entire class, I don't think I would have time to train that along with my sword arts besides it's an attribute where no one knows how to train it, so I'm sorry to have to turn it down, and apologize for wasting your valuable time

'ha... looks like I'll have to go.

- If you do, you will disappoint the 2 girls who came out a moment ago since 2 of those people are their relatives.

"It's kind of cruel in trying to call out my sense of compassion for 2 girls I don't know and have NO relationship with.

- If you do, I will exonerate you from the theoretical subjects.

" done"

- So instead of helping extremely cute girls, it's more of a priority to avoid classes?

"Those extremely cute girls, they are daughters of heads of nations, a mere boy like me wouldn't try a move on them even if they paid me.

- and if I exonerate you of everything in exchange for you doing it

"You're pretty good at pranks, Headmistress...girls in their position must have suitors with great possessions and positions, a mere academy student without any of that would be crushed."

-But you have the legendary lightning attribute.

"A boy with a missing attribute cannot move nations.

- Maybe

"excuse me?

- nothing. ramblings of an older woman.

"You are still too young to consider her older.

Are you trying to flirt with me?

"Not at all director, I just said facts

- Didn't you say you couldn't make them fall in love?

"and I don't, my simple words couldn't move any girl's heart.

- and how are you so sure of that if you didn't even check it?

"I may be young, but I know enough to say that these types of girls like actions more than words.

- You're right about that Ren, and do you think your words didn't touch a thread in my heart?

' Yes, the director indeed examines you to the limit, this is worse than being in front of the FBI agents.

"Being the most powerful and beautiful woman in the human domain, few things should move her heart, and my words are definitely not one of those things.

- and you say you don't want to seduce me?

"and I don't, is what people say.

Naomi propped her 2 elbows from hers on top of the table, supported her head with her hands, and crossed her legs.

- and what would be your opinion of me, ren?

"...you want my words as a man? or as a student of the academy?

- Let's start as a student.

"I can only say that she is amazing at doing school and getting an advocate agreement.

She moved closer to me, not taking her eyes off her.

-and as a man?

“Let's see… you could have accomplished many things just by taking advantage of her status as the emperor's daughter, or taking advantage of her beauty and catching a man with power, you certainly could, but you didn't.

"You trained and worked hard, getting to be on a par with the great monarchs of the 3 races and you raised the best academy for heroes of the human domain from the mud with your own sweat, I can only say that I have great admiration and respect for you. His achievements

The image that was revealed to me, I can only say that it will remain imprinted on me for the rest of my life.

It was a beautiful smile from a woman who just wanted more than appreciation for her beauty.

After sitting in front of me with that smile for a few seconds, she returns to her calm expression.

It took me 20 seconds to regain my composure.

- you see, Kazuma has been in a coma for a year, the doctors said that if they try the surgery, his brain might react badly thinking it's an attack and activate mana to defend his body, but in the coma, he can't store mana and without having mana, internal injuries and very possible death would occur, do you understand that?

"And you want me to somehow activate his brain?

-more specifically that you send small waves of electricity as a message to his brain so that his body does not react to operating.

"And how exactly would you do that? Send mana into his brain?"

- not only that, it's passing electricity with the same communication frequency as a neural synapse, you should be able to do it.

"It will be difficult to achieve such precision.

- and for that reason, I will train you myself, I will give you private classes on Saturdays together with some other people and the rest of the week you will do self-study

"And Kazuma nakiri will be the first patient because he is from the human domain right?

-Not really, but because he is the easiest of the 4.

"Weren't they 3?

- Very detailed, the last one will be depending on how you do with the first 3.

"And will they give me money?"

- Didn't you say you wanted a simple life?

"Even to live simply you need money, director.

- You're right, then I'll talk to the head of the nakiri to ask him for your reward as money.

"One more thing, director, could you not tell Kuroka anything?

- ho... you could take advantage of that and win favor with her, and who knows, maybe start something with her.

"If she notices, if I did, I won't earn her affection, only her thanks, and if that ends, what will remain?"

The principal blushed like a child when she realized her mistake to calm her expression moments later.

'Yes, she is the daughter of a politician, that ability to change expression instantly... those from the other world owe this woman an Oscar.

"I didn't know the most powerful woman I know could blush like that.

- I'm also a girl! ok?

" and I agree with you, it's just a child's ramblings.

- ...you have more peace of mind than many adults I know.

"It must be because these people are fascinated with her directing beauty.

*smile*

- and you are not?

'Hell, she does test one's mental stamina.

"I don't think there is a man on earth who wouldn't be, I don't get like them because you allow that.

- you explain me?

"Being an SSS rank, you expel a pressure naturally that can lower the intellectual capacity of these people, surely they get like that because you don't suppress your pressure with them as you did with me.

- heh... you're absolutely right ren, so we'll continue with this talk on Saturday, go back to your classes, today they give you their attribute cards.

"Thank you for your time director, until then.

narrator's point of view:

After Ren left, Naomi sat down and continued with her paperwork not noticing a small blush on her cheeks giving a magnificent background image with the window behind her.

If an accurate portrait of that image were made, many men would give up all their wealth just to possess the painting, too bad it is only possible for a certain person to see it in the future...

44