33. one day before the excursion.
1.2k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A huge white and beautiful castle could be seen, a castle that Ren would describe as extravagant and very flashy, and at the same time it would be difficult to describe it because of its exaggerated way of attracting attention with its gold decoration in many places, but depending on the game, also it's quite sturdy even for someone of rank A... that castle is located in the middle of the capital of Neum, but now many villagers could be seen outside the castle celebrating about the ceremony happening inside it.

Everyone was at the award ceremony in the royal palace for certain students for leading and saving the entire freshman class A, along with a student from group B.

In the game, it was an award ceremony, and at the same time, it was going to be a bad moment for the emperor's power because originally the event that would lead to this award was due to the students who died inside a dungeon and although the protagonists managed to save Many students could not prevent the parents of the students who could not be saved from trying to attack the power of the emperor, which depending on the decisions in the game would cause a coup in the not too distant future.

But hey... the butterfly effect caused by a variant of fate in this world saved more lives than in the game and said variant caused what originally would be a tired and overwhelmed expression on Kiriko for not being able to save those students. The now Kiriko who was kneeling in front of the emperor's throne while waiting for his reward had a happy smile on his face.

Kiriko was receiving a medal from the emperor himself.

The heroines were beside him kneeling in the same way with him.

the 5 promising youngsters of different races received monetary rewards from the families of the other parents they were saved from, but when all these youngsters were asked...they all decided to decline the reward money and upon asking them the reason, Kiriko asked to pass all the rewards to a specific student.

In the beginning, those present at the ceremony were strange as to why...

Kiriko first got up from the ground and nodded to the girls, and they did the same, he grabbed the microphone and without any hesitation said

- I invite Ren Artega to come forward here, he is the one who most deserves to be in this award since without him, no student could have left the dungeon alive.

when that was heard, there was a big ruckus in the room, no one expected Kiriko to mention that, the most affected was Ren who was eating something in the buffet area, as if it was already planned, all the lights in the room were turned off and he was illuminated under lights, Ren was seen by many nobles and drew a lot of attention, Ren's mind was going blank, but a thought crossed his mind.

'How the hell did I end up being named...

---

I heard author

(Yeah?)

why did you skip the whole adventure?

(this...)

...

You better start counting at once or I'll tell everyone that you like it.

(shh, okay, we'll start from the day after dinner with Naomi and Bianca).

that's how I like it, then

---

.

.

.
When Ren opened his eyes in this new room in this new room, for some reason he felt that a gloomy fate awaited him.

but to Ren's mind, he decided to avoid the crowd from now on for some reason.

---

(yes of course)

Can you stop getting into my story?

(it's my story)

...

ha... let's continue with Ren's point of view, I'll go see this lazy idiot author and stop bothering him.

Ren's point of view:

when I woke up in this new bed, apart from the fact that I could feel the comfort of an expensive bed.

I also realized that all my possessions were here without fail.

I couldn't help but be surprised by the room that Naomi gave me... the room is really big, you could say it's a penthouse.

a King size bed, and around my room some windows give tactile images that one wishes, I found the magical technology that is handled here interesting, I began to play with the different functions and I put a screen that seems that there was a forest around me, and I must say that even the sound is realistic, although I was a little disappointed by the artificial smell of wood that does not look like a normal tree, I must admit that there is too much realism.

When I got out of bed, there were rabbit slippers next to me that I chose before going to sleep last night, like a mature man I put them on, and I began to play with them before getting out of bed.

"Yes, aha, hit him, hit the eye with everything, that.

After laughing for a while at the stupid thing I did, I got up and went to the kitchen.

The kitchen... I must say, when I entered I kept my eyes open for a few seconds, there is everything, from a place to place your spices that are like transparent glass jars, to a crescent knife along with many types of knives and pots, what would be handled in a high-end kitchen is here.

the refrigerator is a giant 4-door one, when I imagined how much bacon it can fit in... I started drooling without noticing.

after seeing the whole place, including the incredible giant bathtub in the bathroom, it seems that it is enough to bring many people, although one would say a pity that I am lonely here, not really, more space for me.

Looking at the time, I realized that it is 7:00, knowing that there is still an hour and a half left before the start of classes and that on the first floor of this building, there is a teleport door that can take me to the buildings of classes, I didn't worry and I was able to relax.

I went to do fitness training in the gym in my room, and yes, it also has its mini gym, I guess they also hired a dwarf to make so much space in the room.

I was in my boxer shorts after taking a bath, preparing my coffee, with music from the 90s similar to the one from my old world, which luckily is still here, and when I turned around intending to head towards the dining room, I saw her.

An Eira with a stoic expression looked at me with her yellow eyes in silence, but looking closely, I saw a blush that wants to appear on her white cheeks.

without panicking because of how he looked at my crotch trying to stay professional without much success, I didn't get nervous like those protagonists because of how he looked at me, I acted indifferent and replied to the silent Eira.

"Good morning Eira, may I know the pleasure of your visit?

Eira noticing my indifference forcibly calmed down and answered me coldly.

-I wanted to tell you that in 10 minutes you should be ready to leave, if you take longer, at 8:10 I will go with the lady and report to the lady that you are lazy when it gets late on your first day as the lady's assistant.

"I apologize for my lack, now I go

'I almost ran out of time for my coffee moment.

she nodded and walked out in her maid outfit through a door at the side of the living room and she disappeared from my sight.

Eira's outfit consists of long black stockings, a blue one-piece dress, paired with a white, ruffled apron, and also paired with a white headband. (A common maid only that instead of black a more or less navy blue).

"So it's time for the lazy student to move number 3, which is BCR.
so I ran to the shower too:
Bathe me like lightning.
Change me like a snake
Run like the light to the door.

coming out with a cool crouching glide-type pose I said to myself.

"BCR lazy student move number 3, ready.

'Although it was a waste to bathe again, it was necessary to complete the BBC correctly.

when I opened my eyes I realized 2 things, Miss Aiko and Eira were there, Aiko with her beautiful uniform as always, and Eira similar, from the 2 lines on her sleeves I knew that she is a second year, and a Saiko Hakuya with a stoic look there also looking at me in silence.

the first thing I thought was.

'Saiko is my neighbor? Now that's a surprise, though...

Although I remember that the principal lived alone... now that I look at it, it seems that the mother-daughter relationship is not that good.

'But what was she doing yesterday at the needle?

I remembered that it was not the time to have a monologue, I calmed down, got up from the ground, fixed my tie, and said with seriousness that it cost me all my mental energy.

"Move BBC ready, here I am my lady.

and bowed in front of Aiko.

Apparently, my performance wasn't very common, let's say because none of the 3 girls said anything for a few moments...

Saiko just said goodbye to the girls without looking at me for a moment and continued on his way, while he was embarrassed wanting to bury my head in the ground, Aiko approached me saying.

- good move the BBC, can you show me something similar tomorrow?

Aiko said with a smile as she placed a hand on her mouth and giggled.

I wanted...

He really wanted to cast a curse like before…

but now I'm at work, when I picked up my phone when I turned on the music a while ago since everything is magic technology in my new room, I saw that a sum of money arrived in my bank account, although I didn't know why they paid me for In advance, when I saw the sum, I thought I was seeing badly, and I had to look 3 times to make sure.

Telling you that I almost threw my sacred bacon out of the frying pan when I saw it, says the level of my initial shock, I must admit that demons are good bosses, they paid me very well.

I just stood up straight and told him.

"If the lady likes it, I'll do it with pleasure.

- Seriously now you come to me with formality?

Aiko found it strange that I was talking to her so formally when she was even trying to make me talk at lunchtime a couple of days ago and I was trying to get her off of her.

- and what happened yesterday? you were joking with 2 women of powers no problem.

I felt a tone of envy in her voice, I calmly replied to the grumpy Aiko

"Yesterday they were drunk and I just played along, and now I'll be your assistant.

-Well, until yesterday you spoke to me rudely.

Aiko said while she made a cute pout and Eira began to stare at me in silence, I had to speak when I felt my cold neck.

"If you want me to sew my mouth together, at least give me a potion to prevent infection.

- huh?

Aiko didn't expect my level of dedication to be that high, and she began speaking hurriedly thinking it wasn't a joke.

- It was a joke, don't worry, it doesn't bother me, on the contrary, I would ask you to talk to me like that

' Is it so weird that they put strings in your mouth so you can't talk? It was a way to keep someone quiet if you want to shut them up.

"I'll do it when I'm out of turn

- oh really? and when is that?

"at the ringing of 5 pm which is when today's classes end

-um

Aiko held her head as if what she was proposing was uncomfortable, apparently she got used to my cold way of speaking.

- Well... but yes, you will not leave my side and in class, you will help me with today's homework

"I can teach you after class or when practice starts today so that you can learn without having to try too hard.

Aiko looked at me surprised to hear me.

- After finishing your practice, don't you usually sleep until the end? I also remember that you also slept 2 hours after the end of the classes

'did this girl learn my sleep schedule?

Although I was slightly surprised that Aiko knows my sleeping schedule, still, I proposed to her.

"For you my lady, I can interrupt my sleep for a few minutes

Aiko's eyes sparkled as if what I said was a sacrifice on my part to her, but really it's just something I have to do, if I had nothing to do, I'd go to sleep.

-ha... whatever, let's go

After a slight sigh, the three of us headed toward class.

Aiko Evilness' point of view:

while I was on my way to class with my friend and confidant maid, along with my new assistant who did not have the bored and calm look that he usually shows to others, but a more serious look as if he was dedicated to fulfilling his work that I give him my mother who just wanted to hang out with him.

'oh goddess, Mother, I want to thank you, but it's embarrassing

I tried to look at Ren out of the corner of my eye without drawing his attention, but he caught my gaze instantly and looked back into my eyes... I stayed for a moment making eye contact with him, but this time, I was able to do it. As he told me his advice, I was able to remain calm, although I was looking at his beautiful blue eyes that hypnotized me, I just nodded at him and he did the same and I turned my gaze to the front trying to calm my heart agitated by my shame.

'I did it! I was able to maintain eye contact with him this time without bowing my head for more than 3 seconds

As I celebrated my small victory in my heart, I kept remembering how this whole relationship with Ren started, it seemed incredible just thinking about it.

.

.

.

I remember that the next morning after that night in the warehouse... I was quite worried about my mother, I could only breathe calmly when the doctors told me that she was fine, I knew that the doctors who treated my mother were people from the Headmistress of All, and although it's only been a day since I learned how horrible humans can be, I had to accept Naomi's words and wait, I think since I felt the need to seek comfort from the man I barely met that night, I knew there was something strange in me.

In the afternoon when I saw my mother, she asked me about Ren, first, she began to ramble saying that his voice reminded her of someone, but for some reason, she couldn't remember who, it seemed strange to me, but it wasn't like that I knew it or could guess, I ignored it and I was able to continue with my school days, or so I hope.

but Ren was still a mystery, my mind always took me to him, and after days of enduring this strange need to know more about him, out of curiosity I went to see him, I don't know why when I search for what I can talk to him about, my strange behavior came to mind along with my strange feelings, so I told her about my 'friend', because when she wanted to say it was me, I was embarrassed, I didn't know why I told her that without thinking about that moment, but now I appreciate it, your words helped me understand what was happening to me.

after Ren's advice, I began to think that I might like him, I had never had that kind of feelings towards someone of the opposite sex, I consulted my mother, and she told me that it was possible that I only had a sense of gratitude, at that time I took it as something unimportant, just a wish to thank my benefactor.

But when Kuroka badmouthed Ren, I felt bitterness in my heart, I didn't know why I felt like this, it was the first time I wanted to use my magic to harm someone, I knew it was bad, so I buried it deep inside. mind and felt embarrassed by that kind of thinking as if I were a demonized demon.

I wanted to get closer to hear Kuroka better, and when I heard that Ren came from a common family...

strangely, I don't care in the slightest, my father always told me that he hated the idea of me committing to a man, and at the same time he always told me to look for a husband using extremely high standards for others, I knew thanks to my mother who punished my father when she found out that he tried to turn me into "an arrogant princess", even so, I knew that I should look for love in someone who is of my status... but when I found out about Ren's origins, more I gave importance to the fact that Ren proposed to Kuroka the first day that his family status.

at that moment I thought.

' but I'm prettier than her... I even have bigger breasts

When I realized what I was thinking, I felt ashamed once again, for comparing myself to someone, when I was told so many times not to.

Since my mother was on medical leave, I didn't know who to turn to since I don't have many friends here, the discrimination against devils is strong despite being in the middle of a peace treaty, along with the fact that I'm the only devil in my class, on the other hand, dwarves and elves receive much more acceptance from humans, either because of the beauty of the elves or the innate ability of the dwarves, one of their characteristics, the only thing that characterizes me is that I am a granddaughter of the demon god, I can only hang out with Amerie and Kara because of that.

apart from the girls who sit with Kiriko, no one else talks to me, and even sometimes they ignore me for having demon horns, many times the human girls would make a disgusted face when noticing my horns protruding from my head... like this that I just went with the person who looked at my horns and made a somewhat unique comment without any sarcasm, just pure curiosity "those horns are useful... do you think you can hang a towel on there? Or better yet, put bacon to dry"

I told Ren that my friend feels "different" from her competition for being a devil, I remember how he looked at me like an idiot and just said.

- Is your friend stupid?

That was Ren's first comment, it was the first time she heard foul language directly, even worse, it was directed at me, although it was painful, I don't mind her words

-if she wants to make the boy notice her, it's kind of stupid that she wants to be someone else, it's totally unnecessary

Ren spoke as she looked at her food as if she was explaining something obvious.

-Love does not come when you see something good in the person, but when you see the good and their defects the same, but that still does not take away her decision, that is love

His words were quite precise and direct, it was as if my eyes had been opened... since that afternoon, every day I began to ask Ren for advice on how to approach the boy I like, and he gave me a lot of advice and even ways a girl can approach a man, it was as if a scholar had told me about it... when I mentioned it to my mom she only spoke while laughing.

- fufu, so that boy is quite a casanova huh? Or he saw many things on the way.

" in that way?

I asked my puzzled mother, she spoke about Ren as if she had come to her conclusion.

My mother spoke to me in a sweet voice while I was resting my head on her bust, she spoke to me as she stroked my hair.

- daughter... learning is not only what you live, you can see your partner's situation and learn from there, it is more likely that Ren spoke from that perspective, after all, his words were not wrong, those ways my friends used to trap their husbands when they were young... remember, smart people learn from their mistakes, but the wisest people learn from the mistakes of others

My mother was silent for a few moments after saying that, then she started to laugh softly as she commented on something weird.

-since you say that he usually eats alone, I don't know why, but I have a hunch that maybe he was a psychologist in another life

The author was scared to the core by that comment, the author commented to himself

---

(how did that woman know?)

A woman's instinct is scary, isn't it?

(You can't imagine, I saw how a mother just by looking at her daughter at breakfast after she arrived from a trip the night before, her mother realized that her daughter was 3 weeks pregnant with just one look ).

---

And so the days passed with Ren, he sits in front of me, and I see everything he does.

Ren sleeps the whole class, but when I come back from the cafeteria, he's the first one there talking to teacher Shiro about topics in class that completely confuse me, they talk like it's 2 old men talking about their magical research theories.

'how is that to burst an elongated pumpkin to train?

I only once eavesdropped on what those 2 were talking about, I couldn't understand anything else, they spoke human biology, and advanced forms of physics I couldn't comprehend, and I quickly gave up.

When it was time to do a job where 2 students work, for example, advanced physics.

At first, I felt excited at the idea of working with him, I wanted to ask him for help with the exercises I didn't understand, but...

Ren always keeps half of the task plus 1 and as if he were a genius, in what they give us an hour of time he does his half in 15 minutes, then he gives it to me to put it together when I finish mine and returns to sleep until the end of class.

Or on some occasions someone approaches Ren to consult him, only if that person can bear without escaping the cold look that Ren gives when they pick him up, which only Kiriko managed so far, Ren explains the parts that are difficult to understand.

I also realized that Ren has a good friendship with the director, to the point that it seems that he is talking to his equal instead of the director of the largest academy in the human domain, it was incredible when I heard them that Saturday inside the cube because of how they talked.

When there are meetings between messengers of my race and the headmistress to regularly talk about commerce where I have to be present as the daughter of the patriarch, I saw how those A-rank men in the demon continent can speak with pride for having a certain rank within the army when They were facing Naomi, they couldn't help but hold their trembling wrists behind their backs, coupled with Naomi's cold tone, according to my mother, it was Naomi's natural way of dealing with strangers…it was a big difference the treatment of they like the treatment towards Ren.

But one thing I'm sure of is that Ren is a pervert, I recently learned what that word means.

When he looked at Kuroka's butt that first Saturday, I felt heavy and for some reason, I wanted him to do the same to me, but he didn't.

I felt less pretty, but my mother explained to me laughing that if I looked at him badly, it was most likely that he didn't want to offend me.

He also made friends with all the cooks within ALL, I still don't know how he was able to do it, and thanks to him many improved their cooking, the boys envy him a bit, and the girls from the cooking workshop always wait for him to come by. his room, to ask them for advice and to teach.

but Ren always answers them in a boring way and sometimes if they don't understand, in a rude way that he can't because he is doing more important things, but the others are not offended, on the contrary, it seems that he is great and a responsible and busy man, only me I know it's because he was going home to sleep.

When I invited him to eat at my table with Kiriko and the others, he would always reject me on the grounds that he would be boring in his presence.

Today I wanted to check it out, I was excited to arrive at lunchtime.

Today they gave us very strange physics course exercises.

When I saw the exercise, I couldn't help but shake my head from side to side without understanding anything at all.

[if person A is on top of a 3-meter tree with a bow and arrow and his target B is 15 meters away from the tree eating an apple, how many Newtons of force is applied to hit his head without alerting anyone? within a radius of 30 meters?]

(It's something that occurred to me on the fly, don't ask me to get the result)

(but if someone can, my congratulations brother)

I spent a few moments contemplating how to solve this exercise, but no way occurred to me, I was already giving up and I inadvertently let out a sigh of defeat, moments later, Ren who was in front of me, heard my sigh and turned to see me, I felt very ashamed to say directly that I didn't understand the job, so I tried to give him the look that I have been with my father all my life to give me what I want, but doing it to Ren would entail a great cost.

* puppy dog eyes

'Earth swallow me!

I knew it was going to be embarrassing to show this look to Ren, but after doing it my embarrassment was reaching my limit, Ren only saw my gaze for a few moments and stood up while he sighed and tried to calm me down.

- please miss, that is not necessary, let me help you with this exercise

Ren stood next to me and crouched down, so that my face is close to his, Ren who had a serious look, was looking at the exercise for a few moments looking for a way to explain it.

- you see, if the target is 3 meters high, using the gravity data which is 9.81 which will equate to more force than the original when launching the arrow, together with the force capacity of a simple bow as the exercise says, this will equal...

As I looked at the serious Ren, my heart skipped a beat.

'Has anyone noticed that when the boy you like has a serious look, he looks more handsome?... oh no, focus Aiko, Ren is taking his time to teach you this, focus!

It took a few minutes, but Ren patiently explained to me what he had to do and managed to link the way to solve the first exercise with the others, making it easier for me to practice the other exercises alone.

'he is a good teacher

It was my thought after the bell that ended the class rang.

Although Professor Shiro is a good teacher, I loved Ren's explanation, it was as if her explanation was personalized for me as if she understood my strengths and how to take advantage of them to achieve completion.

As we went out to the cafeteria, although I was constantly watching him, Ren who was behind me was already trying to withdraw by the time I lost concentration for a moment.

On the way, I had to put up with my embarrassment and drag him by the arm at least 3 times to keep him by my side.

Ren was saying all the way as if he was looking for one way or another to leave and avoid sitting with my group in the cafeteria.

- it is unnecessary miss

-It will be bad for his group to be there.

and things like that.

when I drag it to order food in one of the many areas...

When the lady saw Ren, I saw her eyes light up for a moment and instead of using the pot where she served the other students, she went to a different pot that contained rice... that included bacon.

'so that's why he always eats something different from the others huh? I thought she brought the bacon in her backpack and added it before eating.

while the lady served the bowl of rice, when she saw me, as if she were a teasing familiar, she giggled at Ren and told him.

- So you fell in love with a girl, huh Ren? Too bad, my daughter was also falling in love with you, she came here from her job every time you ordered meals here to see you, but today she couldn't come because she got the flu, tell me, don't you have a recipe to improve it by chance?? I looked at pharmacies, but her medicines contain monster parts which make them quite expensive, and I don't have that kind of money, I would have to ask for a loan, but my credit ran out too.

Ren thought for a few moments and spoke again to the woman who was holding a handkerchief to her teary crinkled eyes.

- Of course, Mrs. Mercedes, you see, my grandmother always used lukewarm water with yellow lemon and honey, those ingredients are cheap in the market near Mrs. Cecilia's house, you can talk to her and ask her for directions, and if that method doesn't work, you will have to make her sweat a little and then...

After a few moments of speaking, the lady told him with a big smile as she prevented her tears from touching the earring.

- Thank you very much, Ren, really, I really appreciate it, when I finish my work shift I'll get home and do what you told me.

I was happy for the lady and felt sorry for her daughter's story, also my impression of Ren improved seeing how he helped that lady who couldn't afford to pay for common medicine, but Ren said some unexpected words before leaving.

-Don't worry ma'am, and by the way, I'm her servant, not her boyfriend.

Ren said as he came up behind me with the tray in his hand and grabbed mine with his other hand.

Although Ren wasn't wrong, I couldn't help but complain internally.

'so much clarification was not necessary! My God, what do I do to make him fall in love?

---

nothing my daughter, just trust the author.

(now you come to interrupt the story?)

Sorry, I wanted to interact a bit then.

(just follow the story)

Well.

---

Arriving at the table in the back where Kiriko and the girls were already eating, Kara greeted me and Ren next to me from afar, avoiding a frown, everyone from the table looked at us strangely when they noticed Ren next to me.

When we approached the table, everyone remained silent, and I can't blame them, seeing the same guy further away from everyone and always looking bored, it's a big contrast to the serious Ren who stayed by my side.

the only one who nodded after a moment of comprehension was Kumiko.

I couldn't contain my smile knowing that Ren will be able to eat next to me from now on.

"Hello guys, is there a problem if Ren sits with us?

- Ren is always welcome

Kiriko spoke with a smile, from what I know, he was also trying to get Ren to sit with us, he must have liked the news that Ren is sitting with us.

- I will accept as long as I don't try to give us all bacon since I already learned how to do it myself.

Kumiko just said those words and continued to eat his food, but I could tell that his lip was slightly raised.

- the more friends the better the taste of the beer.

Kara said, speaking as if she drank dwarf beer often when she only drank it once, but apparently, she loved it.

- please Kara, we are still students for that, sit down confidently Ren.

Amerie spoke as she spoke to Ren politely, from what she said, she told me that Ren had ignored her and she wants to pay him back, but she can't find a chance.

I don't want to eat at the same table as him.

' huh?

That's what you said, Kuroka.

Really... I couldn't understand Kuroka's words, from what I know, she rejected Ren at the beginning of class, but I don't think it's reason enough to deny herself the right to sit next to the others who did accept.

" why?

I asked, trying to get the logic behind her rejection and she spoke in a cold tone as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

-I accepted Kiriko because he is my guide sent by my grandfather and a capable man, but this pervert? I will not accept a man like that at this table

After saying that, Kuroka turned her attention back to her food as if she had nothing more to say.

-ho...

I heard Ren say that as if he had seen something interesting, when I turned to look at him, I could see Ren's smile, the smile that Ren was giving Kuroka felt very strange.

and it seems that Kumiko felt it too when she saw how she quickly got up to pull Ren's ear and spoke to him in a whisper that I could hear.

- what are you doing?

- I was not going to do anything

Ren was talking to himself as if he didn't understand what Kumiko was referring to.

- Don't play the idiot with me, you made that smile when you saw that guy who was Don Julio's competition leave the restaurant after making trouble, and days later that restaurant was closed due to a massive infestation of rats

I heard an unusual story, Ren was silent for a few moments and then spoke.

-Okay, sorry.

He turned his gaze directly to Kuroka who didn't even try to look at him and crouched down as if he were a servant before her.

- I apologize if it bothers you, I'll go to another table

Kuroka didn't even respond to Ren's apology, but he didn't react to that and he turned to me and said.

- Excuse me for ruining your good atmosphere, miss, I'm going to retire.

Ren said as he went to put his tray in the trash, I thought he was going to throw the food away from him, but I could see something when he put the tray down.

'empty!? I thought I would throw away the food.

I heard Kumiko's murmur next to me

-idiot, even when he's angry he never wastes bacon like he said he would

Kumiko had a very small mocking laugh as she said that comment, then she put on her stoic face again and sat next to Kiriko elegantly, and continued eating without saying a word.

'so she's another bacon lover huh?

I thought while looking at that tray that is similar to Ren's, while thinking about how I could order something similar from them, I had to try to divert my mind to avoid getting angry at what just happened.

I sat similar to Kumiko, next to Amerie.

Kiriko, seeing the tense atmosphere, asked Kuroka with a somewhat awkward smile.

"Kuroka, why did you refuse Ren to sit here?

- he's not a nice guy.

"Hey, why do you say that?

-ha... I received information about him, an assistant told me that this guy closed cooking restaurants, by copying dishes that are not his and then reselling them to gain a false reputation, there is an investigation so they can prove that he is copying someone else's dishes.

Kuroka said coldly, then as if he sensed something, he turned his gaze to Kumiko who was looking at Kuroka stoically, but we could all feel that she wanted to say something.

-Isn't that right Kumiko? Since you look at me like that, you must know the truth.

Kumiko's tone was totally flat, like a servant, the level of status is different, but it seems that Kuroka's words made Kumiko very angry.

- That is false Miss Kuroka, I have worked with Ren, and he created those dishes, he was indeed suspected of flageolet, and they even wanted to accuse him of plagiarism, but he defended himself, proved that it was not true, and defended the Don Julio's restaurant.

As if it was something funny, Kuroka replied wryly along with a teasing smile.

- Are you telling me that he knows how to cook at that level? even though it is already known that he only sleeps in class? a lazy one where it seems that he could not even boil water? Do you really want him to believe that nobody has the skills and experience to cook as a chef on the same level as the renowned chefs who accused him of plagiarism?

Kiriko also tried to mediate between the two trying to protect Kumiko.

- I also ate from your Kuroka kitchen, and I must say that it was the best thing I've ever eaten, especially that chicken wrapped in bacon, I can assure you with my name, Ren tells the truth

Kuroka hearing the direct words of the emperor's grandson, knows that if she contradicts him even though he gave his name, it would be like a slap to the royal family.

- so you also support her huh? I guess couples support each other

With that comment, Kiriko blushed completely, apparently with her guard down, I thought that Kumiko would blush similarly as always when she bothers Kara in the dressing rooms, but seeing still the fixed gaze she was giving Kuroka, it seems that the matter is more serious to her than it seems.

-I suggest you go to Don Julio's restaurant to find out if she is wrong or not

Kumiko left that comment as she looked at Kuroka.

- Of course, I'll go, but if for a moment the food doesn't satisfy me, I'll use everything in my power to close it.

Kuroka accepted the challenge with a smirk.

Kumiko kept smiling and just said

- We'll see miss, we'll see.

and so our uncomfortable lunch continued.

After school, I was trying to apologize to Ren for a long time, but he didn't mind that moment of embarrassment, in the practical class today some made fun saying that he tried to propose to Kuroka again, comments that Ren ignored while practicing with his sword in a corner.

I was with Ren going to the bedrooms when I was about to enter mine, he told me.

- Aiko.

'it's past 5

" Yeah?

I turned to Ren with a smile, thinking that we could talk like before right now.

-Tonight's trip, you should bring some basic survival things, I'll talk to Eira to see what she could bring for you.

- OK?

Leaving me confused, Ren walked into her room and left me alone in the hallway.

23